Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The most realistic looking MMORPG of all time!

Comments

• BMBenderBMBender Member UncommonPosts: 827
    Originally posted by BMBender
    me /snip

to finish that thought the only time "mechanics" become a "permanent feature" of a game is when it goes into maintenance mode and there's only one neck beard who shows up to the game server once every 2 weeks to do routine maintenance.

• Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782

Actually I was talking about the ascetics graphics present: pleasing, indifferent, displeasing, actively loathe if you actually read em.  And no it doesn't change anything there actually IS a pretty big difference.   You can have a graphically well done "cartoon" or' "realistic model" that can still be pleasing or actively revolting while in it self remaining well designed.

hmm let me try this as an example:

Have you or do you know anyone who spent hours/days in a character creator/editor, tailor, or spent 1/2 a day just dyeing crap?  All those mechanics are SPECIFICLLY designed to appeal to certain types of personalities. 

Another pretty much the ENTIRE simulation genre revolves around people who want both ascetically pleasing(in the case of simulations accurate (usually{but not always} = pleasing) and mechanically sound content.

I realize that the mmo genre as a whole has entered a period of mediocrity either in ascetics; everyone does big shoulders, bright colors, physically improbable proportions these days, one game often looks like another; or mechanically tepid; oh you wanted an endgame? sorry we don't have the voice overs for it.  But that does not mean I have to settle, there are more than enough games out there who want my $ by offering both.  If that means I never buy/play another subpar mmo? /shrugs can't say I'm really concerned.  It's not like there aren't already a dozen or more already out  there just like it, no matter how "new and unique it is"

If it sounds like I set the bar higher for mmos it's because I do.  They ask for a higher price point, that's my criteria for what they are asking.

If nothing else my habits certainly guarded me well from investing anything in the TORtanic, Failhammer, ect those games were never on my radar.

EDIT:  Ack and completely forget my last point

the reason my 1st pas/fail point on a prospective game is how I find it ascetically:  That's the ONE THING IN THE ENTIRE GAME THAT  WILL ALWAYS BE THERE UNCHANGED love/hate or indifferent it aint going away.

Mechanics on the other hand are a dime a dozen at launch, give it 6mo. 5-10% of em will be in "revision"  1 yr 1/2 the game functions differently to one degree or anther.  5yr?  I don't think there is a single mmo ever that has even one single mechanic. that stayed completely untouched.

Ok, I understand what you mean. However, I still don't see how that could be used as an only factor. I know a lot of people who will not watch anime specifically because it's anime, a cartoon and they do not like how it looks. However, I always question what about the stories? However, everyone always acts stubborn and says they will never watch it simply because they don't like how it looks.

Sorry but that is borderline stupid to me and makes no sense at all. It be different if that was all it was about, but that isn't even remotely the case. You pretty much are ignoring every other factor just because you dislike 1. When you judge something, I try to consider all factors and never stop based on my preference of how something looks, because looks can be very deceiving.

I can't tell you how many times, I didn't watch an anime because it looked retarded. Then I get recommended to watch it. Eventually I decide to give it a shot, and find out it's actually pretty darn good. After this happened so many times, I learned not to do that anymore. No matter how stupid something looks to me, doesn't mean it is.

I did that with Minecraft as well. Now I play it all the time lol, and admitted that it's actually a pretty darn good game. Even though I hate the aesthetics of it. But I was easily able to get passed it after giving it some time.

Originally posted by Brabbit1987

Actually I was talking about the ascetics graphics present: pleasing, indifferent, displeasing, actively loathe if you actually read em.  And no it doesn't change anything there actually IS a pretty big difference.   You can have a graphically well done "cartoon" or' "realistic model" that can still be pleasing or actively revolting while in it self remaining well designed.

Have you or do you know anyone who spent hours/days in a character creator/editor, tailor, or spent 1/2 a day just dyeing crap?  All those mechanics are SPECIFICLLY designed to appeal to certain types of personalities. 

Another pretty much the ENTIRE simulation genre revolves around people who want both ascetically pleasing(in the case of simulations accurate (usually{but not always} = pleasing) and mechanically sound content.

