Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The most realistic looking MMORPG of all time!

Comments

• Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by OfficialFlow
    Originally posted by fistorm

Its 2013, and unbeleivable graphics have came out.  Bethesda and Zenimax have taken hold of these amazing capablities and made us an online game with them.  Elder Scrolls Online.  After seeing what EQ Next will look like, and its gameworld looking like last years Guildwars 2 gameworld in graphics,  there will be no one in the way to make this the most realistic MMORPG of the year, and in fact, all time.   I hope and have no doubt we will see more MMORPG's start to follow this amazing graphic outlook to push these games to look even more real and enjoyable.   Just wanted to say Thankyou ESO!

ESO Screenshot

Eq Next Screenshot

ugly piece of Sh*t looks outdated already while Eqn does not, that alone is a reason enough to stay away from games that try to replicate reality. if you turn to games in your search for realism how about you go out of your house for a change?

YES I DARE SAY THAT MAKING GAMES IS AN ART FORM,

more like... why do i even bother commenting on these stupid threads?

its not like my opinion has any effect on these boneheads

o.o ugly? ...

X3 It looks perfectly fine to me. Both games look good. I think the ones who argue which is better are the boneheads. It's a stupid argument.

• BMBenderBMBender Member UncommonPosts: 827
    Originally posted by Graey
    Originally posted by MindTrigger

You sound like a used car salesmen in a $50 suit.

The stylized graphics in EQNext allow for the constructable / destructable world, among other things.  I'll take those new features over the same ancient themepark crap from the likes of ESO any day.

I applaud you man, but you are talking to a brick wall. Not sure what is up with people but this whole EQ thing is being blown out of proportion. The OP is not listening to you, instead like a lot of people they are flaming the game and hyping another game which both are wrong btw since neither are out at the moment. I never see anyone whose views change actually come to this damn forum and type that they were wrong. This site isn't even used for discussion anymore but just gossip, and cantankerous moods over the tiniest of things.

How can you seriously be angry that they chose that graphics style OP, when you see all the other things that are being implemented as well...I mean seriously. If EQ did not change anything and just used say the graphics of Elder scrolls I wonder how many people would be okay with that. I just don't get it any more, its no longer about the wonder and amazement of gaming its just how much you can berate the next game and hype the next one after ad infinum.

Man sometimes I really hate this hobby.

Let me see if I can make how I feel about graphics/mechanics balance on an unreleased/un-played game a little more clear.

You know already about what the graphics in eather game looks like more or less; love, hate, indifferent easy to assign a value for either game.

all the great better than sliced bread save the world mechanics are great, however we don't know if they work well in synergy with game/players yet.  Little bit of guesswork on that one. 

I've heard a lot of dev/pub houses with help from marketing depts talk up a great game about mechanics only to get in game and see little more than epic fail.  Graphics are somewhat harder to mask, much easier to to at least make a basic valuation.

And why someone might go with a better looking game(to them) than one with somewhat better mechanics?  You gotta see  graphics all the time and if they bug you enough personally; best mechanics in the world won't help.  most mechanics are not in your face from the second you start the client till the moment you log off.  A mechanic that bugs you is somewhat easier to ignore.

EDIT: For me personally the mechanics would have to be the 2nd coming of gaming to keep me playing in a game with graphics I absolutely detest

cartoons...bleh.

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416

Realistic graphics have a time and place where they truly suit a particular gaming spectrum, such as CoD, WoT, Tomb Raider series, Zombie horror genre, Historically accurate games, the list is long.

When I enter a Fantasy based MMO I'm not looking or even asking to see realistic graphics, I want vibrant colours, I want outlandish enviroment, I want to see ornate and over the top armour and weapons, and I want my character reace to look both beautiful and visually stunning in all ways possible, not some guy with a short back and sides who looks like my neighbour with the beer belly.

Fantasy games demand a fantasy approach, not something that you would find in a quick game of Modern Warfare.

Originally posted by BMBender

The stylized graphics in EQNext allow for the constructable / destructable world, among other things.  I'll take those new features over the same ancient themepark crap from the likes of ESO any day.

I applaud you man, but you are talking to a brick wall. Not sure what is up with people but this whole EQ thing is being blown out of proportion. The OP is not listening to you, instead like a lot of people they are flaming the game and hyping another game which both are wrong btw since neither are out at the moment. I never see anyone whose views change actually come to this damn forum and type that they were wrong. This site isn't even used for discussion anymore but just gossip, and cantankerous moods over the tiniest of things.

