Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Last 9 hour predictions: Predict biggest "omg yes" and biggest "omg no"

hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465

With only around 9 hours left -- Predict what will be THE biggest thing to rejoice about in Everquest Next

But also predict what the biggest "omg no" will be too

Use this thread as your bragging tool come 12 hours from now or during the weekend

AKA: The biggest thing people will get hyped about will be..

And the biggest thing people are whining about will be..

Comments

• AtomicAtomic Member UncommonPosts: 46

omg yes: its everquest

omg no:  release date 2015

people will be hyped about: combat

people will whine about: its not a sandbox

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

The biggest thing people will get hyped about will be: total change of direction compared to the traditional MMOs and previous EQ

And the biggest thing people are whining about will be: total change of direction compared to the traditional MMOs and previous EQ

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    I can't wait to see how the PvP vs PvE debate that been going on here lately, strikes up after the reveal.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    I can't wait to see how the PvP vs PvE debate that been going on here lately, strikes up after the reveal.

I think if it fits a Themepark or Sandbox label will be the biggest argument/discussion

Followed by if they explain with 100% honesty what players can buy from the cash shop.. Because if they say "You can buy really good/the best equipment with real cash" people will flip their tables

• megaraxmegarax Member UncommonPosts: 269

Yes: It's released on the PS4

No: It's released on the PS4. All the dumbed down, I wont play, sub 100$ pc spec whine will get tiresome.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Worst scenario would be OW PvP shite, best would be Everquest as Everquest should be.
  • ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182
    At the keynote speech they brought on a NVIDA guy on that said NVIDA is working close with SOE to make something incredible, that they didnt think possible at first :)
  • TheBigDRCTheBigDRC Member Posts: 162

I can already smell the blood . . .

You know what's fun about chaos? I do, but I won't tell.

• grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153

OMG Yes!: Being able to create your own in game items, and stock them in your own in game shop.

OMG No!: Getting nickled and dimed by the cash shop to support above activity (probably won't be known for a while still).

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844

Omg yes! its a role playing game.

Omg no! its not.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by Arcona
    At the keynote speech they brought on a NVIDA guy on that said NVIDA is working close with SOE to make something incredible, that they didnt think possible at first :)

I hope for their own good that they work with ATI/AMD too, since they share the gaming GPU market almost 50/50 with nVidia, with actually a small advantage to AMD in 2013 for now.

If they want it to work on the PS4 they will have to work with ATI/AMD, that's what is under the hood of the console.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614

OMG YES!! - Fully fleshed out PvE centric sandbox that is old school in a way without hand holding features (still with optional PvP)

OMG NO!!!! - 2 things, lol sorry but 2.  First is PvP centric sandbox and the 2nd is player created content is the MAJORITY and main content of the game instead of just a supplement or addition.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

"omg yes" - in addition to whatever next-generation gameplay, EQN will keep the type of core multi-person PvE endgame that has kept EQ1 going for 15 years and EQ2 for 10.

"omg no" - no ratonga.     (i would be sooooo sad)

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• klagmireklagmire Member UncommonPosts: 95
    Originally posted by hMJem

I think if it fits a Themepark or Sandbox label will be the biggest argument/discussion

Followed by if they explain with 100% honesty what players can buy from the cash shop.. Because if they say "You can buy really good/the best equipment with real cash" people will flip their tables

I pretty much agree, I think the fervor has been that its going to be a sandbox. The thempark fanbois are up in arms!.

And with a sandbox game,if its going to suceed, It needs open world PVP. Thats also driving people crazy. I personally love open world PVP with LOTS of players. Not this 5 on 5  instanced arena crap.

Played:SWG(pre NGE/CU sucked)Yep its true, anyone who quit SWG because of the NGE/CU missed out on a much better combat system. DCUO, Fallen Earth, STO, The Secret World. Battlefield series. Planetside 2. Still playing SWG.

• Aldous.HuxleyAldous.Huxley Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418
    Just wait until everyone finds out that the crafting mini game plays just like Cooking Mama Online...
  • Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999

OMG YES - OWPVP strictly controlled by faction, no ffa.

OMG NO - Any thing slightly resembing quest hubs.

Since Smed already said multiple times EQN would be a Sandbox with heavy focus on pvp you pve peeps might want to make a stiff drink prior to the info dump.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

My "OMG" predition is that there won't really be anything "OMG" about this game.

I'm betting SoE is going to play it safe more than not and in the end will end up with a pretty good MMO. But that's probably about it. Just a pretty good MMO. It will have an over hyped successful launch, then quickly fall into it's own core player base retaining a percentage of regulars, and become the next "Also-Ran" where it will continue to have fanboys and haters arguing over how big the active population really is.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by Saxx0n

heavy focus on pvp you pve peeps might want to make a stiff drink prior to the info dump.

I've seen multiple people refer to Smed as saying "EQN will have a heavy focus on PvP", but i don't remember ever seeing or hearing any such thing.  Do you happen to have a link to where he said this?   Multiple people are quoting it, so it's gotta be out there somewhere.

I remember last year at SOE live he said something along the lines of "We love sandbox content, like PvP in Planetside 2", but I wouldn't interpret that as saying "EQN will have a PvP focus".   Anyhow, not trying to be an ass or anything, just want to know the exact quote that everyone's talking about.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• czombieczombie Member Posts: 82

omg yes: User-generated content will be a huge part of this game, allowing people who enjoy open-world PvP to create their own "zones" for this to happen in.  There will also be the ability to create many types of "games" within the game, a la LittleBigPlanet. Crafting will be as good as or better than Star Wars Galaxies, with lots of possible available professions, and crafted items will be meaningful and highly valued by players.

omg no: There will still be PvE themepark elements to the game.  This is Everquest, after all.  The continued success of WoW despite being decried by MMO purists as themepark hell nearly guarantees this.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

omg no:

zones, not open world

phasing for groups and individuals in zones

(and that's how they will solved the conundrum of pvp-v-pve)

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by TheBigDRC

I can already smell the blood . . .

the REALmothaf'n pvp.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    Originally posted by arieste
    Originally posted by Saxx0n

heavy focus on pvp you pve peeps might want to make a stiff drink prior to the info dump.

I've seen multiple people refer to Smed as saying "EQN will have a heavy focus on PvP", but i don't remember ever seeing or hearing any such thing.  Do you happen to have a link to where he said this?   Multiple people are quoting it, so it's gotta be out there somewhere.

I remember last year at SOE live he said something along the lines of "We love sandbox content, like PvP in Planetside 2", but I wouldn't interpret that as saying "EQN will have a PvP focus".   Anyhow, not trying to be an ass or anything, just want to know the exact quote that everyone's talking about.

Smed tweeted this and I quoted it exactly I believe and I am not fishing thru his twitter postings to find it.

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053

EQn will be the biggest non-linear game most of you will ever see...

Thus, most gamer's today, will become frustrated at no centralization and get nervous at the wild-wild-west openness of the game..

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon

• GraeyGraey Member UncommonPosts: 281
    Originally posted by Arcona

hahaha....just had to post. Love the signature...you can put so much dialog in that cat's head. HAHAHAHA!!!!

• Princess.ClaudePrincess.Claude Member UncommonPosts: 65
    omg no: forced OW pvp, wack-a-mole combat, bad character design/animations, static world, loading screen between zones.