Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TenTonHammer ups the ante today

dandurindandurin Member UncommonPosts: 498

.... you’re going to wonder why everyone else at the convention is walking around in a daze with a slack-jawed look on their face for the next few days. Yes, the shock really will be that great. While we can’t say anything about what we saw, I will clearly state here that I predict EverQuest Next will be as much of a game changer as the original EverQuest was. Feel free to quote me on that any time.

This, on top of  MMORPg's "head and shoulders above" and "pants pooping" and TTH's "hands down the best game" pretty much has me bewildered.

What can this beast be?  Discuss.

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

I think we are going to laugh. I know I will be.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Some will be crying as well.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514

Well, with the overselling it that these couple sites are doing, they better hope it shocks and amazes, or they lose a lot of credibility from their journalists(whether they had any to start with is debatable for individuals).

I would like to believe that sites that depend upon their reader-base would not be so dumb as to promise people a turkey dinner and then give them a can of sardines.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by waynejr2
    Originally posted by Foomerang I think we are going to laugh. I know I will be.

Hopefully tears of joy hehe ;)

Id hate to see people seriously upset over this.

• dandurindandurin Member UncommonPosts: 498
    Originally posted by Lokero

Well, with the overselling it that these couple sites are doing, they better hope it shocks and amazes, or they lose a lot of credibility from their journalists(whether they had any to start with is debatable for individuals).

I would like to believe that sites that depend upon their reader-base would not be so dumb as to promise people a turkey dinner and then give them a can of sardines.

...as much of a game changer as the original EverQuest was. Feel free to quote me on that any time.

That's basically staking their reputation on this.  Amazing.

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514

I think I've figured out the mystery, dandurin.  And, it also explains why we've seen no video leaks, etc.

(drum roll)

The game world is entirely VR(Virtual Reality).  You don't just play this game, you live it!

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643

I saw that.  I thought of posting it here, but honestly the responses are going to be predictable.

One person will say that it's exciting.

Another well say wait and see, we don't know yet.

Another will say Ten Ton Hammer is bought by SOE.

Another will say Ten Ton Hammer is a legitimate source and will take a serious cred hit if wrong.

Then the rest of thread will be variations of this, including MMO experience and EQ history lessons.

We have one day left.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    It HAS to be something to do with stroybricks.
  • OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Heard this all before on the past 20 so called game changers, epic mmorpgs, and wow killer claims from multiple game companies, blog writers, and game web sites. I will be the judge of this one, still no hype on my end, I have been highly disappointed at the garbage coming into the industry this last 5+ years.
  • XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Action pong, with avatars out of the new stylized picture!

• MrBum21MrBum21 Member UncommonPosts: 405
    I hope this is another trading card game, like Blizzard did with that Hearthstone crap.  Every one was expecting the epicness of project Titan, and they get the love childe of Warcraft and Pokémon.  That has to be one of the greatest troll ever by a game company.

the missing link in a chain of destruction.

All spelling and typographical errors are based soely on the fact that i just dont care. If you must point out my lack of atention to detail, please do it with a smile.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Onomas
    Heard this all before on the past 20 so called game changers, epic mmorpgs, and wow killer claims from multiple game companies, blog writers, and game web sites. I will be the judge of this one, still no hype on my end, I have been highly disappointed at the garbage coming into the industry this last 5+ years.

What they said (that is worth anything at least) is that it will be rather different from the earlier 2 EQ games.

That is actually pretty interesting, while a large percentage of all new ideas are less than great the genre really need some new perspective and fresh ideas. Can SOE actually deliver that without having an unplayable game they might be on the right path.

I will not be hyped up until I know more of course but I will follow the information we get this weekend with interest.

• MrBum21MrBum21 Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Originally posted by Loke666

I will not be hyped up until I know more of course but I will follow the information we get this weekend with interest.

Come on! this is the best time to get hyped.  when you don't have the facts you can just make stuff up.  Like I am excited because this is a sci-fi/fantasy blend where elves come from space, and dwarf type things are made from genetic engineered tree roots.

sure, there is hopefully no basis in what I just said, but I can still be hyped about it because the chance is still there :)

the missing link in a chain of destruction.

All spelling and typographical errors are based soely on the fact that i just dont care. If you must point out my lack of atention to detail, please do it with a smile.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by korr
    Originally posted by Loke666

Come on! this is the best time to get hyped.  when you don't have the facts you can just make stuff up.  Like I am excited because this is a sci-fi/fantasy blend where elves come from space, and dwarf type things are made from genetic engineered tree roots.

sure, there is hopefully no basis in what I just said, but I can still be hyped about it because the chance is still there :)

Don't let logic bring you down and go for it. ;)

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    Well, I was honestly 50/50 on this, and since I liked VG/EQ, and some other comments, I am 55/45 maybe in favor of thinking it may be something I will like and want to play....I was tempted to say 60/40, but I don't think I am really there yet. 
  • thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368
    I think it depends on who they are developing the game for, the target audience. If they are trying to appeal to the mainstream, like SWTOR and many others recently, the game might be an interesting distraction for few months, but most people will probably move on shortly after. On the other hand, if they are developing for a niche, it might not find a huge audience, but more dedicated one. Short-term revenues vs. dedicated fanbase, a tough call for a company trying to make a buck in either case. You will always end up disappointing someone.

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

• mcast1234mcast1234 Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Originally posted by Onomas

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Chances of this living up to the hype, almost 0%.

It's annoying games companies think we are completely brain dead.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by dandurin

.... you’re going to wonder why everyone else at the convention is walking around in a daze with a slack-jawed look on their face for the next few days. Yes, the shock really will be that great. While we can’t say anything about what we saw, I will clearly state here that I predict EverQuest Next will be as much of a game changer as the original EverQuest was. Feel free to quote me on that any time.

This, on top of  MMORPg's "head and shoulders above" and "pants pooping" and TTH's "hands down the best game" pretty much has me bewildered.

What can this beast be?  Discuss.

I think TTH has already shown how interested it is in the game by creating http://www.eqhammer.com/main shortly after seeing the EQN footage at E3.

• ManakarManakar Member UncommonPosts: 110

If its a themepark mmorpg I won't cry but it will be like being in a bad (hoping it gets better) relationship for years and know its over and time to end that relationship..  It will be more of a fresh relief after its over..

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I'm glad I'm a child of the 60's... getting my mind blown is just routine old hat for me... bring it on SOE! image
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

I don't usually take joy about people getting upset but with so many hype and so little information everyone and his grandmother is making their own EQN inside their heads, loads of people are going to be upset, it's unavoidable right now.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

I know the secret:

EQ Next will be the world's first MMO entirely made out of cookies

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271

That's some really outrageous hyperbole there, anyone has any clue what this incredible innovation is going to be?

I doubt they'd be saying these things if it was just a PS4 release, which is expected anyway.

I heard some stuff about VR, how much of that is baloney?

• marmagmarmag Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Originally posted by DocBrody

I know the secret:

EQ Next will be the world's first MMO entirely made out of cookies

...and without loot ... hmm it sounds epic.

You fall on the floor from a sky naked and you start looking for a cookies.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614

Good to know you're going into it with an open mind at least........