Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To anyone thinking of trying EVE: There are NO safe places

Comments

• BurnouttxBurnouttx Member UncommonPosts: 21

Wow, sounds like the OP should just go back to playing Minecraft, quit trolling for a response,  and watch "Hello Kitty" videos....

Getting ganked on EvE Online is part of the game.  I've lost my fair share of ships being either the ganker or the gank-ee.   I just don't go crying about it.  AND unlike some, I learn to make better builds with each fight.  Some people in this game just cry when they keep on committing the same mistakes, don't learn how to keep an eye on their surroundings when they are out and about flying, and then wonder why their wallet is drying up from the losses. 

Here is a couple of key hints for those who are interested in trying for Industrial types like my toons are:

1)  NEVER AFK  MINE - even in high sec.  If you're AFK when a high sec pirate corp comes a knockin',  you deserve what happens to your ship, period.

2)  Always keep local open and chat with other miners.  Having good sources of intel is a must to survive in the game.  Plus, it can get you into a descent corporation and make friends.  Always ask if you see criminals/suspects in the local chat.  If you see a lot of flashing red in the local chat room, you might want to do something else other than mining for a while.   I learn who and what corps are the gankers this way.

3)  If you don't want to lose it, don't fly it.  Or in my case, I farmed up the ISK to get the blueprints and build my own.  Having backup ships is nice.  You have to learn how to asses risks for rewards here.  The smart EvE players learn how to do this.  I'm still learning this part in PvP.

4)  Read the Forums and check out the videos that EvE University made on Youtube.  Tons of info on how to get started on this game is out there. 

Remember EvE Online is a game of perseverance, planning, and patience.  If you don't have that, don't bother playing.....

• kovahkovah Member UncommonPosts: 692
    Originally posted by Broomy

Very happy to see that they reopened the thread, I have no idea why it was closed in the first place.  Someone here probably reported it because they didn't like that the truth was being told. And BTW, TY  Konfess:The truth is not tolerated on this site, either by "fans", moderators, or advertisers.  Present fact, and you get labeled a whiner or a troll.Those who reported the OP only proved his point.  They took out a bounty on him here as well.  And the mod collected on that bounty. ^^That's it in a nutshell as I have learned here in this most recent thread.  BTW to the person that brought up the question of my gender in another thread:http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5903211#5903211I ask, what on EARTH does my gender have to do with anything?  Please come back and explain.  Also explain your resurrection of something I said about MMO players POLICING others or wanting to.  I see no relevance to that post and this current one.Sure one can always walk away if something doesn't work for them...but what does this thread have to do with that topic?  Of course ppl are walking away or avoiding EVE like any other game, if they so choose.  What relevance does that have to do with this thread? Also Bounties have changed in EVE and are totally meaningless.  In fact in my corp they place bounties as a JOKE on each other.    But feel free to place your bounties here, it wont silence me.Cheers!  

Never said your gender had anything to do with anything? Folks were saying "he" and I was attempting to correct them. /shrug

And the purpose of me digging up a month old post of yours was to point out that you told someone else to get over themselves. To deal with it. That there will always be "aholes.". I then followed that with stating that you should heed your own words. Way to ignore that part and bring up gender and something else about policing that I didn't even mention hence the emphasis in said post.

You claim that CCP lies. You are called out. You still stamp your feet and rant. /eyeroll

To use your own words, hun, "get over yourself."

And you also ignored the most important question I posed! Well, can I?!? :p

GL, HF, Fly Safe!
    k
  • BroomyBroomy Member UncommonPosts: 487
    Originally posted by kovah

Very happy to see that they reopened the thread, I have no idea why it was closed in the first place.  Someone here probably reported it because they didn't like that the truth was being told.

And BTW, TY  Konfess:

The truth is not tolerated on this site, either by "fans", moderators, or advertisers.  Present fact, and you get labeled a whiner or a troll.

Those who reported the OP only proved his point.  They took out a bounty on him here as well.  And the mod collected on that bounty.

