Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The most realistic looking MMORPG of all time!

fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868

Its 2013, and unbeleivable graphics have came out.  Bethesda and Zenimax have taken hold of these amazing capablities and made us an online game with them.  Elder Scrolls Online.  After seeing what EQ Next will look like, and its gameworld looking like last years Guildwars 2 gameworld in graphics,  there will be no one in the way to make this the most realistic MMORPG of the year, and in fact, all time.   I hope and have no doubt we will see more MMORPG's start to follow this amazing graphic outlook to push these games to look even more real and enjoyable.   Just wanted to say Thankyou ESO!

ESO Screenshot

Eq Next Screenshot

Comments

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

The stylized graphics in EQNext allow for the constructable / destructable world, among other things.  I'll take those new features over the same ancient themepark crap from the likes of ESO any day.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868
    I'll agree, that eq next has revolutionary game mechanics that we never seen before, but as far as graphics go, they will not be as good as ESO's this time around.  I guess people will have to choose what they like most in these games.  Game mechanics or real looking graphics.   It will be nice to see someday if game mechanics of eq next could be added to a game as stunningly beautiful as ESO
  • TicklepinkTicklepink Member UncommonPosts: 123
    In EQNext I can't wait to see Jessica Rabbit walk across the screen..Perhaps she will be a new race! We already have Simba and Lara Croft as playable races!!. Perhaps we can have Jessica Rabbit too!!. OH!! and Porky Pig!..I wanna see porky pig and the roadrunner in EQNext so I can blow up the ground and watch trees fall.!!

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

Please stop calling TES:O a MMORPG. The developers themselves have stated its a co-op rpg.

Thanks.

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Why is TES still listed on MMORPG.com if it's simply a multi player game?
  • diabeldiabel Member UncommonPosts: 36

Sure EQN has styled graphics but don't forget the details and smooth animations. This will mostly likely mean responsive gameplay like WOW. Have you watched ESO gameplay? The graphics are choppy and the animation is far from smooth.

Also just because the art style might look similiar doesn't mean the graphics quality is the same. GW2 has great graphics but EQN takes it even further creating unique emotional atmospheres.

Don't get me wrong ESO might be a great game but if your comparing graphics don't stop just at the art direction. Also ESO isn't a seamless world, that's like comparing a pool to an ocean.

I wish this game all the luck in the world.  It looks great, but those looks usually come at a cost to make up for the fact that most gamers don't have rigs that will render the game like you see in official screenshots.  For example, these types of games are often walled-off, on-rails, instanced zone experiences just like AoC is.  I hope I'm wrong, but so far no one has been able to publish a game with this type of detail without having to cut corners elsewhere to cover the whole range of computer hardware out there.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

do you not understand what the MMO RPG stands for in MMORPG?...Massive..TESO is massive..Multiplayer..Its Mulitplayer..its Online and its a RolePlaying Game.

Frankly I don't see how EQNext can justify calling them selves a roleplaying game with less than immersive characters..I mean..I guess when i was watching Saturday morning Cartoons as a child I was in fact roleplaying :)..yea?

• artemisentr4artemisentr4 Member UncommonPosts: 1,431

Originally posted by MindTrigger You sound like a used car salesmen in a $50 suit. The stylized graphics in EQNext allow for the constructable / destructable world, among other things.  I'll take those new features over the same ancient themepark crap from the likes of ESO any day.

I agree with the OP, graphics look to be a plus. EQN graphics are a big turn off for me as well. I would rather go with graphics and ESO content for PvE than EQN PvE at this point. EQN has the raw raw, but no one has backed up raw raw. We shall see when they both launch.

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
    R.A.Salvatore

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Originally posted by Arakazi
    Why is TES still listed on MMORPG.com if it's simply a multi player game?
    $$$

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

I agree about how well this will run will depend on your rig.  We have eight cores and almost unlimted ram use now with 64bit OS.   We also have some of the cheapest computers ever in history at this moment also.  I bought my rig for $500 and it could run skyrim flawlessly.   GPU cards also the cheapest I ever seen them,  $120  550 Ti cards can run anything on the market to date on a dual core computer.  

