Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bad News for EU Players

Comments

• BladeburBladebur Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

For info, the direct link is this:

https://account.station.sony.com/authenticated/beta/betaRegistration.action?betaId=17

That link worked for me and I was able to register for beta with my old SOE account.

However, for those that were equally lucky, keep in mind that if your account is flagged as EU account (that is, the non-editable 'country' field in your account profile is in the EU), you're not likely to be selected for beta. This is only speculation of course, but this flag is used by the DCUO client to ban Europe players even if you use a proxy or VPN, for example.

• VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407

well if they have partners like prosieben its awesome for the developers, they get free tv advert times. even bad games like majestia has still alot of players since prosieben is showing this game like 50 times a day.

Originally posted by Darwa
    I've added a link to the petition in the first post. As shown in the past, as far as the Everquest franchise is concerned, if enough people shout, SOE will listen.

Did SOE listen to a previous online petition regarding Everquest? I'm curious, what's the story?

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Reizla

https://account.station.sony.com/authenticated/beta/betaRegistration.action?betaId=17

That's indeed the site I was redirected to after I was on the "apply for beta" from the EQNext main page. Hope this one works for those who're still looping in the US/EU site pick.

Still doesn't work for me.

Cleared the browser cache, but when I click the "register for beta" button and login, I get the redirection popup because "my location is Netherlands". The login details aren't even processed, it looks like a simple IP block.

• sodade21sodade21 Member UncommonPosts: 349
    i dont understand... why me as a EU player would want to play at NA servers and get latency of 200-400ms in a game that it seems so action orientated ?? Whats wrong with different EU publisher/servers? they gonna get the same updates by the same DEvelopers right? what is the difference besides the latency? and how come Sony does not having their own EU servers already?
    Originally posted by sodade21
    i dont understand... why me as a EU player would want to play at NA servers and get latency of 200-400ms in a game that it seems so action orientated ?? Whats wrong with different EU publisher/servers? they gonna get the same updates by the same DEvelopers right? what is the difference besides the latency? and how come Sony does not having their own EU servers already?

You'd deal with the higher latency even in an action game if the alternative is ProSieben. Yes, they are THAT bad.

Sony did own their EU servers at some point in time. About the changes, nobody knows the reason for sure although it probably is as simple as money changing hands (the official answer: Pro7 has 'better support', yeah, right). But the end result is EU players need to deal with a bully publisher notorious for their technical incompetence, hostile customer support, and cash-grabbing unethical business practices.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    Originally posted by Bladebur
    I've added a link to the petition in the first post. As shown in the past, as far as the Everquest franchise is concerned, if enough people shout, SOE will listen.

Did SOE listen to a previous online petition regarding Everquest? I'm curious, what's the story?

Yup. Pretty much the same thing. They were originally going to force all EU EQ/EQ2 players to migrate to PS1, but they listened to the community outcry.

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

That link worked for me and I was able to register for beta with my old SOE account.

However, for those that were equally lucky, keep in mind that if your account is flagged as EU account (that is, the non-editable 'country' field in your account profile is in the EU), you're not likely to be selected for beta. This is only speculation of course, but this flag is used by the DCUO client to ban Europe players even if you use a proxy or VPN, for example.

It hasn't affected Dragons Prophet or Planetside 2.

SOE is allowing people to use existing SOE accounts with all SOE games, with the exception of DCUO, as they said the "ship has sailed" in regards to DCUO, as stated here (EQ next is not mentioned but that game was not live, plus they know full well the fall out of PSS1 so would be moronic to force existing SOE customers to PSS1 for EQN). People who have existing SOE accounts, will have the choice to use SOE or migrate to PSS1. New accounts only have to go to PSS1. Signing up for beta could be different, but I would say it is a glitch if existing SOE customers can not use their existing SOE accounts. After using the link I was able to sign up for beta, and not get the US/EU warning

DCUO is not a game to judge things by, as all that migration happened BEFORE SOE changed their minds. Planetside 2 would be a better comparison.

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

The direct link worked, though I notice this sign up is for ENQ Landmark, not EQN.

Originally posted by bobfish

The direct link worked, though I notice this sign up is for ENQ Landmark, not EQN.

Same thing mate. Read the email you 'should' have received by now :)

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by bobfish

Same thing mate. Read the email you 'should' have received by now :)

eMail contents I have received:

You have successfully applied to the EverQuest Next and EverQuest Next Landmark Beta programs. We'll be announcing more details on the betas as we get closer to the launches. Landmark is scheduled to launch this winter and EverQuest Next is still in the early stages of development with no announcement date set. When we are ready to begin allowing people into a beta program, if you are selected by SOE to participate, an acceptance email will be sent to your email address, and you will be asked to read and accept a Beta Testing Agreement.