^^That's it in a nutshell as I have learned here in this most recent thread. 

BTW to the person that brought up the question of my gender in another thread:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5903211#5903211

I ask, what on EARTH does my gender have to do with anything?  Please come back and explain.  Also explain your resurrection of something I said about MMO players POLICING others or wanting to.  I see no relevance to that post and this current one.Sure one can always walk away if something doesn't work for them...but what does this thread have to do with that topic?  Of course ppl are walking away or avoiding EVE like any other game, if they so choose.  What relevance does that have to do with this thread?

Also Bounties have changed in EVE and are totally meaningless.  In fact in my corp they place bounties as a JOKE on each other.    But feel free to place your bounties here, it wont silence me.

Cheers!

Never said your gender had anything to do with anything? Folks were saying "he" and I was attempting to correct them. /shrug And the purpose of me digging up a month old post of yours was to point out that you told someone else to get over themselves. To deal with it. That there will always be "aholes.". I then followed that with stating that you should heed your own words. Way to ignore that part and bring up gender and something else about policing that I didn't even mention hence the emphasis in said post. You claim that CCP lies. You are called out. You still stamp your feet and rant. /eyeroll To use your own words, hun, "get over yourself." And you also ignored the most important question I posed! Well, can I?!? :p GL, HF, Fly Safe! k

Nice try, my gender has NOTHING to do with the price of tea in China, or maybe you choose to bring out the vitrol if you can convince your audience I'm female?  Talk about diversionary tactics!  Very lame.

My post was about EVE online and the illusion of high sec space, and that fact that it is for PVPers, NOT PVEers.  This has nothing to do with "get over myself".  You must have failed socratic argument, because the comparison is again, lame.  

Either try and engage in rational discussion about the topic on hand or leave.  Bringing up old posts and gender are tactics that won't work here.  Have a nice flight.

Current Games: WOW, EVE Online

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576
    Originally posted by Quazal.A

I'm not a new player, but I have always been a "carebear" type, preferring Indy and mining over PVP, staying in High sec space, etc.  Well the "Carebear" archtype was finally revealed to be a lie when I got blown up in high sec recently.  Also got a 3/4 Billion bounty placed on me for stepping into the wrong public chat room and telling a boy gamerz to shove after he told me to suck his you-know-what. 

Just a word of warning to the newbies...there are NO SAFE PLACES in EVE.  High sec is a lie, you can get ganked anywhere, there are pirates with multiple accounts that can gank you, get blown up by Concord and have one of their many alts loot your wreck.  Some jerk could place a bounty on you just for saying something in a chat room that he doesn't like. 

Yep there is no SAFE Security :) except when starting the very first system is bannable if people grief new players, and yes ive seen players banned for doing just that

If you have 750m bounty on your head, why oh why are you not popping your own ass with your alt to collect lol :)

EDIT

For newer players there are ways to stop any form of ganking, just a bit of caution, for instance mining, If someone warps close to you and just sits there, be cautious, if you see a fleet of ship just abot to land already start warping out

If you really paranoid then using an alt to get concord to personally guard you in the belt your mining will put of most of the gankers (all bar the VERY persistent) - if you wish to know how to do this  - Simple, just create dud alt on new account, shoot your hulk in a n00b ship, concord warp in and kill the n--b bingo you have now got a concord guard- This guard will last until they are summoned in that systee again

Ive been in game 7years and only time i got ganked was as a n00b and ive mined with multiple (11) accounts in a 0.5 with no drones

There is something wrong with the fact that the best way to defend against a multi account attack is with a multi account defense...

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907

I'm not a new player, but I have always been a "carebear" type, preferring Indy and mining over PVP, staying in High sec space, etc.  Well the "Carebear" archtype was finally revealed to be a lie when I got blown up in high sec recently.  Also got a 3/4 Billion bounty placed on me for stepping into the wrong public chat room and telling a boy gamerz to shove after he told me to suck his you-know-what. 