How can you seriously be angry that they chose that graphics style OP, when you see all the other things that are being implemented as well...I mean seriously. If EQ did not change anything and just used say the graphics of Elder scrolls I wonder how many people would be okay with that. I just don't get it any more, its no longer about the wonder and amazement of gaming its just how much you can berate the next game and hype the next one after ad infinum.

Let me see if I can make how I feel about graphics/mechanics balance on an unreleased/un-played game a little more clear.

You know already about what the graphics in eather game looks like more or less; love, hate, indifferent easy to assign a value for either game.

all the great better than sliced bread save the world mechanics are great, however we don't know if they work well in synergy with game/players yet.  Little bit of guesswork on that one. 

I've heard a lot of dev/pub houses with help from marketing depts talk up a great game about mechanics only to get in game and see little more than epic fail.  Graphics are somewhat harder to mask, much easier to to at least make a basic valuation.

And why someone might go with a better looking game(to them) than one with somewhat better mechanics?  You gotta see  graphics all the time if they bug you enough personally best mechanics in the world won't help.  most mechanics are not in your face from the second you start the client till the moment you log off.  A mechanic that bug you is somewhat easier to ignore.

I personally never have experienced this. Graphics has always only played a role on if I try the game, not if I stick with it or not. If I am not fond of the graphics I can easily get passed it if the game is good. The issue is, if I am not fond of the graphics, I may never pick up the game in the first place if it doesn't show anything else i'm interested in.

I never understood why anyone would just judge a game at face value with out considering other factors.

Originally posted by Brabbit1987

And why someone might go with a better looking game(to them) than one with somewhat better mechanics?  You gotta see  graphics all the time if they bug you enough personally best mechanics in the world won't help.  most mechanics are not in your face from the second you start the client till the moment you log off.  A mechanic that bug you is somewhat easier to ignore.

I personally never have experienced this. Graphics has always only played a role on if I try the game, not if I stick with it or not. If I am not fond of the graphics I can easily get passed it if the game is good. The issue is, if I am not fond of the graphics, I may never pick up the game in the first place if it doesn't show anything else i'm interested in.

I never understood why anyone would just judge a game at face value with out considering other factors.

I'm the exact opposite; ascetics are a make or break for me period.  I Never played more than 2 mo. WoW never touched SWTOR and won't be looking at EQN.   If I want to watch cartoons I'll get up early Saturday.  /shrugs different strokes.

Originally posted by AwDiddums

Realistic graphics have a time and place where they truly suit a particular gaming spectrum, such as CoD, WoT, Tomb Raider series, Zombie horror genre, Historically accurate games, the list is long.

When I enter a Fantasy based MMO I'm not looking or even asking to see realistic graphics, I want vibrant colours, I want outlandish enviroment, I want to see ornate and over the top armour and weapons, and I want my character reace to look both beautiful and visually stunning in all ways possible, not some guy with a short back and sides who looks like my neighbour with the beer belly.

Fantasy games demand a fantasy approach, not something that you would find in a quick game of Modern Warfare.

Fantasy games are not required to be as such.

The fact is fantasy doesn't need to be colorful or visually stunning. If that is what you expect from ALL your fantasy games, then you are just being silly. 

I really do not think graphics ever played a major role on the fantasy genre, it had more to do with the setting. Don't forget, fantasy existed well before the wizard of oz just as an example.

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    Damn I haven't really been following TESO. I had no idea it was looking that graphically amazing. I haven't really seen enough of EQ-Next to judge those graphics fully, but from what I saw  wasn't overly impressed. However early in their development I guess.

I'm the exact opposite; ascetics are a make or break for me period.  I Never played more than 2 mo. WoW never touched SWTOR and won't be looking at EQN.   If I want to watch cartoons I'll get up early Saturday.  /shrugs different strokes.

Well I am one of those artistic folks and I am a game designer as well. I love anime, so my views on cartoons is as such, "it's for adults too." Cartoons have nothing to do with stupid TV shows, it has everything to do with art. It's alright if you are not artistic, but that doesn't mean you have to insult such things and compare to some stupid Saturday cartoons. Really that is just immature. 

Again, guess you never learned the whole you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, which is pretty sad. That is a saying for a reason.