Also PS3 ran Skyrim pretty flawless also.  With the PS4, it should run any thing using skyrim graphics even more flawless, so there is a solid player base that can run this game np.   I'm sure if I did not have such a good computer I probably would be playing eq next, but more and more people are upgrading to more high end computers because of how cheap they are now, and that can handle these kinds of  graphics.   I'm just glad there is a game company seeing that and willing to make games for them.

Judging by skyrims sales figures, theres enough high end game machines out there to warrent this kind of game.

• GraeyGraey Member UncommonPosts: 281
    Originally posted by MindTrigger

You sound like a used car salesmen in a $50 suit.

The stylized graphics in EQNext allow for the constructable / destructable world, among other things.  I'll take those new features over the same ancient themepark crap from the likes of ESO any day.

I applaud you man, but you are talking to a brick wall. Not sure what is up with people but this whole EQ thing is being blown out of proportion. The OP is not listening to you, instead like a lot of people they are flaming the game and hyping another game which both are wrong btw since neither are out at the moment. I never see anyone whose views change actually come to this damn forum and type that they were wrong. This site isn't even used for discussion anymore but just gossip, and cantankerous moods over the tiniest of things.

How can you seriously be angry that they chose that graphics style OP, when you see all the other things that are being implemented as well...I mean seriously. If EQ did not change anything and just used say the graphics of Elder scrolls I wonder how many people would be okay with that. I just don't get it any more, its no longer about the wonder and amazement of gaming its just how much you can berate the next game and hype the next one after ad infinum.

Man sometimes I really hate this hobby.

• DrakephireDrakephire Member UncommonPosts: 451

I think the OPs love of ESO is not shared by the majority of posters dissatisfied with EQN.  Those disliking the EQN reveal not only dislike the graphics, but also the gameplay elements. They are not likely to embrace ESO's themepark.

In short, trying to win converts to ESO on graphics alone is a fools errand.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Came to thread expecting links or pics. Left disappointed. :(

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

I just watched their premeire quake video, and it looked like Conan type graphics, not these great graphics as claimed.  Dont get me wrong, they look fine, but Black Desert shreds this

Originally posted by Myrdynn

I just watched their premeire quake video, and it looked like Conan type graphics, not these great graphics as claimed.  Dont get me wrong, they look fine, but Black Desert shreds this

I've seen enough leaked Youtube videos of char creation and game play of ESO that when i can see dents and dings on armor that glares when sunlight hits it..It's a little better than AOC. While I do agree it is in that same genre.."realistic,' Dynamic weather and day night cycles are pretty impressive.

However I will never be willing to revert to Dragon's Lair from 1983 for the sole purpose of being able to blow up the ground and watch a tree fall over.

• Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782

I think both ESO and EQN look like something to watch out for. I am betting I will play both and equally enjoy both.

As for those who keep saying ESO isn't an MMORPG, I think they need to look up the definition. Just because the devs said it isn't an MMORPG doesn't make it true. In fact, in one of the Q/A videos, they where asked about that, and said that they just didn't want to use the term. The truth is, any game that has a massive amount of players on a server is considered an MMO. It's really not all that hard to understand it. Massive Multiplayer  Online, it really means EXACTLY how it sounds. 

So anyone who says ESO is not an MMO from here on out, I will know they are not very smart or they are just trolling. I mean this is 2013, I really hope people are smart enough to be able to tell the difference between a regular mutiplayer game and a MMO.

As for EQN graphics, I don't think the cartoon look has anything to do with the ideas and features they are using. Lowering graphics does not equal cartoon graphics.

I also saw a person say ESO is more graphical. Yes, maybe, but really not by much. Zenimax also lowered the graphics as they are trying to fit 100s of players on a single screen.

Really wish people would get their facts straight before they argue. LOL It's like 2 people argueing about a red ladder. One says it's blue, and the other says it's green. Another person jumps in and says it's yellow.