Just a word of warning to the newbies...there are NO SAFE PLACES in EVE.  High sec is a lie, you can get ganked anywhere, there are pirates with multiple accounts that can gank you, get blown up by Concord and have one of their many alts loot your wreck.  Some jerk could place a bounty on you just for saying something in a chat room that he doesn't like. 

The idea of high sec is a marketing ploy to get more people to try the game, including the lucrative carebear/casuals that don't like high death penalties in MMOs.  I will repeat, you can get ganked anywhere in EVE.  There are players in the game with dozens of alts, that can do a lot to cause grief for the non-pvp types.    If you like PVP, EVE is for you.  If your a PVER, you may want to avoid it.

Right you are Broomy, right you are.

Anyone here that says otherwise is just trying to encourage new inexperienced Players to try out EvE so the Pierats have more victims. Old strategy but still works like a champ.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Also Bounties have changed in EVE and are totally meaningless.  In fact in my corp they place bounties as a JOKE on each other.    But feel free to place your bounties here, it wont silence me.

Cheers!

Good to see you got more info on the bounties, and great to see your corp is enjoying the new system! People went crazy placing them as soon as the expansion went live. Here's a devblog with some stats if you're interested: http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/74218

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Originally posted by Gardavsshade

The idea of high sec is a marketing ploy to get more people to try the game, including the lucrative carebear/casuals that don't like high death penalties in MMOs.  I will repeat, you can get ganked anywhere in EVE.  There are players in the game with dozens of alts, that can do a lot to cause grief for the non-pvp types.    If you like PVP, EVE is for you.  If your a PVER, you may want to avoid it.

Anyone here that says otherwise is just trying to encourage new inexperienced Players to try out EvE so the Pierats have more victims. Old strategy but still works like a champ.

Just like the fictitious "marketing ploy", I don't think there's been a post here where an EVE player ever told someone anything other than "you can get ganked anywhere." I'd love to see the post where an EVE player said otherwise.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• nennafirnennafir Member UncommonPosts: 313
    Originally posted by Elsabolts
    Originally posted by Hultay

What I can advice from my YEARS of an experience is the EVEs universal rule: 'Dont undock in a stuff you cannot effort to loose'.

But dont get paranoid to the maximum :) Some paranoia is good, makes you watch for signs of traps, gangs and just makes ur survival way higher but dont to the the extreme with it :)

I wish you luck there and dont get discouraged too easly.

Best

Problem is Suicide Ganking in high security areas and Concord not able to respond fast enough. Why would one pay money to be ganked in an area you should not. CCP might want to figure this out at some point because it is costing them the new folks.

EVE is lame.

It is not about skill, but more about time played.

I am continually amazed by the people who like a pvp system based on time played rather than skill.

Too many people are too addicted to their crutches...

• DrakephireDrakephire Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

Just like the fictitious "marketing ploy", I don't think there's been a post here where an EVE player ever told someone anything other than "you can get ganked anywhere." I'd love to see the post where an EVE player said otherwise.

Well, it is always a possibility, but the OP makes it sound like it's a regular occurrence...I think he just got unlucky.  I played EVE for 5 years mining High Sec mostly, occasionally into Medium Sec. Not only had I never been ganked...a never died. Not once. EVE PvPers get mad when I relate this little fact, because they like to think EVE is this big bad place of danger where they cause fear and mayhem.  

Well, I'm here to say not so much. If you know the EVE universe, if you know travel patterns, you can find out of the way places where nobody ever goes. It is that huge. The bonus to this strat is that if you DO see someone warp in on scanner, you simply high tail it out. But you don't see that often at all because Gankers are pretty lazy...they need their fix quick, so they prey along the common routes and more populated areas.

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907

You are correct. Most say the same as this one, but there have been a few posts now and then, expounding EvE's virtues and great PvE gameplay in HiSec , while making sure their suicide alt is ready.