And one more point; Mechanics can be improved/changed/be removed over time with a little dev love as time passes( and mmo's are all about time)

The graphics however are pretty much in stone till the servers get tuned off.  Other than playing games with lighting effects not a whole lot of improvement over time available.  Say I started with a game who's graphics I tolerated or was midly annoyed by.  By the time the Engine starts getting dated over time I become more and more dis-enchanted with it.  

Well I am one of those artistic folks and I am a game designer as well. I love anime, so my views on cartoons is as such, "it's for adults too." Cartoons have nothing to do with stupid TV shows, it has everything to do with art. It's alright if you are not artistic, but that doesn't mean you have to insult such things and compare to some stupid Saturday cartoons. Really that is just immature. 

Again, guess you never learned the whole you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, which is pretty sad. That is a saying for a reason.

/shrugs different strokes = (for the impaired) ascetics are in the eye of the beholder what one person sees as cartoons another sees as art.  Too bad my /shrug went over your head so I typed  it out this time. Better?

/shrugs different strokes = (for the impaired) ascetics are in the eye of the beholder what one person sees as cartoons another sees as art.  Too bad my /shrug went over your head so I typed  it out this time. Better?

Difference with me and you is, I see art in the things I do not like as well. Again, just because I dislike how something looks, doesn't change the game itself. That isn't what a game is about. I don't see how you can let such a simple thing get in the way of your judgement.

If you go out and buy a car, would you rather have a beat up looking car that gets you from point a to point b, or would you rather have a car the looks good that will not even get you half way there?

I always pick things that are more functional because I do not let stupid eye candy get in the way of my judgement. It's how people are easily fooled because they don't pay attention.

Judge a book by it's cover and you will miss out on a lot of great things and be fooled very easily, just because you let looks be a priority over mechanical function.

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812
    I'll agree, that eq next has revolutionary game mechanics that we never seen before, but as far as graphics go, they will not be as good as ESO's this time around.  I guess people will have to choose what they like most in these games.  Game mechanics or real looking graphics.   It will be nice to see someday if game mechanics of eq next could be added to a game as stunningly beautiful as ESO

You cannot compare both these game as they are totally different games and to come out with a comment praising the graphic quality says it all imo. To many developers are hiding behind so called amazing graphics. Personally I feel the graphics in our modern games could be and should be far more higher quality than they currently are and as for Teso looking amazing I beg to differ looks like the same old shit we seeing all the time now.

Sadly when people start to bench mark a game by it's looks and not by what the game has to offer with regards to game play is the reason why so many game released are so poor and many gamers have accepted poor quality games just to fill their gaming urge. Gaming has become an addiction like drinking and smoking and while it may not be as bad as the later two its becoming obvious its making people loose respect for other gamers as well as accepting poorer games as a norm.

So the developer thinks they can get away with throwing crap at the masses and if 10% use their cash shops then they justify making the game. Developers standards are dropping far to fast for my liking.

As a Skyrim player I loved how the game worked for my single player needs, I could pick it up or drop it and get on with RL. Teso is the opposite and will require many hours of game play and after watching recent footage I'm afraid I'll be reluctant to invest in it unless it has something more to offer than what I've seen to date.

Many of the best games I've played have had average graphics and as an EQ fan of the past games I for one feel that any company making a modern mmo need to fulfil all my needs even EQN falls short on what I've seen to date. SOE are treating us like mushrooms just throwing a bit of light at us every now and then. All that BS about they are listening to us by using the round table is also bollocks. If they want to listen then they need to open a forum and allow feedback without removing it from their sites. SOE will never allow us to dictate what we as gamers want to see. That's clear to see from that German media company which has now taken charge of SOE games in EU zone. It was only when lots of played cancelled subs that they reverted back to allowing folks in EU to play with NA players again, but that's another issue for another day.

Back on topic...I'm not driven by graphics but have to have models which I can look at daily and feel comfortable with and EQN fails to do that and having to compromise to play that special game tells me that the developers are not prepared to invest the time and money to make the ONE game with ideas like EQN has done. The idea game would be a combination of EQN and parts from games like Wow, EQI and other games like WHO pvp was amazing fun to lvl 20 so there are loads of great ideas which could be implemented to make the 9 out of 10 game.

So anyone out there who feels graphics are the most important part of your games, then there is little hope of us seeing things evolve in the future of games and it might well hang up my boots and take up knitting or synchronised swimming.

