Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeremy soule is the composer

DarkVergilDarkVergil Member Posts: 73
Rejoice.

Comments

• Trudge34Trudge34 Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Guy who did Skyrim for those that don't know.

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
    Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
    Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
    80 Sylvari Ranger

• dandurindandurin Member UncommonPosts: 498
    The score was awesome, I have to say.
  • Excalaber2Excalaber2 Member UncommonPosts: 360
    Really epic music!  Wish there was a little throwback in there though...maybe other parts will be :)

Disclaimer: This is not a troll post and is not here to promote any negative energy. Although this may be a criticism, it is not meant to offend anyone. If a moderator feels the post is inappropriate, please remove it immediately before it is subject to consideration for a warning. Thank you.

• StrumikerStrumiker Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Glad he's on board, but really wish it would have been an epic version of the previous EverQuest musics. I'm sure the rest of the game's music will be awesome.
  • VhayneVhayne Member UncommonPosts: 632
    Had a tear form up when listening to that music.  I guess I just envisioned myself hearing it for years to come like I did the original EQ.  It was beautiful.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
  • kruluxkrulux Member Posts: 229

I really enjoy Jeremy Soule's work..

I'd like to see them use Malukah to sing something... beautiful voice, beautiful person.

Blog: malukah.com
    Twitter: twitter.com/malukah
    Facebook: facebook.com/malukah7

• LorskaLorska Member UncommonPosts: 74
    Not just Skyrim, but Morrowind, Oblivion, Guild Wars 1 and 2, a whole lot of stuff. 
  • NagelRitterNagelRitter Member Posts: 607
    Originally posted by DarkVergil
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zzgrFFnavY For the score.

Damn. Bookmarked...

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

I don't usually get hyped, lessons learned and all that...

But I truly hope this game is the one many of us have waited for for so long.

I hope this is the one to tingle those old feelings of yesteryear's magic.

/hyped!

/hoped!

/corpse

:p

• killahhkillahh Member UncommonPosts: 445
    Ahh, malukah, spent a night with that song of hers and a few other Nordic songs on a loop playing skyrim.
    :)

over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting...

• NagelRitterNagelRitter Member Posts: 607
    Originally posted by Lorska
    Not just Skyrim, but Morrowind, Oblivion, Guild Wars 1 and 2, a whole lot of stuff. 

I hate that NWN which I consider his best is always forgotten: -_-

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

• buckeyebuckeye Member UncommonPosts: 70

Not impressed. The score sounds like a spin off of Willy Wonka's "Pure Imagination".

Should have saved their money and stuck with the EQ remastered intro-----100x better.

@killahh - she is awesome.  I don't really believe in reincarnation... but damnit, Malukah was a real bard in a lifetime past.  Her smile is mesmerizing.  Her voice is timeless.  

I am a guitarist, not great but decent.  If I could sing like her, I'd never have to pick up the guitar again. :p

• bendwc10bendwc10 Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Music was great.  I'm kind of glad they didn't use the EQ and EQ II theme music.  Seems while they want to take things from the previous games, which is a good thing,  it's a sense they want to take this to another level.   At least it better.  They have had almost 14 years of experience with MMOS .
  • IadienIadien Member UncommonPosts: 638
    Originally posted by bendwc10
    Music was great.  I'm kind of glad they didn't use the EQ and EQ II theme music.  Seems while they want to take things from the previous games, which is a good thing,  it's a sense they want to take this to another level.   At least it better.  They have had almost 14 years of experience with MMOS .

I agree completely.

I love the piece so far.

• Branko2307Branko2307 Member UncommonPosts: 346
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdZyKLi55V0    Master efin piece <3 Jeremy Soul

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum!! ~Planescape: Torment~

• xyagentguyxyagentguy Member Posts: 78
    I also found it to be a bit too reminiscent of Willy Wonka, I heard it even before another poster mentioned it.  BUT - I'm not saying it isn't beautiful.  It is.  I loved it.  That highest violin note hit all the right tingly spots.  Some of the best MMO score I've ever heard.
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,865
    This is awesome news and the song was epic. 
  • bendwc10bendwc10 Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Originally posted by NagelRitter
    Originally posted by Lorska

I hate that NWN which I consider his best is always forgotten: -_-

Thanks for the links.  Wow.  I played NWN way back then, but never knew that.   I never really took the time to look up the composers of such musical scores.  Just was into the music.  Like Baldur's Gate II theme music

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    I like it.
  • ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    Originally posted by DarkVergil
    Rejoice.

Awesome!

What little bit we heard sound very nice to my ears.

But as Jeremy said and the beginning of the piece.. work in progress.  The score is not finished by a long shot.  A full orchestrated piece can have dozens of layered parts.  He will deliver, he is a master orchestrator.

I think a lot of those that don't appreciate it vs the originals.. yet, associate the old themes with memories of EQ/EQ2.  I know I feel a fat ton of nostalgia when I hear the original intro scores.

I'm sure the new score will do us fine also.  /hope!

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    I think I like it better than the original actually, this one is more gentle, more fantasy like, more mysterious. It's lovely.