Depending on what you do, it doesn't take much to get the attention of the Pirates, honest and otherwise. If you are for instance a Miner, it only takes a week or two before you get someone telling you that you "need" to buy a "Mining License" or risk attack. There are many other things a Player can do in EvE to draw attention to themselves even if they don't want it.

Broomy was talking about Carebears, and so was I, from being one myself and playing the game for over 4 years, and I can say for a fact that if a Player is a Carebear it is only a matter of time before they become a Target of other Players in EvE. That's just how EvE is. The only real safeguard against this sort of gameplay is to join a 0.0 Corp/Alliance if you can. Then I understand you have a relatively "secure" time playing EvE.

Originally posted by nennafir

It is not about skill, but more about time played.

I am continually amazed by the people who like a pvp system based on time played rather than skill.

Too many people are too addicted to their crutches...

You just described almost every MMO other than EVE.

Level disparity and gear-dependency are the most important factors in combat in most MMOs. In EVE, your applicable skill level in any combat scenario is capped, as the only skills you can use are those that apply to the ship and modules you are using at the time - all others are immaterial. On the gear side of things, most MMOs take you through a horizontal line of gear, with each prev piece becoming useless over time, necessitating having the next higher piece to continue to be effective. In EVE, even in battles waged by entrenched alliances of players who have been around for years, you will often find hundreds of frigates and battlecruisers present. Combine those two, and a character several months old in EVE is on a far more level playing field with a character that is several years old than the same scenario in most other MMOs.

Of all the things that can affect the outcome of battle in EVE, time played is one of the most marginal factors.

Originally posted by Robokapp

Some jerk could place a bounty on you just for saying something in a chat room that he doesn't like. 

step 1)

talk crap to someone.

step 2)

get owned for it.

step 3)

TO THE FORUMS!!

This is why we love EVE. I'm not a ganker, I'm not a pvp'er, I'm not in high-sec, but I am happy to be proud of a game where if you talk crap an can't back it up you get stomped for it.

sorry OP. this is why I love EVE.

LOL, and you automatically assume someone was talking "crap" and resulted in a bounty?  That's the point, you don't have to talk "crap" to get bountied in EVE.  People are placing bounties for kicks.  You love EVE because you love the ILLUSION of some type of karmic "justice" being brought down on smack talkers that "cant back themselves up".  Your completely missing the point of the "meaninglessness" of the current  bounty system.  Lets make a list of the "smack" talkers that have gotten bounties recently:

1. Newbies that ask a question in local are bountied. 

2. A "dumb" question in Help channel can result in a bounty.

3. Not responding favorably to a disgusting joke (as in my case) can result in a bounty.

4. Asking for any type of financial assistance is the biggest bounty getter in the game atm.

In fact theres is a huge smack talker in Mining that has no bounty on him whatsoever.  Sorry man.  You love EVE because you perceive that some kind of justice is meted out to the nonsense talkers.  Quite the opposite, decent players asking innocent (if not maybe a little silly) questions are being bountied non-stop. 

Sorry to break the illusion.

Originally posted by Hultay

I was trying to reply last time your post yeasterday or day before but it was already closed.

I had few final words for new guys in EVE. The safest place is 0.0 space within ur alliance. There you know EXACTLY who is coming due to intel channels and many many other wasy players found a way to prevent bad things from happening (ofcourse here come spying and avoxing but that isnt really a subject to this topic).

Best and Fly safe.

That's  an excellent point.  You are safer in 0.0 because you aren't under the false illusion of high security so your always on yr toes and have intel coming in.  Unfortunately for a new player or carebear High sec miner that may not be an option.  But great point.