Bandit

Asbo

• NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626

To me, the ESO visuals don't feel "too realistic", it just has that right little bit of stylization to evoke a sense of fantasy atmosphere. Probably has to do with color and lighting...

But then maybe that's because I'm thinking about Morrowind and Elsweyr screenshots while talking about this and not Skyrim or High Rock. :P

I just like what I've seen of TESO screenshots, but that doesn't mean I don't love how EQN's looking as well. To me both have character and both are looking really good.

And no, I don't think they're extremes at all. Family Guy Online is the cartoony extreme; The EQN environment graphics nicely balance out the stylized character visuals in my opinion. Plus, even the character models aren't as cartoony as they can get.

Difference with me and you is, I see art in the things I do not like as well. Again, just because I dislike how something looks, doesn't change the game itself. That isn't what a game is about. I don't see how you can let such a simple thing get in the way of your judgement.

If you go out and buy a car, would you rather have a beat up looking car that gets you from point a to point b, or would you rather have a car the looks good that will not even get you half way there?

I always pick things that are more functional because I do not let stupid eye candy get in the way of my judgement. It's how people are easily fooled because they don't pay attention.

Judge a book by it's cover and you will miss out on a lot of great things and be fooled very easily, just because you let looks be a priority over mechanical function.

I never once said I would happily drive a pretty(to me) clunker.  I merely stated that, for me, the first hurdle is the graphics.  If something I view as subpar/ugly/ pick an adjective I go somewhere else.  I'll evaluate "mechanics game play once past that faill/pass point.   I never once said I would play a garbage game as long as it looked good (to me) you inferred that. 

For the rest of your post sorry I have an opinion and disagree in how to determine my own enjoyment, get over it.

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

FIRSTLY:

ESO is a true mmo where RPG matters, taking gaming to the next level where Dark Age of Camelot brought it in 2001.  Had SoE and most other mmorpg companies written the Lord of the Rings, for example, the Hobbits would have never gotten out of the Shire because there would have been elf hobbit human pvp groups killing hobbit elf human pvp groups. 

SECONDLY:

@ the OP - You really don't want to compare quality with graphics.  ESO has pretty graphics, but how many folks will be able to run at that level and not get low framerates?  We really don't know yet.

THIRDLY:

Let ESO come out for a while, let folks be educated as to what a tri-REALM mmorpg has to offer.  They have been brought up for so long on mediocre gaming that they are innocently naive and think it's lore viable to have paladins grouping with goblin sorcerers in a flag capture instanced BG where every race and class is just a copy paste and can kill each other without reason or lore support logic.

Once players from games like WoW, GW2, Age of Conan, LOTRO, and whatever overseas grinder they are in, enter the ESO world, they will learn of something called, "REALM PRIDE."  For the first time in their gaming experience they will see different races and classes in a siege warfare battlefield.  They will realize that an mmorpg can have different cultures, each attuned to a banner for their realm, each uniquely different in architecture and religion, spell animation and combat animation.

They will realize that it is true that an mmoRPG can visualize the epic value of a novel where nations clash, not a handful of mirrored classes and races in a cornfield where Bob the level 5 ranger is trying to level.  PvP ladder rankings will not matter because what your realm does in the field will benefit all the people of your realm. 

PvP - for the first time for these people, will have solid purpose, and instead of borrowing concepts from Dark Age of Camelot and being able to put a hole in a wall or drop a tower into ruin (sorry EQ peeps - this was being done years ago - oh and there was this game called Shadowbane), they will take from the meat of the game, instill non-cosmetic actual cultures with non cosmetic pvp experiences between them.

They will taste this thing called depth, and WoW terms like theme park will forever be out the door in favor of terms like Tri Realm and RvR.  Build it, and they will come.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    I'll agree, that eq next has revolutionary game mechanics that we never seen before, but as far as graphics go, they will not be as good as ESO's this time around.  I guess people will have to choose what they like most in these games.  Game mechanics or real looking graphics.   It will be nice to see someday if game mechanics of eq next could be added to a game as stunningly beautiful as ESO

if people just wanted gfx age of conan would have had alot more subs :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    Originally posted by Thane

Agreed.  Age of Conan was beautiful until I saw that they saved as much money as possible by forcing all the nations that Conan was complaining about in the opening video (before they removed it) together on a beach in Tortage.  WHen I saw that a demonologist could run through Cimmeria with all pets out - whereas in the books even a shaman had to be wary of their magic because the people there would take your head if they thought you aligned with evil...when I saw you could roll a priest of Mitra and group with a Tempest of Set and kill other pirests of Mitra...I knew that this was not the game for me.

