Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Status Quo of Runescape Crafting/Economy System

BercilakBercilak Albion OnlineMember Posts: 108

I've never played Runescape, but when you read up about it you hear a lot about its economy and crafting systems. And more or less that it is actually good. Can someone tell me a bit what makes it special?

Thanks in advance for your answer. Just curious how the system is/works?

Kr,

Bercilak

Comments

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903

Essentially crafting has turned into a time sink to match quest requirements.   Sure you can craft useful stuff, but by the time you can craft most of the useful things your combat level will be far above it.   There are only a few exceptions with expendables, but even in those cases the economy is so skewed from other people(MMO aspect) matching quest-requirements/goals/achievements/e-peen that you're better off just buying those from drops you get(unless you want the levels for something).

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• petrolsmellpetrolsmell Member Posts: 16

Sadly, I agree with the upper poster. Items generally do not degrade and don't damage/dissapear after death so market is overflooded. Basically you are losing gold if you craft your raw items most likely as people are hell-bent on buying their raw stuff and maximizing XP gains.

Raw item collecting is done with macro bots, so there's not much earning there either.

Was discussed years ago that runescape should have more item sinks/degradable items, sadly it wasn't implemented and now the economy is in hell.