LOL, and you automatically assume someone was talking "crap" and resulted in a bounty?  That's the point, you don't have to talk "crap" to get bountied in EVE.  People are placing bounties for kicks.  You love EVE because you love the ILLUSION of some type of karmic "justice" being brought down on smack talkers that "cant back themselves up".  Your completely missing the point of the "meaninglessness" of the current  bounty system.  Lets make a list of the "smack" talkers that have gotten bounties recently:

1. Newbies that ask a question in local are bountied. 

2. A "dumb" question in Help channel can result in a bounty.

3. Not responding favorably to a disgusting joke (as in my case) can result in a bounty.

4. Asking for any type of financial assistance is the biggest bounty getter in the game atm.

In fact theres is a huge smack talker in Mining that has no bounty on him whatsoever.  Sorry man.  You love EVE because you perceive that some kind of justice is meted out to the nonsense talkers.  Quite the opposite, decent players asking innocent (if not maybe a little silly) questions are being bountied non-stop. 

Sorry to break the illusion.

I assure, you, sir that the illusion is intact. There is even a dedicated place for you in it. That's why you can't shatter it...you're inside it.

you want to know where you fit in it ?

it's between two plex scam links in jita local.

even if what you say is true, it still simulates human behavior. we're not very nice when one can't call 911. One looks for safety of large groups, becomes a hermit, takes the whole world on and wins or dies. It's that simple. what steps have you taken to increase your security ? have you affiliated with any defensive corporations or alliances ? have you takens teps to not piss people off ? have you in any way reacted to the dynamics of the game universe ?

if not, friction is not only expected, but I'd be surprised if it didn't happen.

also, begining your reply with LOL earns you a bounty from me. Not because you started your post with LOL but because I instantly dislike you and I want to see you blown up.

LOLOLOL!!!!! I have had a bounty on me for 3 months and no one has "blown" me up for it.  You don't get it, the BOUNTY SYSTEM IS MEANINGLESS as you DO NOT get the bounty but a portion of the amount of the  insured vessel.  So unless you sailing a capital ship blowing up a carebear in illusory high sec wouldn't be worth your vessel getting hit by Concord! 

You just don't get it, but I THANK YOU for proving my point.  See the underlined.  This is EXACTLY what Im talking about. You don't have to talk "crap" to get bountied.  All you have to do is say something someone doesn't like, even if its just LOL!  Point proved, thank you sir!  LOLOLOLOL 

LOLOLOL!!!!! I have had a bounty on me for 3 months and no one has "blown" me up for it.  You don't get it, the BOUNTY SYSTEM IS MEANINGLESS as you DO NOT get the bounty but a portion of the amount of the  insured vessel.  So unless you sailing a capital ship blowing up a carebear in illusory high sec wouldn't be worth your vessel getting hit by Concord! 

You just don't get it, but I THANK YOU for proving my point.  See the underlined.  This is EXACTLY what Im talking about. You don't have to talk "crap" to get bountied.  All you have to do is say something someone doesn't like, even if its just LOL!  Point proved, thank you sir!  LOLOLOLOL 

I passed on bringing it up before, but you almost beg these questions with this post.

If the bounty is meaningless, then why were you so bothered by "some jerk" placing one on you in the first post?

But more importantly, if it's not worth it to try to blow you up in High Sec with an additional bonus of a bounty on your head, then isn't it far less worth it to try to blow you up in High Sec without the bounty?

I passed on bringing it up before, but you almost beg these questions with this post.

If the bounty is meaningless, then why were you so bothered by "some jerk" placing one on you in the first post?

But more importantly, if it's not worth it to try to blow you up in High Sec with an additional bonus of a bounty on your head, then isn't it far less worth it to try to blow you up in High Sec without the bounty?

Your the 2nd person  in this thread to try and unsuccessfully determine my emotions.  And of course you  choose to attempt at making me seem "angry" or "upset"  or something negative to invalidate my original points.  I am not upset, as I also stated the only thing tht can really make anyone "upset" is the loss of SP and clones cover that.  But if you choose to believe I am "upset" that's on you. Nice try. 

My original point stands: EVE develops new player experience to capture PVEers when the game is full on PVP and there are no safe spaces.  They also made bounties meaningless (and also a griefing tactic, case in point proven by the previous poster who claimed he would place a bounty on me because I used "LOL")  and most players totally agree with that statement. 

