Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] General: Anticipating The Sims 4

2»

Comments

• FyendiarFyendiar Member UncommonPosts: 250

Considering they are going with a bit more cartoony style I am hoping for more silliness like for instance if I make a sims with the traits clumpsy, firebreather and unlucky he could get the hickups and set his whole house on fire! Basicly if they go silly I am hoping it will be kinda like what Saints Row has become compared to Grand Theft Auto.

Most of all I am hoping for a few things: better programming so expansion packs don't slow the game down, better pathing so the sims could for example slide past eachother through the same door at the same time instead of tapping their feet if another sim comes even close to their path, I want the game to be far more social, not multiplayer social, but the sims with eachother! I want the kid to react and be happy again when her daddy comes home, kids to be able to play with toddlers, families eating together or hating eachother depending on how good or evil I as player feel. I want rabbit holes gone, dates actually being dates instead of them go each their own way if you don't micromanage the event. People getting into and out of cars again, etc, ect, ect. Heck I could go on for hours.

Each version of the Sims did so much good and so much bad that I would even be happy if they combined all the good and threw out the bad, even if they didn't bring anything new to the table.

Can't wait till it comes out myself. and preparing myself for a disappointment, but hoping for the best. :)

• MetalPuppetMetalPuppet Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Still playing Sims 2.  I can't afford the constant grabs for my wallet.  Thankfully I didn't fall for the SimCity rip off.
  • RheanonRheanon Member UncommonPosts: 130
    I played Sim3 and went back to Sims2.  I think it is the best version so far.  All the Sims2 expansions were good so here I am, playing it again while I wait for EQNext :)
  • crashdxcrashdx Member Posts: 53

Yep!

Love the Sims series, don't really understand all the hate...actually I do. I understand that anything popular will bring fourth a lot of hate.

But it is one of the only games I've been playing consistently since release. People talk about the expansionpacks as if they are nickle and diming but I have all of the xpacs except the latest one...they add A lot to the game. So far there are still so many features I have yet to get into. Dog breeding for example, witch craft, werewolves, most of the supernatural stuff. Nectar collecting...just some other stuff I've yet to get my sims into. It's the same as any MMO big patch or xpac, it adds to the game and if people are willing to pay for it what is the deal?

The modding community for the sims is awesome too, love the story progression mods.

• cylon8cylon8 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    the sims have lacked any originality since sims2. The new games always have clone expansions and its stuff that should be in the core game....pets weather, nightclubs.  The should have gone a full successor to the sims online incorporating elements of sims city with the sims online and really making it cool, but it would get dumbed down and ruined due to maxis keeping it rated teen.

so say we all

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

I think EA should know, by now, how sick players are of their continued antics.

How are they managing to keep a market share up? The 1 player in 100 that mules so much  money into their DLC?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• odiasudaodiasuda Member UncommonPosts: 162
    You don't know much about the actual game beyond its title and somehow that's supposed to ratchet up our anticipation for the game?
  • crashdxcrashdx Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by cylon8
    the sims have lacked any originality since sims2. The new games always have clone expansions and its stuff that should be in the core game....pets weather, nightclubs.  The should have gone a full successor to the sims online incorporating elements of sims city with the sims online and really making it cool, but it would get dumbed down and ruined due to maxis keeping it rated teen.

At the same time if they just throw in pets, weather, or nightclubs people would be pretty upset. Instead they really worked on pets, making them breedables, adding new pets, etc etc. Instead with weather they added holidays and such. With nightclubs they added vampires, downtown, the ability to make a band, and a celebrity system, also a interactive career with mixology.

Also, they tried Sims Online. That's not what their playerbase wants. So much so that during their reveal they had to make it a point that the game wouldn't be online. People who play simulation games aren't really all that insterested in playing online, we already saw that backlash with Simcity.

They also have gone pretty out there for some EPs, I mean they have a time traveling EP coming out, have had a EP based on the supernatural, a EP based on tomb raiding, a EP where you can go underwater, so it's not like they haven't tried anything new. The thing is when they go from Sims 3 to 4 that should mean a pretty large leap and that should mean they have to actually re-do this stuff again. They can't stuff all that stuff again into a new game the same reason a MMO can't start out with as much content as WoW can.

• GatlanGatlan Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Originally posted by Icewhite

I think EA should know, by now, how sick players are of their continued antics.

How are they managing to keep a market share up? The 1 player in 100 that mules so much  money into their DLC?

Idk, I think these things probably sell like crazy.  I know a few people that don't play games usually but have picked up the Sims.  And if you go into any Walmart or Target like stores a full 50% of their PC games are the SIms and expansions.  If people were really sick of it they wouldn't be pushing out an expansion every few months.

• AstrinaAstrina Member UncommonPosts: 46

I love the Sims, but I am not fond of EA. They have spent years swallowing up some of the industries best games and then dumping them in some abyss for storage, never to see the light of day again. Countless Sim "style" games have been ruined by their business ethics.  I really wish they would sell those poor old dusty games to other developers and let them live again. The concepts were amazing, but now...gone. All because of EA.

I am still a HUGE fan of simulation games, all styles and types. I won't pass by a new Sims, I just can't...even if I really don't like EA. I truly hope they don't make the mess they did with the latest SimCity.

I don't mind an online element, as long as it's NOT required. A choice would be awesome though and the ability to function in and around other players could be fun too...IF and that's a big IF...they do it right.

When it comes right down to it, there are plenty of players that like to build and craft and work with Sim style games (minecraft is a great example). The issue is NOT the amount of players, it's the games themselves. They make a mess on delivery and then toss the game as a fail stating they just didnt have enough players. Scuse me, but nobody likes to pay for garbage...and once you try to play through it, the desire to play once it's fixed...really dwindles.

For once...just do it right the FIRST time. So players love the game from the MOMENT they play. So tired of being hyped for a game to just see it turn into a pile of poo on launch day.

• BMBenderBMBender Member UncommonPosts: 827
    TBH after S3 and darkspore I'll pass.  S4 could be the 2nd coming of gaming and I still wouldn't cross the street to piss on it if it was on fire.