Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] World of WarPlanes: Preparing to Soar Into Release

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

During Wargaming's recent fifteenth anniversary celebration, the team was anxious to talk about the next game to be making the jump from beta to release: World of WarPlanes. We had the opportunity to chat with Anton Sitnikau about WoWP and have this exclusive interview. Check it out and then leave us your thoughts in the comments.

MMORPG: What's been the feedback from your World of Warplanes open beta—or, what's the most significant change you've made in response to it?

Anton Sitnikau: The most significant changes were introduced during the Global Alpha and Closed Beta. Open Beta is more about polishing and fine tuning core game components. It involves no alterations to the game’s main design, but we’re constantly tweaking, testing, and listening to community to make minor improvements. The team is gathering valuable data on player behavior, combat stats, bug reports, and direct feedback on the game. We are also optimizing the underlying game systems to ensure they have enough capacity to support our user base.

Read more of Neilie Johnson's World of WarPlanes: Preparing to Soar Into Release.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• jedi_nightjedi_night Member UncommonPosts: 23
    War thunder is far superior to this. There are more aircraft, much larger maps, the visuals are better, the flight model and controls are better, in game cockpits, and the fact that the tank AND naval game will both be added into the air maps, so the tanks on the ground are real players too, as well as the ships...just to name a few. Save yourself some disappointment and just download war thunder.
  • TorzonborzTorzonborz Member UncommonPosts: 6
    yepp WT much better than this shit.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

Have some delicious leaks:

This is from unconfirmed sources gents so take it with a pinch of salt but those are AA vehicles which means what is assumed ( air and land in the same games) is real.

• MihoshiKMihoshiK Member UncommonPosts: 26
    I have a lot more fun with this than with WT.  Especially the controls are terrible in WT and gameplay is rather boring too there.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by MihoshiK
    I have a lot more fun with this than with WT.  Especially the controls are terrible in WT and gameplay is rather boring too there.

Really? I thought the total opposite... for starters WOWP basically had no joystick support when i tried it last and the mouse and keyboard system sucked compared to WT..

I think Wargaming have dropped the ball on this one they have just been outclassed by the guys behind WT..

• skyzefawlunskyzefawlun Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Originally posted by MihoshiK

I can't quite tell if you're an idiot, or an employee of Wargaming.net. 

WoWp is absolute garbage.  Their engine is so obviously not capable of handling  the speed of flight.  It was some of the most stiff, clunky, and painful flight I've seen in a video game in a long time.  It almost feels as if you're playing some ghetto browser game.  It looks that bad as well.  The "progression" in WoWp is a joke as well.  Not only is almost every single plane in the game some blueprint plane that never even flew, but they're missing almost every major plane you want to see (likely to be added later as premium planes to milk their playerbase of brainwashed idiots)

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

For the most part IMO WT and WoWP are the same game. Plane detail is the same..controls are the same.  The kicker for me is the fact that in War Thunder  you run out of ammo, not permanently, but enough to be a pain in the ass.  The skill system tier system, while easy to understand eventually is a little more "cluttered" for a  lack of a better term.  Wargaming ssystem you can understand at a glance.  Maybe one day the skill tree will look as convoluted as a tank tree in WoT but right now it is a mostly dual straight lines.

In the end I will opt to stick with the system I already know and understand

( I have to admit though, planes ships and tanks all on the same map does sound awesome though)

Edit: To wargaming.net if you need to purchase more posters I am for sale.  Ive been pretty positive so far for free. I will accept payments in gold and or premium time  :)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• PogballPogball Member UncommonPosts: 6

@apocluster lol sucking up to WG here won't get you your gold. you nailed you colours to the wrong flag here =)

@Dihoru thanks for the pics 

• TheOctagonTheOctagon Member UncommonPosts: 411

I find it funny that on this supposedly huge upcoming release thread, there's only 10 posts so far.

That right there speaks volumes about WoWP.

If you want a real flight game, play War Thunder.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    They needed to hire some people who can put flight mechanics into a game.  I was not thrilled with the controls either.  The game really needs joystick support.
  • ManioxManiox Member Posts: 25
    They are pushing this game into release? It should be at least still alpha...

no i

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Pogball

@apocluster lol sucking up to WG here won't get you your gold. you nailed you colours to the wrong flag here =)

Just covering all my bases brah :)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• tfokillswitchtfokillswitch Member Posts: 2
    hes if you want to play with hackers . war thunder is hack  to poop.  googel warthunder hack. there lsot of them. now googel  world of war plane hack and you will find people trying to scam . player to think that there are hack fo rit . but you will not find one working hack or footage of some one using an ami bot like they do  in war thunder.  all the files that matter. to mod damg or to make an aim bot on world of warplanes is on server side  and can not  be gotten to by the players
  • sancher36sancher36 Member UncommonPosts: 458

I have actually been playing both games and to me I think I will stick to wowp. Both games have their good and bad points but I will stay with a company I know that has a proven past. 

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953
    the controls continue to be this games biggest failing IMHO. Unless something major has changed since CB.
  • sancher36sancher36 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    Originally posted by TheCrow2k
    the controls continue to be this games biggest failing IMHO. Unless something major has changed since CB.

You should go play war thunder as the controls are no better 

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Pogball

You're welcome dude :).

• notercnoterc Member Posts: 5

I strongly recommend people who've only tried Warplanes during closed beta to give it another try. Controls have improved a lot and game is actually really fun to play now, which is why I assume they're now ready for release.

In the end Warplanes might not be the most realistic flight sim, but realism doesnt make a game fun to play. Wargaming has proven that before (I'm pretty sure a tank battle IRL would look quite different from what we see in WoT), and they're just about to do it again with Warplanes by releasing a game that is actually enjoyable rather than yet another boring flight sim.

And for the iconic planes missing, I'm sure they will come soon enough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQRwVckQwJU  :) :) :)

• SmintarSmintar Member UncommonPosts: 214

Over all WOWP in its present stage is a real Joke they have no clue as what to do. Only 9 maps could not even release 1 MAP IN the RECENT UPDATE.  Player are really getting discourage with them They do not listen whatever input the payer base provides they do not listen they think that the player is basically stupid. Historically these planes aren't even close

People don't even bother this is piece of junk go play a real  war game in WT it is far superior than WOWP in all aspects.

I have done closed betas and open betas for both games