Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The most realistic looking MMORPG of all time!

Comments

• Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by cybertrucker

How many dull shades of brown, grey, and muddy green can TEAO have? Answer- to many to count.

No thanks. I like the vibrant fluid world of EQN. A bit more cartoony? Sure. However it's drawn incredibly well... I have had my fair share of of dull lifeless worlds like TESO.

Now to add. I don't mind realistic graphics.. But I'm tired of the dull lifeless ones full of browns and drab colors. 

You obviously must be color blind if you only see brown, grey, and muddy green in the pictures you have seen. Think you are WAY over exaggerating  just to troll.  Again, if you are going to argue which game is better, try to use at least a some what valid argument.

Heck, I would even accept if you said, you simply don't like ESO. However, then I question why the heck you are even here commenting.

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Originally posted by Brabbit1987
    Originally posted by cybertrucker

How many dull shades of brown, grey, and muddy green can TEAO have? Answer- to many to count.

No thanks. I like the vibrant fluid world of EQN. A bit more cartoony? Sure. However it's drawn incredibly well... I have had my fair share of of dull lifeless worlds like TESO.

Now to add. I don't mind realistic graphics.. But I'm tired of the dull lifeless ones full of browns and drab colors. 

You obviously must be color blind if you only see brown, grey, and muddy green in the pictures you have seen. Think you are WAY over exaggerating  just to troll.  Again, if you are going to argue which game is better, try to use at least a some what valid argument.

Heck, I would even accept if you said, you simply don't like ESO. However, then I question why the heck you are even here commenting.

Why am I commenting? That's simple  I haven't actually been keeping track of TESO, however its been crammed down my throat over the last 4 days  with the reveal of a game I have been tracking. So I started looking at it. I mean all of the comparisons that have been made maybe it was worth looking into. I enjoy a good game.

So as I started looking I keep coming away wondering why this game is being compared to EQN? EQN is more vibrantly composed, its an open non instanced world. Is hosting true next gen features. And isn't a quest grinder. In every category this game seems lack luster in comparison.. Ok ok the one world server seems interesting. Other than that, I didn't come here untill the fans of this game shoved it down my throat while making comparisons Now I am just giving my honest opinion on the comparisons that I have  made.

just like was being done over on the EQN side of these forums.

I could be wrong but to me It looks dull and lifeless in comparison, it also looks to be mor of to same of almost every game since WOW. I have been in the MMO scene since EQ1 beta.. I am tired of WOW clones.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by fistorm

Its 2013, and unbeleivable graphics have came out.  Bethesda and Zenimax have taken hold of these amazing capablities and made us an online game with them.  Elder Scrolls Online.  After seeing what EQ Next will look like, and its gameworld looking like last years Guildwars 2 gameworld in graphics,  there will be no one in the way to make this the most realistic MMORPG of the year, and in fact, all time.   I hope and have no doubt we will see more MMORPG's start to follow this amazing graphic outlook to push these games to look even more real and enjoyable.   Just wanted to say Thankyou ESO!

Yet Age of Conan is still better looking than then both.. so no ESO is not the most realistic looking AOC still is..

• TicklepinkTicklepink Member UncommonPosts: 123

EQN is more "vibrantly composed" in comparison to ESO as Justin Biebers music is compared to Beethoven. There is no comparison..either you like subtlety or you don't...either you like large "?" and "!" above NPCs heads or you don't..either you can use a compass or you need a glowy trail.

Some need their animations to be finished cause frankly they have ten thumbs and couldn't game their way out of a paper bag.

Some need to be smacked in the face with RGB while others appreciate the nuance of artistic whispers across the canvas.

Yea..so..Ill stop there.

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Originally posted by Ticklepink

EQN is more "vibrantly composed" in comparison to ESO as Justin Biebers music is compared to Beethoven. There is no comparison..either you like subtlety or you don't...either you like large "?" and "!" above NPCs heads or you don't..either you can use a compass or you need a glowy trail.

Some need their animations to be finished cause frankly they have ten thumbs and couldn't game their way out of a paper bag.

Some need to be smacked in the face with RGB while others appreciate the nuance of artistic whispers across the canvas.

Yea..so..Ill stop there.

Personally I would take Beethoven. Another' musical genius Matthew Bellamy and MUSE.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Caldrin

Its 2013, and unbeleivable graphics have came out.  Bethesda and Zenimax have taken hold of these amazing capablities and made us an online game with them.  Elder Scrolls Online.  After seeing what EQ Next will look like, and its gameworld looking like last years Guildwars 2 gameworld in graphics,  there will be no one in the way to make this the most realistic MMORPG of the year, and in fact, all time.   I hope and have no doubt we will see more MMORPG's start to follow this amazing graphic outlook to push these games to look even more real and enjoyable.   Just wanted to say Thankyou ESO!

