Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bad News for EU Players

1235»

Comments

• tedgptedgp Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko
    Originally posted by OrbaLink
    One thing which might help with people trying to get SOE to allow european players to stay with SOE is that I am expecting to see far more noise over the issue than with Planetside 2, and with Planetside 2 they let EU beta players stay with SOE. When it looked like european EQ2 players would be forced to switch to PSS1 the EQ2 forum ended up with a thread over one thousand pages long about people not wanting it. I can see similar protests happening which will hopefully result in allowances being made for people who want to stay with SOE for EQN.

The question regarding EU players using their SOE accounts for EQNext was asked in the final QA panel.

Dave Georgeson said that someone had started a petition over this, and that his email inbox was being flooded as a result. He asked people to please stop sending the mails, and promised that "they would talk about it when they get back to the office"  image

Don't stop sending the mails. SOE have clearly not decided to let legacy euro customers use their old SOE accounts for EQNext access, otherwise they would simply have given a clear answer to the question.

Or maybe they simply havent decided 100% yet and the petition is forcing him to work out an answer.

• KegleDKKegleDK Member Posts: 5

The video you guys are talking about is this one.

at the 11:20 mark.

The petition has been updated and emails won't be sent out anymore, until the number reaches in the thousands, so people keep signing it and stuff will hopefully happen.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    If you speak english at an ok level fgs play on the US servers yes for now slightly higher ping while new cables being laid. But the service is better and most of the people on US servers actually speak english.  Nothing wrong with other languages but Im getting tired of English language servers feeling like Im in a foreign country where I don't understand anything in a place Im supposed to call home.
  • DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    Originally posted by Wicoa
    If you speak english at an ok level fgs play on the US servers yes for now slightly higher ping while new cables being laid. But the service is better and most of the people on US servers actually speak english.  Nothing wrong with other languages but Im getting tired of English language servers feeling like Im in a foreign country where I don't understand anything in a place Im supposed to call home.

I completely understand mate. 

Being British, I have no 'need' to learn another language as English is the most widely spoken (I'm fairly fluent in German, and 'ok' in Spanish though). I can utterly appreciate why companies only tend to offer English, French, and German servers, but that's not fair on those that speak Portuguese, Greek, Italian etc and wish to converse in their Mother tongue. The costs and logistics of supporting the 24 officially recognised languages in the EU would be pretty mindblowing.

Having said that, it's not what PS1 does. They'll support the 'big 3' EU languages in the same way that SOE did, and let the other languages find their own homes.

Still, the biggest issue for me here is PS1 as a company. I've had 'issues' with them before and I'm not naive enough to think they wouldn't do it again.

However, I did read that they're aware of the potential EU players not being pleased with the situation, and would be discussing the issue further. 

I live in hope :)

• KnightdaneKnightdane Member UncommonPosts: 9

yeah i have seen nothing but bad stuff from pro7...

bad websites, bad support....

also, what i love about being on soe boards and sites, is that there's only 1 step to get into contact with the people who actually run the game.... but pro7 is a huge layer in between, and allows for more things to go wrong, and i do not feel connected to the developers.

as for signing up for the us beta, i had that darn chose your region loop...

so i setup a temporary vpn, and i could sign up just fine..

and if i have to buy a permanent vpn to play this game, i will... i will not be playing through pro7...

• OrbaLinkOrbaLink Member Posts: 3
    I would have been surprised if they had given an answer at SOELive as unfortunately its a decision that has to be made a levels above them. I've always got the feeling that the Devs have known that whole PSS1 thing was a bad idea but couldn't do anything about it because it was someone in management's pet project. But at least it shows that they are aware of the issue.

One useful thing is EQN Landmark. With it coming out this year it means that we will be able to get a decision soon, one way or another, rather than having to possibly wait till EQN is released before getting a final decision.
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Originally posted by OrbaLink
    One thing which might help with people trying to get SOE to allow european players to stay with SOE is that I am expecting to see far more noise over the issue than with Planetside 2, and with Planetside 2 they let EU beta players stay with SOE. When it looked like european EQ2 players would be forced to switch to PSS1 the EQ2 forum ended up with a thread over one thousand pages long about people not wanting it. I can see similar protests happening which will hopefully result in allowances being made for people who want to stay with SOE for EQN.

The question regarding EU players using their SOE accounts for EQNext was asked in the final QA panel.

Dave Georgeson said that someone had started a petition over this, and that his email inbox was being flooded as a result. He asked people to please stop sending the mails, and promised that "they would talk about it when they get back to the office"  image

Don't stop sending the mails. SOE have clearly not decided to let legacy euro customers use their old SOE accounts for EQNext access, otherwise they would simply have given a clear answer to the question.

That's a business decision, the only thing Dave Georgeson can do is bring that petition to SOE/Sony exec and finance people and tell them that EU players are pissed off. He as got no power on the final answer.

• MaggonMaggon Member UncommonPosts: 360

That direct link doesn't work for me at all, just gives me an error :S 

Even so, I find it really odd, I don't got an account with this third party host, all my station cash is with SOE, and I know that if I make a ProSiebenSat.1 account it won't transfer to them, not to mention that their way of doing it seems really odd, I mean when you look at their beta registration site it says either "create an account" or "Are you a registered user? In that case you do not need to register. We will let you know about all updates and news, if you have configured your profile to receive the newsletter." So you can't even register for beta it seems :/?

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Originally posted by Darwa
    Originally posted by Wicoa

I completely understand mate. 

Being British, I have no 'need' to learn another language as English is the most widely spoken (I'm fairly fluent in German, and 'ok' in Spanish though). I can utterly appreciate why companies only tend to offer English, French, and German servers, but that's not fair on those that speak Portuguese, Greek, Italian etc and wish to converse in their Mother tongue. The costs and logistics of supporting the 24 officially recognised languages in the EU would be pretty mindblowing.

Having said that, it's not what PS1 does. They'll support the 'big 3' EU languages in the same way that SOE did, and let the other languages find their own homes.

Still, the biggest issue for me here is PS1 as a company. I've had 'issues' with them before and I'm not naive enough to think they wouldn't do it again.

However, I did read that they're aware of the potential EU players not being pleased with the situation, and would be discussing the issue further. 

I live in hope :)

Nice response m8.

I have played in Norwegan guilds who chatted in English or tried to even if they didnt know how.  What I come up against though is foreign languages where the community has no interest in getting along.  I even had a portugal national once call his other nationals asshats in a dungeon because they refused to try to get on with the others, they were insulting everyone in the dungeon including him. Not realising he spoke portu.

I agree that its impossible to provide all specific language servers. However I think it would be good if at least 1 server was named International (instead of English).

As I said in my response though this isn't a problem on the US servers. 

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Looks like they've strengthened the IP blocking, I now get the region redirect popup when I click the "Register for Beta" button. Previously I only got the popup later after I'd entered my login details on the beta registration screen.
  • ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by Nasa

I think the main reason SOE lets PS1 handle the games in EU is that PS1 do the translation to German and French, so SOE can focus on just making games, not translate them.

Those in SOE who would translate it would have nothing to do with the rest of the game making process. It would not make SOE less capible of making the game because they are not using resources from other departments.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    Looks like they've strengthened the IP blocking, I now get the region redirect popup when I click the "Register for Beta" button. Previously I only got the popup later after I'd entered my login details on the beta registration screen.

Oh wow. 

Have you managed to register at all yet?