I realize that the mmo genre as a whole has entered a period of mediocrity either in ascetics; everyone does big shoulders, bright colors, physically improbable proportions these days, one game often looks like another; or mechanically tepid; oh you wanted an endgame? sorry we don't have the voice overs for it.  But that does not mean I have to settle, there are more than enough games out there who want my $ by offering both.  If that means I never buy/play another subpar mmo? /shrugs can't say I'm really concerned.  It's not like there aren't already a dozen or more already out  there just like it, no matter how "new and unique it is"

If it sounds like I set the bar higher for mmos it's because I do.  They ask for a higher price point, that's my criteria for what they are asking.

If nothing else my habits certainly guarded me well from investing anything in the TORtanic, Failhammer, ect those games were never on my radar.

the reason my 1st pas/fail point on a prospective game is how I find it ascetically:  That's the ONE THING IN THE ENTIRE GAME THAT  WILL ALWAYS BE THERE UNCHANGED love/hate or indifferent it aint going away.

Mechanics on the other hand are a dime a dozen at launch, give it 6mo. 5-10% of em will be in "revision"  1 yr 1/2 the game functions differently to one degree or anther.  5yr?  I don't think there is a single mmo ever that has even one single mechanic. that stayed completely untouched.

Ok, I understand what you mean. However, I still don't see how that could be used as an only factor. I know a lot of people who will not watch anime specifically because it's anime, a cartoon and they do not like how it looks. However, I always question what about the stories? However, everyone always acts stubborn and says they will never watch it simply because they don't like how it looks.

Sorry but that is borderline stupid to me and makes no sense at all. It be different if that was all it was about, but that isn't even remotely the case. You pretty much are ignoring every other factor just because you dislike 1. When U judge something, I try to consider all factors and never stop based on my preference of how something looks, because looks can be very deceiving.

I can't tell you how many times, I didn't watch an anime because it looked retarded. Then I get recommended to watch it. Eventually I decide to give it a shot, and find out it's actually pretty darn good. After this happened so many times, I learned not to do that anymore. No matter how stupid something looks to me, doesn't mean it is.

I did that with Minecraft as well. Now I play it all the time lol, and admited that it's actually a pretty darn good game. Even though I hate the asthetics of it. But I was easily able to get passed it after giving it some time.

I did not say ONLY  I SAID FIRST sigh you honestly think any moron would only have one criteria for an mmo? you have to prioritize the list somehow and the 1st hurdle to sell me your crap game is to get me interested in how it looks.  Then we'll talk about how it feels, then playing.  If you don't agree with my priorities that's cool, you don't buy my games either.

Fine I'm sorry I don't date ugly chicks either(sober) but looks matter to me, sue me.

Me I tried watching Anime( it was the alternative to CNN and/orNBC at the squadron) several different artists, flavors, and story lines.  I ended up watching CNN.  I'm not saying cartoons are BAD,  i'm saying I DISLIKE them ENOUGH that they ARE AN ACTIVE DETRACTOR to the game for me.  Hell I never got into the Simpsons or B&B either(sober)  Next I guess it'll be my fault I prefer the color Cyan over Maroon as well or blue over green.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by MindTrigger

The stylized graphics in EQNext allow for the constructable / destructable world, among other things.  I'll take those new features over the same ancient themepark crap from the likes of ESO any day.

Not me. EQN is wandering way to far from the rpg genre and crossing over.  IMHO computers took board games and transferred them into a more user friendly environment. At it's foundation is role playing. Being able to tear the ground up to move to another level, or discover something is way beyond the realm of what I consider an immersive world. 

Give me the old EQ and/or the new ESO, over EQN for a true fantasy game any day. If I want spinning warriors tearing up buildings I will simply play my son's Skylanders with him.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• LeGrosGamerLeGrosGamer Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Again with the graphics, yes yes they are amazing.  As long as the game play is nice and the game doesn't take 20 hours to complete, I'll be a happy camper.   If graphics made a MMO, WoW would of been dead 5 years ago. So PLEASE MTV, errr, I mean MMORPG.COM, stop with the graphics!  
  • meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    Originally posted by Arakazi
    Why is TES still listed on MMORPG.com if it's simply a multi player game?

Because this site hasn't gotten around to changing their name to MMO.com.