Why even play a fantasy mmoRPG if it's really just MMO and no RPG at all?

Originally posted by Thane

I know right? some people on this board think that if you love good (to you) graphics you must hate good gameplay.   The concept of finding both enjoyable seems to confuse them somewhat.

I never once said I would happily drive a pretty(to me) clunker.  I merely stated that, for me, the first hurdle is the graphics.  If something I view as subpar/ugly/ pick an adjective I go somewhere else.  I'll evaluate "mechanics game play once past that faill/pass point.   I never once said I would play a garbage game as long as it looked good (to me) you inferred that. 

For the rest of your post sorry I have an opinion and disagree in how to determine my own enjoyment, get over it.

lol telling me to get over it, like as if it bothers me. I am just pointing out that you can miss a lot of good games with the way you think. However, you are right, just because you judge a game by it's graphics before it's mechanics doesn't mean you would do that with other things, so I apologize for assuming that.

However, let me just say this, I used to do the same thing you do. I admit I was stupid for doing that. I realize there is more to games then just the graphics and some of the best games I have ever played didn't exactly have all that great graphics. If that is what you enjoy, then fine, you are the one missing out due to your ideals. Guess either way, you are fine with that as well.

Really I sometimes have no idea why people do the things they do. I like questioning people, but in the end it only confuses me even more. I always expect people to use logic, but most people don't.

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107
    Originally posted by Iselin
    Originally posted by Agoden

Am i the only one who dislikes "Realistic" art styles?

They age really poorly, will look like crap within a few years compared to other games, and even when freshly released these games usually just don't look appealing to me, i absolutely love my stylized graphics and am glad EQN is going with them.

I'll still try ESO, but so far It looks quite poor to me visually.

Seen Age of Conan lately? 5-years-old and still looks better than most MMOs.

This "ages badly" thing is a left-over from the late 90's and early 2000's when both, CPUs and GPUs were changing drastically very quickly.

Last 5 years? Not so much...changes have been gradual and incremental. Check-out any of the top games from 2008 (Dead Space, Crysis Warhead, GT IV, etc.) they all still look great even compared to the latest single player PC games.

I wish people would just stop repeating this tired old marketing hype excuse for cartoony styles which are just a choice, nothing else.

This might be true for singleplayer games, but It's not for MMOs, stylized graphics will always age better, MMOs still have the ugliest ground textures possibly imaginable, even newer games like FFXIV.

I'm sticking to the statement, It's not marketing hype, maybe It's not truth, but It's definitely my preference.

lol telling me to get over it, like as if it bothers me. I am just pointing out that you can miss a lot of good games with the way you think. However, you are right, just because you judge a game by it's graphics before it's mechanics doesn't mean you would do that with other things, so I apologize for assuming that.

However, let me just say this, I used to do the same thing you do. I admit I was stupid for doing that. I realize there is more to games then just the graphics and some of the best games I have ever played didn't exactly have all that great graphics. If that is what you enjoy, then fine, you are the one missing out due to your ideals. Guess either way, you are fine with that as well.

Really I sometimes have no idea why people do the things they do. I like questioning people, but in the end it only confuses me even more. I always expect people to use logic, but most people don't.

You keep getting stuck on the statement "great graphics"  I never said that either.  When you get read up on what I actually said.    We can continue the discussion on why I'm such a bad influence on my own illogical enjoyment of games that we have no concrete information about other than dev/pub/market touted and un-played as yet "mechanics" and screenshots which we can actually make a judgment on. lol.

I'm the exact opposite; ascetics are a make or break for me period.  I Never played more than 2 mo. WoW never touched SWTOR and won't be looking at EQN.   If I want to watch cartoons I'll get up early Saturday.  /shrugs different strokes. (This entire post is pretty much on graphics)

You keep getting stuck on the statement "great graphics"  I never said that either.  When you get read up on what I actually said.    We can continue the discussion on why I'm such a bad influence on my own illogical enjoyment of games that we have no concrete information about other than dev/pub/market touted and un-played as yet "mechanics" and screenshots which we can actually make a judgment on. lol.