Yet Age of Conan is still better looking than then both.. so no ESO is not the most realistic looking AOC still is..

You know, I instinctively agreed with you when you posted that, but then someone started another thread with some screenshots of the latest ESO build that I hadn't seen before: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/422697/previews/elder-scrolls-online-preview-when-worlds-collide/

Click the upper right corner to see a full screen version... 18/21 even reminded me of AOC...pretty damn close, IMHO.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Yeah it does look very nice i must admit.. close to AOC .. still will have to wait and see it in action :)
  • dwarfkinglordsdwarfkinglords Member UncommonPosts: 75

not sure if OP never seen another game in his life or not.. but go look up black dessert, bless, FF: ARR , looks 100x better then this game.. the character models are hideous in this game and not pleasing at all.. the jagged polygons are not smooth

the animation is the worst.. a trend in western games.. go look up the trailers of any of those games and they look way better, hell even tera and blade and soul look graphically way better, animations are much more impactful and smooth..

Originally posted by dwarfkinglords

not sure if OP never seen another game in his life or not.. but go look up black dessert, bless, FF: ARR , looks 100x better then this game.. the character models are hideous in this game and not pleasing at all.. the jagged polygons are not smooth

the animation is the worst.. a trend in western games.. go look up the trailers of any of those games and they look way better, hell even tera and blade and soul look graphically way better, animations are much more impactful and smooth..

your comment about low polys have more to do with either seeing a bad res screenshot or a screenshot being taken with a 5 yr old gen graphics card.

The choppy animations you see have more to do with the player than with the actual animations.

• dwarfkinglordsdwarfkinglords Member UncommonPosts: 75

your comment about low polys have more to do with either seeing a bad res screenshot or a screenshot being taken with a 5 yr old gen graphics card.

The choppy animations you see have more to do with the player than with the actual animations.

really? thats the worst excuse ive ever heard.. its the players fault??? so when he clicks a mouse, the hideous swing and super bland attacks are the players fault??? look how uninspired the action is compared to the games ive listed

are you that in denial? 

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

really? thats the worst excuse ive ever heard.. its the players fault??? so when he clicks a mouse, the hideous swing and super bland attacks are the players fault??? look how uninspired the action is compared to the games ive listed

are you that in denial? 

I think Black Desert looks great and I think this game looks great and so do those that sat infront of the PC and played it. I don't see uninspired combat, I see typical Elder Scrolls combat which isn't the greatest of all time, but what fans of the series will want. Some animations need to be improved and the entire package will over the next 8 months. Seems to me you are in denial.

There Is Always Hope!

• newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780
    But... realism is not something I want in a fantasy MMO. I know some people are into that, but for me realistic looking = turn off.
  • ShrillyShrilly Member UncommonPosts: 421

Not too realistic

are you that in denial? 

nope not denial..based on what I've seen...Ive seen some footage that isn't jerky...where the combat looked smooth and fluid..sure I've seen the other as well..just like I've seen sh** screenies and I've seen good screenies.

• donpopukidonpopuki Member Posts: 591
    Originally posted by Shrilly

Not too realistic

o.0

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

I've seen Black Dessert...been looking at it a lot since I first heard about it... is there now some actual gamepllay video available or just the same gorgeous rendered cut-scene demos as before?

I'd love to see them being able to pull off that beautiful look in actual gameplay with 200 players on screen...I guess we'll have to wait and see if it's possible... my machine with 10K+ 3DMark 11 may be able to handle it but I'd like to see it done on an average system.

Either these guys have some powerful secret graphics engine for MMOs that no one else has been able to even come close to or you and I and everyone else is just falling for a gorgeous tech demo that will never look like that once it's released.

I mean... if you want to compare apples to apples compare the Black Dessert videos to this, which is the carefully chosen and enhanced ESO equivalent of the Black Dessert trailers:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHj5VvFWbtE#at=66

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by MindTrigger

The stylized graphics in EQNext allow for the constructable / destructable world, among other things.  I'll take those new features over the same ancient themepark crap from the likes of ESO any day.

As bad as ESO is, EQnext is going to screw up in the same spots as GW2.  End game = Zerging open world bosses and minecrafting? 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• InsaneDalekInsaneDalek Member Posts: 119

I love how certain people think comparing EQN's stylized aesthetics to Dragon's Lair is an insult. For those not in the know, Dragon's Lair  was an early laserdisc game that featured simple, linear twitch-based action gameplay. In a time when games such as Pac-Man, Robotron 2084, & Defender were considered graphically advanced, Dragon's Lair featured hand-drawn cartoon animation done by none other than Don Bluth. Mr. Bluth, as anyone who hasn't been living in an Afghani cave for the last 30 years should know, is the mastermind behind such classic animated films as The Secret of NIMH, The Land Before Time, All Dogs go to Heaven, and Anastasia (as well as several films during his time with Disney).