There is no such thing as an MMORPG any longer. That genre died around 2003-2004.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by LeGrosGamer
    Again with the graphics, yes yes they are amazing.  As long as the game play is nice and the game doesn't take 20 hours to complete, I'll be a happy camper.   If graphics made a MMO, WoW would of been dead 5 years ago. So PLEASE MTV, errr, I mean MMORPG.COM, stop with the graphics!  

Are they? or were those CGI's that were supposed to be from game play but are artist generated. The videos I have seen look horrible, so far, but I will hold my judgment until I can see the game up close and personal.

• DeathWolf2uDeathWolf2u Member Posts: 291
    I'm going to play both and the one I have the most fun in will be the one I stick with. That or until I get burned out on one then will go back to the other.  Then there is always the chance I'll be playing a new game that launches then I won't be playing either one.

Lol, besides talking about "mechanics" in regards to an mmo is a joke to begin with.  Even the most 1/2 sed simulator(any type) is more "mechanically" mature robust and stable than any of the modern AAA mmo's.   Most people think group finder is a mechanic for **** sake.  Once upon a time mmo's innovated and created entirely new types and ways to play.   Now they just get kicked in the jimmy by the market if they try.   The few who even bother anymore only go 1/2 way and already have the build ready to go to modify/replace the "new innovation" when the inevitable backlash hits.  And there WILL be a backlash, always is now that mmo's try to grab too much market share among customers who have completely differing preferences.  PVE/PVP   SOLO/GROUP    CRAFT/SCREW CRAFTING      LOVE ALTING/HATE ALTING      RAIDERS/SMALL GROUPERS      OCD ORGANIZERS/NERVER CAN FIND ANYTHINGERS       ROLEPLAYERS/GRIEFERS      SELF   RELIANT/NEED A QUEST TRACKER       VOICE ACTING/SHE SOUNDS GAY       GROUP VOICE/SHUTUP       CARTOONISH ART/REALISTIC ART  LIVES WITH MOM/OWNS A SMALL BUISNESS       WANTS A GROUPFINDER/WILL SHOOT THE DEV IF PUTS IN GROUP FINDER     NEEDS MORE REALISIM/NEEDS LESS REALISM   TRUE ECONOMIC FREEDOM/I"M BEING OPPRESSED

there is no way in hell as the target audience for mmo's expands that "mechanics" will ever be more than a rubber stamp ready to be replaced.  simply put if it's simple enough and neutral enough to make it through the ringer of the disparate target audience iit will also be boring.

When someone picks a demographic and sticks with it call me

I think the last mmo that was unafraid to be niche was EVE?  Too bad I'm not their demographic  But kudos to CCP for having a pair.  Along with being the only mmo that still has an upward population trend.

Sorry but that is borderline stupid to me and makes no sense at all. It be different if that was all it was about, but that isn't even remotely the case. You pretty much are ignoring every other factor just because you dislike 1. When U judge something, I try to consider all factors and never stop based on my preference of how something looks, because looks can be very deceiving.

I did that with Minecraft as well. Now I play it all the time lol, and admited that it's actually a pretty darn good game. Even though I hate the asthetics of it. But I was easily able to get passed it after giving it some time.

I did not say ONLY  I SAID FIRST sigh you honestly think any moron would only have one criteria for an mmo? you have to prioritize the list somehow and the 1st hurdle to sell me your crap game is to get me interested in how it looks.  Then we'll talk about how it feels, then playing.  If you don't agree with my priorities that's cool, you don't buy my games either.

Fine I'm sorry I don't date ugly chicks either(sober) but looks matter to me, sue me.

Me I tried watching Anime( it was the alternative to CNN and/orNBC at the squadron) several different artists, flavors, and story lines.  I ended up watching CNN.  I'm not saying cartoons are BAD,  i'm saying I DISLIKE them ENOUGH that they ARE AN ACTIVE DETRACTOR to the game for me.  Hell I never got into the Simpsons or B&B either(sober)  Next I guess it'll be my fault I prefer the color Cyan over Maroon as well or blue over green.

Yes it's all your fault >.>, how dare you like Cyan over Maroon! lol, I am kidding of course.

But yep, I get what you mean now I suppose. When you put it that way, I think just about everyones first hurdle is looks since that is the first thing anyone ever tends to be able to judge before release. See I thought you where saying if the looks are not up to par, you don't even bother looking at anything else after that.