The convo is getting dull, Ill come back when it livens up.  Cheers!  And don't tear up, I'm sure you will feel better in the morning.  I mean you must be so upset that you keep responding!

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

You are correct. Most say the same as this one, but there have been a few posts now and then, expounding EvE's virtues and great PvE gameplay in HiSec , while making sure their suicide alt is ready.

Depending on what you do, it doesn't take much to get the attention of the Pirates, honest and otherwise. If you are for instance a Miner, it only takes a week or two before you get someone telling you that you "need" to buy a "Mining License" or risk attack. There are many other things a Player can do in EvE to draw attention to themselves even if they don't want it.

Broomy was talking about Carebears, and so was I, from being one myself and playing the game for over 4 years, and I can say for a fact that if a Player is a Carebear it is only a matter of time before they become a Target of other Players in EvE. That's just how EvE is. The only real safeguard against this sort of gameplay is to join a 0.0 Corp/Alliance if you can. Then I understand you have a relatively "secure" time playing EvE.

On average, you are approximately 16 times more likely to lose a ship in 0.0 than you are in hi-sec.

Nevertheless, there seems to be this idea that ship loss risk for some people should be zero. The EVE economy absolutely depends on item destruction and replacement. Can you explain to me why you think certain categories of players ("Carebears") should be allowed to accumulate assets indefinitely and never have to risk losing them?

Additionally, do you think you can answer the question I posed above:

I have used both my main and more often alts to make ISK in hi-sec for nearly 7 years now. I have never been suicide ganked even once. I have some nicely fitted mission ships, and I routinely fly in and out of Jita with valuable items.

And yet I have never been ganked.

Can you explain how this can be? It certainly isn't because people are scared of me or even my alliance.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• Dr_ShivinskiDr_Shivinski Member UncommonPosts: 311
    "I got ganked today and now I'm gonna cry about it on the forums" /thread

Your the 2nd person  in this thread to try and unsuccessfully determine my emotions.  And of course you  choose to attempt at making me seem "angry" or "upset"  or something negative to invalidate my original points.  I am not upset, as I also stated the only thing tht can really make anyone "upset" is the loss of SP and clones cover that.  But if you choose to believe I am "upset" that's on you. Nice try. 

My original point stands: EVE develops new player experience to capture PVEers when the game is full on PVP and there are no safe spaces.  They also made bounties meaningless (and also a griefing tactic, case in point proven by the previous poster who claimed he would place a bounty on me because I used "LOL")  and most players totally agree with that statement. 

The convo is getting dull, Ill come back when it livens up.  Cheers!  And don't tear up, I'm sure you will feel better in the morning.  I mean you must be so upset that you keep responding!

If you didn't mean to seem bothered by the events in your OP, then you did a poor job of writing it.  Before the lock, this thread was interesting and I was more than willing to contribute help and links where I could,  but I agree with you that it has now gotten dull, as this passive aggressive shtick you've been playing since the thread was re-opened is reminiscent of high school and not anything I'm interested in.

And, yes, when you are familiar with a poster's history and writing style, determining tone and intent isn't really difficult.

Hope things work out better for you in your next MMO.

• uplink4242uplink4242 Member UncommonPosts: 258
    Originally posted by tawess

Actually a fair amount of your attitude shines through in the way you type... Also CAPS = shouting (another fact you seem to be unaware of) and why would you be shouting if you were happy and content..?

Any way... I agree it is a lot easier to just pay a gank-corp to take you out then do a bounty but not everyone have those kind of contacts. and thus the bounty system works fine.. you just need to make the incentive big enough. 

Not saying you are wrong.. just that you go about things in a very backwards kind of way.

As for the "marketing" ploy I talked about, EVE has set up the "new player experience" in order to attract new players and provide them with education about the game.  They have pushed that out and made a big deal about it in order to get people acclimated.  What they FAIL to state is that new players can get ganked or killed for thrills anywhere.  So all those stupid pve missions they introduced for new players means squat if they are podded and killed repeatedly while doing them.  