Mr. Bluth is widely considered to be a master of his craft, and one of the most (if not THE most) talented animators of all time. If I were an artist and had my work compared to his in any way which could be remotely considered favorable, I'd be positively ecstatic.

But hey, go ahead and keep making the comparison like it's supposed to be some kind of insult. Ignorance usually amuses me quite a bit, and this case is certainly no exception.

Oh and for the record, I'd take a film animated by Mr. Bluth over the vast majority of CGI crap spewed out by the film industry any day. But if you want something more 'realistic' that's just going to look like sh*t in a year or two when technology advances as opposed to something with a much more timeless look & feel, then be my guest.

Edit: I should point out that I like the aesthetic of BOTH games. They both fit their settings quite well. I'm just amused by people saying, "Durrr, BAD GRAFIKS!!" while making asinine comparisons.

It's a sad day indeed when a family is too afraid of reprisals to publicly thank somebody for saving their lives.

• DenambrenDenambren Member UncommonPosts: 399

Not sure if the OP watched the gameplay reveal of ESO, but check it out.

http://ca.ign.com/videos/2013/08/02/the-elder-scrolls-online-gameplay-quakecon-2013

This game's graphics and (especially) animations look like the original elder scrolls games.

• nuthanutha Member UncommonPosts: 47

I somewhat agree with the OP, ESO does look good and IMO EQNext looks terrible. I spent many enjoyable hours in EQ and EQ2 but can honestly say I will not be playing EQNext because the graphics are sub par by todays' (or my?) standards. Initially I was quite excited about it, until I saw the graphics; they are almost as bad as an aged ~9 year old game named WoW. But WoW still has subscribers.. maybe EQNext is trying to provide an easy transition for the WoW crowd?

That being said I won't be playing Wildstar either, simply because of the graphics, it looks like it has some great ideas, (like EQNext) but personally I can't find myself interested enough to even try it.

I disagree that ESO is the most realistic MMORGP of all time, but am too lazy to post links to prove it, besides it's just an opinion, I don't think the OP was trolling.

And if any of you care or are still reading this, I am very much looking forward to ESO, Black Desert and DAoC Unchained.

Disclaimer: I only read through the first 2-3 pages of this thread so if my opinions appear to be plagiaristic I assure you they are original. ;)

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651
    What a huge difference! Take my money ESO
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    I wish this game all the luck in the world.  It looks great, but those looks usually come at a cost to make up for the fact that most gamers don't have rigs that will render the game like you see in official screenshots.  For example, these types of games are often walled-off, on-rails, instanced zone experiences just like AoC is.  I hope I'm wrong, but so far no one has been able to publish a game with this type of detail without having to cut corners elsewhere to cover the whole range of computer hardware out there.

What we need to do is stop selling high end machines...or perhaps tax high end machine users and give the money to low end users to buy better machines....or just ban high end machines. Problem solved.

• jesusjuice69jesusjuice69 Member Posts: 276
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf
    I wish this game all the luck in the world.  It looks great, but those looks usually come at a cost to make up for the fact that most gamers don't have rigs that will render the game like you see in official screenshots.  For example, these types of games are often walled-off, on-rails, instanced zone experiences just like AoC is.  I hope I'm wrong, but so far no one has been able to publish a game with this type of detail without having to cut corners elsewhere to cover the whole range of computer hardware out there.

What we need to do is stop selling high end machines...or perhaps tax high end machine users and give the money to low end users to buy better machines....or just ban high end machines. Problem solved.

A very good gaming PC can be had for like 1k. 

People who buy shit from dell that is the problem!   Ban Dell!

• BigmamajamaBigmamajama Member Posts: 198
    I'll agree, that eq next has revolutionary game mechanics that we never seen before, but as far as graphics go, they will not be as good as ESO's this time around.  I guess people will have to choose what they like most in these games.  Game mechanics or real looking graphics.   It will be nice to see someday if game mechanics of eq next could be added to a game as stunningly beautiful as ESO

Wrong I have seen every single one of EQN game mechanics before, what are they doing that is completely new to gaming?

• ZeroPointNRGZeroPointNRG Member Posts: 70

I will be playing both EQN and TESO, (imagine that, playing more than one computer game!!!!!!!!!!!!).

For what it's worth though, MMO's with amazing graphics haven't fared too well in the past. You might be surprised at how many people are still playing WoW with an integrated graphics card. Making your game so that even a toaster can play it on at least low settings certainly helps expand your potential player base.