Yes it's all your fault >.>, how dare you like Cyan over Maroon! lol, I am kidding of course.

But yep, I get what you mean now I suppose. When you put it that way, I think just about everyones first hurdle is looks since that is the first thing anyone ever tends to be able to judge before release. See I thought you where saying if the looks are not up to par, you don't even bother looking at anything else after that.

Depends how bad she looks and how much I've had or do you mean the game?

Seriously though these days no that's about it.  If I feel it looks like crap I probably won't give it a second look.  Welcome to a flooded market where every 2 bit developer and publisher ;  reviewer and gaming rag has overhyped their smelly crap to the point that the only objective criteria is how it looks.   Any POS dev/pub/market dept can tell me we're making the most involved and innovative mechanics since the On?oFF button.  That and a dollar might get me a cup of coffee.  The market is so flooded with crap it's simply not worth my time to dig through it to find something that MIGHT be passable.  If you couldn't grab me the first time sorry and thanks for playing.

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

Game looks good, but doesn't entice everyone.  On the other hand EQN features looking amazing, but the games art style looks like total shit.  The character models look horrendous at best.  Hopefully it looks better that it has been showcases thus far, because it is just plain bad looking.

Part of the reason is because EQ has always been more of a realistic looking game.  So to introduce this style just does not sit well.

Originally posted by kilun

Game looks good, but doesn't entice everyone.  On the other hand EQN features looking amazing, but the games art style looks like total shit.  The character models look horrendous at best.  Hopefully it looks better that it has been showcases thus far, because it is just plain bad looking.

Part of the reason is because EQ has always been more of a realistic looking game.  So to introduce this style just does not sit well.

yea this is why I spend most of my time in simulators and quality offline games these days.  I think the last mmo I actually got excited about was LOTRO due to the license?  The last one I actually followed the development on?  Don't even remember.  The whole genre makes me want to yawn.

The whole genre makes me want to yawn.

+1

Seriously though these days no that's about it.  If I feel it looks like crap I probably won't give it a second look.  Welcome to a flooded market where every 2 bit developer and publisher ;  reviewer and gaming rag has overhyped their smelly crap to the point that the only objective criteria is how it looks.   Any POS dev/pub/market dept can tell me we're making the most involved and innovative mechanics since the On?oFF button.  That and a dollar might get me a cup of coffee.  The market is so flooded with crap it's simply not worth my time to dig through it to find something that MIGHT be passable.  If you couldn't grab me the first time sorry and thanks for playing.

lol not talking about girls XD, talking about the games.

I understand what you mean, I don't mind searching . As I said, you sometimes find a gem.

Here is the thing I do not understand though. EQN graphics are not THAT bad. Sure I can understand one may not like how it looks, but I don't understand how you could just look passed everything else.

The ideas they brought to the table are really interesting, and I really do not get why it doesn't at least peak your interest. The only real question is if they can actually pull off everything they said. I am a bit of a skeptic in that area, but I certainly do not discount everything about a game simply because the looks or graphics are crap in my eyes.

The reason I say this is because, while you talked about how you are stuck with the looks of the game, I do have to point out that the mechanics are the most important part either way. The graphics or looks isn't what makes the game fun to play. Really the graphics and looks of a game should be on the back burner when it comes to actually judging a game. It's so unimportant really when it comes to the purpose of what a video game is.

The looks and graphics are the easiest to judge, I realize that, but it's really a very poor way to do it because you can very easily skip over a great game that way. This could also easily give you a false sense of the current quality of video games.

I will always fall back on the example of Minecraft. Not the best when it comes to looks, but the gameplay is great. Though I have a feeling you never played it. Either that, or maybe not interested in the gameplay itself.

If you do like minecraft, then that really confuses me even more since it wouldn't follow your standards. Though I suppose it could be a case by case thing.

lol not talking about girls XD, talking about the games.

I understand what you mean, I don't mind searching . As I said, you sometimes find a gem.

Here is the thing I do not understand though. EQN graphics are not THAT bad. Sure I can understand one may not like how it looks, but I don't understand how you could just look passed everything else.

The ideas they brought to the table are really interesting, and I really do not get why it doesn't at least peak your interest. The only real question is if they can actually pull off everything they said. I am a bit of a skeptic in that area, but I certainly do not discount everything about a game simply because the looks or graphics are crap in my eyes.