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    Originally posted by fistorm
    I'll agree, that eq next has revolutionary game mechanics that we never seen before, but as far as graphics go, they will not be as good as ESO's this time around.  I guess people will have to choose what they like most in these games.  Game mechanics or real looking graphics.   It will be nice to see someday if game mechanics of eq next could be added to a game as stunningly beautiful as ESO

Luckily ESO will have both game mechanics and graphics for the adults.  We also get to battle for territory, which is pretty nice as well.  Oh, and unlike EQ and nearly most other mmorpgs, I get to fight classes and races that will be (drum roll) different from my own realm.  Let me raise a toast to good graphics, and a game I can believe in. 

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by karmath

Please stop calling TES:O a MMORPG. The developers themselves have stated its a co-op rpg.

Thanks.

Explain the Cyrodiil "co-op RPG" experience to me...if you even know what Cyrodiil is.

Whatever the devs are spinning these days to attract the single player TES crowd, this is an MMO. Saying otherwise is just showing your total lack of knowledge about the game and systems.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Originally posted by Graey
    Originally posted by MindTrigger

You sound like a used car salesmen in a $50 suit.

I applaud you man, but you are talking to a brick wall. Not sure what is up with people but this whole EQ thing is being blown out of proportion. The OP is not listening to you, instead like a lot of people they are flaming the game and hyping another game which both are wrong btw since neither are out at the moment. I never see anyone whose views change actually come to this damn forum and type that they were wrong. This site isn't even used for discussion anymore but just gossip, and cantankerous moods over the tiniest of things.

How can you seriously be angry that they chose that graphics style OP, when you see all the other things that are being implemented as well...I mean seriously. If EQ did not change anything and just used say the graphics of Elder scrolls I wonder how many people would be okay with that. I just don't get it any more, its no longer about the wonder and amazement of gaming its just how much you can berate the next game and hype the next one after ad infinum.

Man sometimes I really hate this hobby.

I don't get angry about any of this, but I find it hilarious how many people around here whine about "change" in MMO games all the time, and then as soon as they get some change, they freak out about it.  Honestly though, I just don't think they are very bright, and the Western world is plagued by knee-jerk reactionary culture.

• MarkusrindMarkusrind Member Posts: 359
    Seeing the video's of what EQN and ESO are going to be, gameplay and graphics,  side by side on the same day, ESO is a poor and distant relation.
  • VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Originally posted by fistorm

Its 2013, and unbeleivable graphics have came out.  Bethesda and Zenimax have taken hold of these amazing capablities and made us an online game with them.  Elder Scrolls Online.  After seeing what EQ Next will look like, and its gameworld looking like last years Guildwars 2 gameworld in graphics,  there will be no one in the way to make this the most realistic MMORPG of the year, and in fact, all time.   I hope and have no doubt we will see more MMORPG's start to follow this amazing graphic outlook to push these games to look even more real and enjoyable.   Just wanted to say Thankyou ESO!

ESO Screenshot

Eq Next Screenshot

Whar if your claim is right and eso is very realistic and all we, the players dont want realism but escape from it?

• GoldmundGoldmund Member Posts: 8
    Agreed.  While I'm still on the fence between the two games,  I appreciate more the realistic art style of ESO.  The voxel based destructable environments in EQN sound interesting, but I'm not entirely sold yet.  The Landmark system may well be worth it, but I was disappointed to see that new constructions are essentially segregated in a separate application in a different world away from the regular game until they can be approved somehow to be moved into EQN.  I'll give it a shot, but my initial preference is definitely for more realism - even if that means less personal control over the environment.
    Originally posted by Vidir

Whar if your claim is right and eso is very realistic and all we, the players dont want realism but escape from it?

Then I would say,  how can nvidia and ATI stay in buisness with all the people buying cards to play low quality graphic cartoon looking games, I'll tell you how,  because they majority of gamers are not playing low quality graphic games of the past.  Why not make all games cartoons and throw away graphics card?  Because we the players demanded higher graphic quality games then we seen with EQ Next and past games.  Wheres the proof?   The proof is top end graphic card sales figures that keep nvidia and ATI in buisness.

And the other claim would be Skyrim sales figures.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Unfortunately when things start moving, ESO looks more like a clay-mation than it does the "motion of life".