For me the registration went for both. Hope you guys who made it will have the same confirmation ;)

• HanthosHanthos Member UncommonPosts: 242
    Originally posted by Smikis

actions like this one always puzzled me, why would you need someone else to care for your game ,

arguably it might be reasonable for small company, but for international company and one that is as big as sony, i cant find words to express how puzzled i am, let alone single proper reason

Just a hunch, but I would think that by selling out the service to a third party, Sony doesn't have to deal with the VAT or any regulation of or by the EU. That becomes the responsibility of the third party. All Sony does is stand back and collect a slightly smaller fee without all the hassle.

• ThrennieThrennie Member UncommonPosts: 107

VPN works fine. My own account did go through for the Beta signup even though it is set to UK and was previously going through that EU partner page. The one I used was justfreevpn as there's no program that needs to be installed. All setup is explained in links from the following page  http://www.justfreevpn.com/

If untrustred to go though a VPN for your main account then best thing would be to create a new account through there and then join beta with that.

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    Guys, try with Opera. Got mail confirmation last night about successful sign-up for beta. When I tried again in Chrome, I got popup and everytime I click US nothing happens, but in Opera I got message that my account is already signed for beta.

Now ProSieben said, in the @EQNEU twitter account, that all ProSieben accounts are automatically signed up for the Everquest Next beta.

They still should fix their web page because the message there is completely unclear.

Now ProSieben said, in the @EQNEU twitter account, that all ProSieben accounts are automatically signed up for the Everquest Next beta.

They still should fix their web page because the message there is completely unclear.

Great marketing tactic !

Of course, being "signed up for beta" means absolutely nothing. It's getting the invite that's important.

True. To be fair, getting through the SOE US process doesn't mean you get an invite either. 

If I'm honest, I just don't believe them.

Then again, I don't believe anything they say :/

• OrbaLinkOrbaLink Member Posts: 3
    I'm really liking what I am seeing but if I could only play it through PSS1 then I really see myself giving it a miss.
  • ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 758
    Don't give up, trying. I was trying all ways yesterday, using my existing account with my real IP, or using Hotspot Shield and Tunnelbear VPNs. Then tried creating a new account with a VPN and giving the USA as my location. Somehow or other the system still redirected me to the EU site everytime. Even an hour ago it didn't work using the direct link given in this thread. Then, a few minutes ago, I tried one more time with my existing account and normal IP, I got accepted to the main betas and received the confirmation email.
  • OrbaLinkOrbaLink Member Posts: 3
    One thing which might help with people trying to get SOE to allow european players to stay with SOE is that I am expecting to see far more noise over the issue than with Planetside 2, and with Planetside 2 they let EU beta players stay with SOE.

When it looked like european EQ2 players would be forced to switch to PSS1 the EQ2 forum ended up with a thread over one thousand pages long about people not wanting it. I can see similar protests happening which will hopefully result in allowances being made for people who want to stay with SOE for EQN.
  • TheAmazingDwarfTheAmazingDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 234
    You can still use your station account or the prosieben1 account with EQ2, but the important thing is that you can choose to play on the US or EU servers. As for DCUO, for instance, I had to link my station account to a ps1 one and I have to use the ps1 client, but I can once again choose to play either on US or EU servers. I think with Planetside 2 works the same way. Maybe they will use the same policy regarding EQN.

My FFXIV ARR referral code for new EU accounts: 5JPF7ZQ3
    Step into the amazing world of Eorzea! Use this reference code on a new account and we'll both get goodies for it!

• ogineckaoginecka Member CommonPosts: 2

If you are a ProSieben customer, can you still play on an US server with SOE customers?

If not I am really disappointed.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959
    Originally posted by Thrennie

VPN works fine. My own account did go through for the Beta signup even though it is set to UK and was previously going through that EU partner page. The one I used was justfreevpn as there's no program that needs to be installed. All setup is explained in links from the following page  http://www.justfreevpn.com/

If untrustred to go though a VPN for your main account then best thing would be to create a new account through there and then join beta with that.

Finally this one works. Sadly, now I finally got it working.... I am getting the message that the Beta is FULL!!  "#$%"$%"$"!#

Feck this. :-(

Originally posted by OrbaLink
    One thing which might help with people trying to get SOE to allow european players to stay with SOE is that I am expecting to see far more noise over the issue than with Planetside 2, and with Planetside 2 they let EU beta players stay with SOE. When it looked like european EQ2 players would be forced to switch to PSS1 the EQ2 forum ended up with a thread over one thousand pages long about people not wanting it. I can see similar protests happening which will hopefully result in allowances being made for people who want to stay with SOE for EQN.

The question regarding EU players using their SOE accounts for EQNext was asked in the final QA panel.

Dave Georgeson said that someone had started a petition over this, and that his email inbox was being flooded as a result. He asked people to please stop sending the mails, and promised that "they would talk about it when they get back to the office"  image

Don't stop sending the mails. SOE have clearly not decided to let legacy euro customers use their old SOE accounts for EQNext access, otherwise they would simply have given a clear answer to the question.