The reason I say this is because, while you talked about how you are stuck with the looks of the game, I do have to point out that the mechanics are the most important part either way. The graphics or looks isn't what makes the game fun to play. Really the graphics and looks of a game should be on the back burner when it comes to actually judging a game. It's so unimportant really when it comes to the purpose of what a video game is.

The looks and graphics are the easiest to judge, I realize that, but it's really a very poor way to do it because you can very easily skip over a great game that way. This could also easily give you a false sense of the current quality of video games.

I will always fall back on the example of Minecraft. Not the best when it comes to looks, but the gameplay is great. Though I have a feeling you never played it. Either that, or maybe not interested in the gameplay itself.

If you do like minecraft, then that really confuses me even more since it wouldn't follow your standards. Though I suppose it could be a case by case thing.

yea but you also downplay the fact that ALL mechanics are subject to change, usually quite often.  As time goes on the game begins to play significantly different than at launch.  By the 5th year you could call it another name entirely and no one would raise an eyebrow except a few "LORE PUREISTS".  The larger the target audience the quicker whatever mechanic has everyone so hot and bothered will change.                          It                       happens                               every                           single                       game.    It's so regular you could set your watch by it.

Gameply.  I prefer realistic sims (too bad EVE doesn't req a joystick)                     mmo developers gave  up on targeting demographics years ago, there is no more niche.   And as long as they keep chasing EVERYBODY down and trying to cater

COMPLETELY DISSIMILAR market makeup  at  the  same time.  They will please NOBODY ALL THE TIME and NONE         ALL THE TIME.         And they are all doing this while the entire market shrinks as more people throw their 2 bit game into an increasingly marginal market.

How a game looks (and by that I mean the ascetic ambience) is the only thing that holds the storyline, objectives desired of "mechanics", conceptual theme, and common reference point together long enough to actually survive healthily the transfer from creation dev team to live team...2nd team.....3rd team(most mmos are footnotes by this point)  ect ect.  It is the only constant.   Even developers intent changes.

me /snip
    yada yada yada words words

Some of the people some of the time nobody all the time

I was tired

me /snip

I was tired

Did you put together this masterpiece of thought and word all by yourself or did you have help?

Originally posted by grimgryphon
    me /snip

I was tired

Did you put together this masterpiece of thought and word all by yourself or did you have help?

JD & Coke

me /snip

I was tired

JD & Coke

I totally believe you. :-)

me /snip

I was tired

JD & Coke

Well it was better than the Nobody all the time None of the time.  I gave myself a headache with that one.  Then the whole editing debacle I think most of the words are more or less where they were.  So I just /sniped the correction into a new post.....I do beilive it's last call.

me /snip

I was tired

JD & Coke

Well it was better than the Nobody all the time None of the time.  I gave myself a headache with that one.  Then the whole editing debacle I think most of the words are more or less where they were.  So I just /sniped the correction into a new post.....I do beilive it's last call.

+1 :-)

yea but you also downplay the fact that ALL mechanics are subject to change, usually quite often.  As time goes on the game begins to play significantly different than at launch.  By the 5th year you could call it another name entirely and no one would raise an eyebrow except a few "LORE PUREISTS".  The larger the target audience the quicker whatever mechanic has everyone so hot and bothered will change.                          It                       happens                               every                           single                       game.    It's so regular you could set your watch by it.

Gameply.  I prefer realistic sims (too bad EVE doesn't req a joystick)                     mmo developers gave  up on targeting demographics years ago, there is no more niche.   And as long as they keep chasing EVERYBODY down and trying to cater

COMPLETELY DISSIMILAR market makeup  at  the  same time.  They will please NOBODY ALL THE TIME and NONE         ALL THE TIME.         And they are all doing this while the entire market shrinks as more people throw their 2 bit game into an increasingly marginal market.

How a game looks (and by that I mean the ascetic ambience) is the only thing that holds the storyline, objectives desired of "mechanics", conceptual theme, and common reference point together long enough to actually survive healthily the transfer from creation dev team to live team...2nd team.....3rd team(most mmos are footnotes by this point)  ect ect.  It is the only constant.   Even developers intent changes.

