Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Two Million People Have Played Neverwinter

2»

Comments

• BezerkinBezerkin Member UncommonPosts: 5

Not sure if this matters but I read this thread and was just kind of disappointed in most the posts.  Yes I expected more and yes I want more but I think the frame for an outstanding game exists.  Dungeons and Dragons has never really pandered to the masses and once again they are staying true to form.  How many people need to play for someone to be interested.  The popularity in Europe is also overlooked.  Most the people in my guild that play this game are European or Australian it's weird but true.  I like the idea that Perfect World started with and I play a couple days a week for an hour or two.  I would play more but without more classes and races I probably won't...yet.  I would also like to see portions of the game provide a more open experience.

If PW added the following it would pretty much cement me as a long time player.

Classes - RANGER, PALADIN, WARLOCK, WARLORD, DRUID, SORCERER, MONK, BARD and ASSASSIN.  

Races - Dragonborn, Eladrin and Gnomes!

The gameplay is good, the quests are good enough and the Foundry (genius) allows those of us to see what our DM friend has up his sleeve this week.  

I get sick of the constant negativity, if you paid money for a founder pack without liking the game, become wiser with your money and invest in a game that you do like.  When you rent a bad movie do you demand itunes return your money or that the production company remake the movie?  It's a stretch but not by much.  

D & D has always been about the community, I played P&P, Several console and PC games and the other D&D MMO.  I enjoyed them all because they shared something that these other games don't have and will most likely never have.  They have real lore, not something created on the backs of all the other games.  This world was created by minds that were inspired by great fantasy novelists and it shows almost 40 years later the title evokes feelings that no others can!

Does everyone remember when you bought a game for 50 bucks and it suck then you just tossed it?  At least PW is trying to make a better gaming experience, just like the rest of these video game companies.

- Squishmitten -

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    And  1,999,999 have left in anger over mountains of bugs, exploiters, and piss poor customer service.
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by RollieJoe
    Two million people played, 1,975,000 of them quit after realizing the game was nothing more than another cash grab brought to you by PWE and Craptic.

This ^^.

/endthread

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

With the death of the sub model, we may never again have meaningful metrics to judge how 'well" a MMO is really doing, outside of perhaps overall revenue/profit the company generates with it.

I suppose number of active servers could be used, but even there technology is changing to make that concept obsolete as well.

I know there as some metrics such as concurrently users online or what have you, but not sure companies are going to be very willing to share those figures.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by Burntvet
    Originally posted by RollieJoe
    Two million people played, 1,975,000 of them quit after realizing the game was nothing more than another cash grab brought to you by PWE and Craptic.

This ^^.

/endthread

Yeah, I agree. I played for 10 minutes and didn't like it so how many more of that 2 million are like me. It's all about sustainment not the number who tried it.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    That's actually pretty low considering GW2 has actually sold more copies. Granted its been out longer but when you factor in just the gold sellers that seems pretty low.