Wrong. Discussed!

• sancher36sancher36 Member UncommonPosts: 458

I love the fact that this game has risk no matter where you are in the game. I wonder if the OP has ever been in a corp war because that is where your not safe no matter where you are, plus adds to the excitement of it all. 

Also if you can't pay to insure your ships then don't fly, simple as that. Plus its not hard to get the isk to cover insurance. 

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283

Um, duh? I thought we all knew that pirates ships run on carebear tears.

In fact this is what all new MMO players should START with EVE. Then all other games will seem easy by comparison.

• sancher36sancher36 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    Originally posted by mCalvert

Um, duh? I thought we all knew that pirates ships run on carebear tears.

In fact this is what all new MMO players should START with EVE. Then all other games will seem easy by comparison.

I would love to pod kill this guy :) 

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    Originally posted by uplink4242

As for the "marketing" ploy I talked about, EVE has set up the "new player experience" in order to attract new players and provide them with education about the game.  They have pushed that out and made a big deal about it in order to get people acclimated.  What they FAIL to state is that new players can get ganked or killed for thrills anywhere.  So all those stupid pve missions they introduced for new players means squat if they are podded and killed repeatedly while doing them.  

Wrong. Discussed!

Broomy

What you are describing is ANY PVP GAME ever!. In any game you get d***wads who will grief lower levels / lower sp (in eve case) however, these are the minority, and will not detract from the enjoyment of the game

In fact going by your whole argument in this thread then eve should of died many many years ago, but unless mistaken it is the ONLY MMO that has been going 5+ years whose population is increasing year on year.

Now i have no idea what your whinge really is, did the naughty man touch your pod? fact is im a 'carebear' but have lived the life of pirate and life of nullsec and in all my times i was ganked once (see previous post in this thread)

The fact is the new player experience is just that its a 1 - 2 day course for the newer players to get hang of the controls etc before going out into the big wide world of EvE its not a bee-all and end-all of how to play eve, CCP HAVE NEVER marketed it as such. 

And they DONT FAIL to point out that new players can be ganked, firstly one of their golden rules is that no player may gank a new player in the starter system, surely by stating this they have shown that you can be ganked, EVERY player who starts EvE accepts their terms and conditions and the rules of the game, This rule is just one, IF YOUR TOO LAZY to read the rules then your the guy at fault not the player who shoots you which is within game mechanics.

Im guessing your idea for a good game is something where no-one can kill you unless you go into a zone with a team of players and shoot each other - Something along lines of the alliance tournement? or is that unfair because the other guys might have more SP? 

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

I'm a high sec player.

I mostly solo play.

I mind my own business.

I've been playing off and on since 2006.

In my time I`ve been a miner, an industrialist, a mission runner, and an explorer.

I'm an alpha carebear.

I`ve had a guy attack my mining ship once a few years ago.  I had enough tank on my ship to survive the encounter.  When I go mining now it`s in a skiff (I understand that I'm distracted so I go with a heavy tank which is an option these days.) and I'm always aligned to the starbase.

I had a player steal from my wreck once trying to get me to attack him - I didn`t and crimewatch solves that these days.

I had a play tell me that I could loot his wrecks in a asteroid belt which he still had rights to - I didn't and the safety switch solves that these days.

I had a player in my mission salvaging my wrecks on me. Salvaging drones solves that these days.

I had a player in my mission competing for kills.  My CNR solves that these days.

I had a player warp into my mission in a cheap frigate, stay long enough to scan my ship, and then warp out; I knew he wouldn't be back due to the fact that I don't have anything on my ship worth going for and if I did I'd warp out and trade out the expensive modules for cheaper ones.

Eve is safer today than ever before.

If you choose a shortcut to meet your goal (an optimum mining vessel or mission runner) you take on risks that you need to accept.