I don't down play the fact that mechanics change, it just simply isn't a factor. An mmos mechanics 5 years from now has nothing to do with my judgement of the game when it was first released. All that matters is what it is at the current point in time when you are taking a look at it. We can make assumptions all day long on what it might be, or will be or what not, but that will not always come true. Again it's simply a non factor.

If the game is interesting, you will come back to look at any new mechanics that are added. If the initial mechanics where not good enough, chances are you will forget the game altogether. This means I still find the mechanics are the most important part either way.

Your last paragraph, is not true. Game looks have nothing to do with holding a story together. When a person reads a book do you think they picture the same thing as another person who read it? Both people can picture entirely different idea and art styles for a scene in a book and it will work no matter what. This is why books work well with or with out pictures. Now on the other hand, if your talking about setting, that would be true. However, that has very little to do with the art style. You can have the same setting in cartoon or realistic form and it really wouldn't make any difference at all to the setting or story itself.

The looks have nothing to do with objectives desired of mechanics. No matter the art style or looks, really doesn't effect this. Not sure how you came up with that. Unless I am misunderstanding what you mean.

Conceptual theme does play a large part in looks, but that really doesn't say much. I mean it's pretty obvious the game looks need to be related to it's theme. That is like not even worth mentioning as it didn't really add anything to your point.

As for common reference point ... I really have no idea what this has to do with looks. I mean what common reference point are we even talking about? I am a afraid you will have to be a lot more specific on this point as that can mean so many different things. 

• uggeh12uggeh12 Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Originally posted by fistorm

Its 2013, and unbeleivable graphics have came out.  Bethesda and Zenimax have taken hold of these amazing capablities and made us an online game with them.  Elder Scrolls Online.  After seeing what EQ Next will look like, and its gameworld looking like last years Guildwars 2 gameworld in graphics,  there will be no one in the way to make this the most realistic MMORPG of the year, and in fact, all time.   I hope and have no doubt we will see more MMORPG's start to follow this amazing graphic outlook to push these games to look even more real and enjoyable.   Just wanted to say Thankyou ESO!

ESO Screenshot

Eq Next Screenshot

There seems to be a lot of confusion about the difference between art style vs graphics in this thread.

People seem to get a real hard-on when you show them a screenshot with shiny armor and sun shining through trees, but other than that the ESO screenshot doesn't offer much that hasn't been done in other games graphically.

The EQ:N screenshot seems underwhelming at first glance until you start to notice the subtleties: the smokey haze in the cavern that masks the detail in the background, the heat distortion, the burning embers floating around and the burnt out embers falling to the ground as ash.

Also the two screen shots provided by the OP are two completely different environments, so lets compare similar enviroments:

EQ:N Forest Screen:

ESO Lava Lands:

EQ:N Lava:

So the EQ:N forest has the same rays of sun shining through the trees but more than that is the feeling of actually being in a forest: The haze of humidity and the sun cutting through the haze, the sunlight being tinted green as it passes through the canopy of the trees, the open area beyond the forest being washed out by the sudden brightness of full sunlight, the light illuminating the tops of trees making them appear to be a brighter green than the underside of the trees.

The ESO lava really seems bland in comparison(specifically the lava flow coming down the hill which looks like something you would see in WoW) to the EQ:N lava since the only real effect it seems to have on the evironment is an unrealistic glow. On the other hand the EQ:N screen shows the same subtleties I already mentioned: heat distortion, embers both burning and burnt-out and the smokey haze.

Really it comes down to a difference of art style and clearly EQ:N has the superior graphics. As a PS2 player I can confidently state that the Forgelight Engine can be absolutely beautiful and as EQ:N continues to be polished it will absolutely blow ESO away graphically. So please don't confuse art style and graphics as they are two completely different entities.

• kingotnwkingotnw Member UncommonPosts: 103

The EQN screen shot looks far more appealing to me anyways. I like exaggerated features in gaming. If I want things to look like the do in real life, all I need to do is look around me.

Though the OP's point is well taken, and approaching true. ESO does have good graphics. It's just too bad that everything else about the game is simply your standard every day ordinary MMORPG. I loved the ESO single player games and really wanted to like this game, but nothing I have seen or heard about does anything at all for me. It's my loss though. I envy people who are so into this game and wish I felt the same way.