Well after reading up, you are clearly talking about graphics. I highlighted it all for you above in the quotes. So exactly what is it that I am getting stuck on, or are you saying that you mean something entirely different? If you are talking about looks rather then graphics themselves, it really doesn't change anything. The same applies.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    TSW played in 3D. Nothing even compares. TESO graphics looks... pretty decent, thats it.

I'm the exact opposite; ascetics are a make or break for me period.  I Never played more than 2 mo. WoW never touched SWTOR and won't be looking at EQN.   If I want to watch cartoons I'll get up early Saturday.  /shrugs different strokes. (This entire post is pretty much on graphics)

Well after reading up, you are clearly talking about graphics. I highlighted it all for you above in the quotes. So exactly what is it that I am getting stuck on, or are you saying that you mean something entirely different? If you are talking about looks rather then graphics themselves, it really doesn't change anything. The same applies.

Actually I was talking about the ascetics graphics present: pleasing, indifferent, displeasing, actively loathe if you actually read em.  And no it doesn't change anything there actually IS a pretty big difference.   You can have a graphically well done "cartoon" or' "realistic model" that can still be pleasing or actively revolting while in it self remaining well designed.

hmm let me try this as an example:

Have you or do you know anyone who spent hours/days in a character creator/editor, tailor, or spent 1/2 a day just dyeing crap?  All those mechanics are SPECIFICLLY designed to appeal to certain types of personalities. 

Another pretty much the ENTIRE simulation genre revolves around people who want both ascetically pleasing(in the case of simulations accurate (usually{but not always} = pleasing) and mechanically sound content.

I realize that the mmo genre as a whole has entered a period of mediocrity either in ascetics; everyone does big shoulders, bright colors, physically improbable proportions these days, one game often looks like another; or mechanically tepid; oh you wanted an endgame? sorry we don't have the voice overs for it.  But that does not mean I have to settle, there are more than enough games out there who want my $ by offering both.  If that means I never buy/play another subpar mmo? /shrugs can't say I'm really concerned.  It's not like there aren't already a dozen or more already out  there just like it, no matter how "new and unique it is"

If it sounds like I set the bar higher for mmos it's because I do.  They ask for a higher price point, that's my criteria for what they are asking.

If nothing else my habits certainly guarded me well from investing anything in the TORtanic, Failhammer, ect those games were never on my radar.

EDIT:  Ack and completely forget my last point

the reason my 1st pas/fail point on a prospective game is how I find it ascetically:  That's the ONE THING IN THE ENTIRE GAME THAT  WILL ALWAYS BE THERE UNCHANGED love/hate or indifferent it aint going away.  Hell with licensing not even the name is set in stone MEO--->LOTRO

Mechanics on the other hand are a dime a dozen at launch, give it 6mo. 5-10% of em will be in "revision"  1 yr 1/2 the game functions differently to one degree or anther.  5yr?  I don't think there is a single mmo ever that has even one single mechanic. that stayed completely untouched.

• jesusjuice69jesusjuice69 Member Posts: 276
    Originally posted by OfficialFlow

Its 2013, and unbeleivable graphics have came out.  Bethesda and Zenimax have taken hold of these amazing capablities and made us an online game with them.  Elder Scrolls Online.  After seeing what EQ Next will look like, and its gameworld looking like last years Guildwars 2 gameworld in graphics,  there will be no one in the way to make this the most realistic MMORPG of the year, and in fact, all time.   I hope and have no doubt we will see more MMORPG's start to follow this amazing graphic outlook to push these games to look even more real and enjoyable.   Just wanted to say Thankyou ESO!

ESO Screenshot

Eq Next Screenshot

ugly piece of Sh*t looks outdated already while Eqn does not, that alone is a reason enough to stay away from games that try to replicate reality. if you turn to games in your search for realism how about you go out of your house for a change?

YES I DARE SAY THAT MAKING GAMES IS AN ART FORM,

more like... why do i even bother commenting on these stupid threads?

its not like my opinion has any effect on these boneheads

o.o ugly? ...

X3 It looks perfectly fine to me. Both games look good. I think the ones who argue which is better are the boneheads. It's a stupid argument.

I agree, they both look good.

We aren't event sure if the game will remain entertaining 5 months from release, never mind 5 years.  So why are we even arguing about how well the graphics age?

I will definitely be buying ESO, but I honestly don't think I will be playing it nearly a decade from now like I do with WoW.  That is fine though, not every game needs to be expected to last many years post release.