Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Two Million People Have Played Neverwinter

TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

According to this video, two million people have played Neverwinter. That has to be some kind of record for a Cryptic game. :-)

Great Jorb Guys!

Maybe not. I might have borked the video link. The video is from Cryptic BTW, not some random individual.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Nadia
    relatedhttp://www.polygon.com/2013/7/30/4571180/neverwinter-reaches-two-million-players

Related? They're practically sisters!

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Well, I guess if you keep buying-up well known IP's and rapidly making largely generic MMO's based on those IP's, sooner or later something will stick...

I'm intrigued to know what Cryptic will churn out next. We probably don't have too long to wait before they launch their next game. Didn't they commit to a 2-year development cycle for their MMO's ?

• kiernkiern Member UncommonPosts: 428

Sure. But keep in mind, 2 million people having played it is not the same as other games having 2 million subscribers.  It just means that 2 million people have created free accounts and played to some extent.  That number would still include all the people that tried it,  didn't like it, and and no longer play.  It also includes all the gold farmers that create multiple new accounts every day so that they can spam the chat channel.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

So you make a free Dungeons & Dragons game for anyone with a pc and you're bragging about 2 million?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Originally posted by Foomerang

So you make a free Dungeons & Dragons game for anyone with a pc and you're bragging about 2 million?

What do you expect? this is a f2p publisher we are talking about. remember when snail games  claimed age of wushu have over 100 million players? 2 million players registered account and how many f them are from same gold farmer? and how many of them are from a pure f2p player who wants to live his life as a astral diamond grinder?  

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Two million people played, 1,975,000 of them quit after realizing the game was nothing more than another cash grab brought to you by PWE and Craptic.

Originally posted by jesteralways
    Originally posted by Foomerang So you make a free Dungeons & Dragons game for anyone with a pc and you're bragging about 2 million?
    What do you expect? this is a f2p publisher we are talking about. remember when snail games  claimed age of wushu have over 100 million players? 2 million players registered account and how many f them are from same gold farmer? and how many of them are from a pure f2p player who wants to live his life as a astral diamond grinder?  

I just dont get it. You have one of the most recognized IPs in gaming. And you launch it on a platform that has an installed userbase in the billions. And you you are literally giving it away. Honestly, Id be embarrassed to tell people I only had 2 million bites.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560

Originally posted by Foomerang So you make a free Dungeons & Dragons game for anyone with a pc and you're bragging about 2 million?

I just dont get it. You have one of the most recognized IPs in gaming. And you launch it on a platform that has an installed userbase in the billions. And you you are literally giving it away. Honestly, Id be embarrassed to tell people I only had 2 million bites.

Embarrassed? PWE and cryptic? they sell a mount for 60$ in store and say "the price is fine" without a single bit of shame. they sell gambling packs for 30$ that 99% time only give potion and they say "it is random" without shame. you are expecting cockroach to act like tiger here. 

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

Originally posted by Foomerang   Originally posted by jesteralways Originally posted by Foomerang So you make a free Dungeons & Dragons game for anyone with a pc and you're bragging about 2 million?
    Embarrassed? PWE and cryptic? they sell a mount for 60$ in store and say "the price is fine" without a single bit of shame. they sell gambling packs for 30$ that 99% time only give potion and they say "it is random" without shame. you are expecting cockroach to act like tiger here. 

haha oh man. Yeah I guess you're right ;)
  • ReehayReehay Member Posts: 172

rofl exactly... in the hands of a AAA game developer, dungeons and dragons could be amazing. Instead you get Neverwinter... mediocre and generic cut and paste content .. over and over and over...

but hey they let you roll dice at character creation..THAT MAKES IT D&D RIGHT GUYS?!?!?! lol fail

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • VoqarVoqar Member UncommonPosts: 510
    I guess it's kind of like a car or train wreck.  People want to check it out for themselves even though they know it's a horrific mess.

Premium MMORPGs do not feature built-in cheating via cash for gold pay 2 win. PLAY to win or don't play.

• zwei2zwei2 Member Posts: 361
    these type of numbers are just hilarious. Same as those china website claiming GW2 has 2.5 million active players

The possibility of the universe collapsing into a singularity is higher than the birth of a perfect MMORPG.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Voqar
    I guess it's kind of like a car or train wreck.  People want to check it out for themselves even though they know it's a horrific mess.

That's why I tried it. Everyone said it was so bad I wanted to make up my own mind. After two attempts to get into the game I finally gave up and deleted the game. I did learn I don't like heavily instanced games like that and wont try another.

• GeevesGeeves Member UncommonPosts: 149
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989

The best part of all is that they designed the game so poorly. I was able to breeze through the entire game and "complete" it without ever spending a dime in the cash shop. Not only did they fail in pricing their game but they failed in making it increasingly difficult for players who didn't feed into the cash shop. 

Can't tell if serious.

MUNDO!!

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989

The best part of all is that they designed the game so poorly. I was able to breeze through the entire game and "complete" it without ever spending a dime in the cash shop. Not only did they fail in pricing their game but they failed in making it increasingly difficult for players who didn't feed into the cash shop. 

You probably just don't fit the target profile.

It almost feels like the leveling speed is so fast to increase the pressure to buy stuff. By accelerating you through levels, you quickly end up in a situation where you run out of bag space because your carrying 2 or 3 different "levels" of potions, runes, scrolls and whatnot. Many people find it too difficult to simply delete things, so they buy extra bags.

The quicker you get to level cap, the quicker you become a candidate for the "rune upgrade grind". Those that do start that path almost inevitably feed the Cash Shop one way or another, because the grind is staggering. If you play 4 to 6 hours per day (or more) you can avoid spending money, but that puts you outside of the target group anyway.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Grats, too bad registered users does not = amount of players.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

imageimage

• cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445

I am sure over 2m people played it. Me and all my friends played it for a week or so too.

Is anyone playing now? Nope...

Another failed IP by cryptic,...

• zimmy910zimmy910 Member UncommonPosts: 190

I am one of the 2 million :D. Played for about 1 - 2 hrs (can't quite remember). Didn't like it and never came back ...

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by lizardbones

According to this video, two million people have played Neverwinter.

Then they quit.. haha only messing..

• LanessarLanessar Member Posts: 87

I highly doubt those are current players. I was a Sucker of the North in a guild with 300 members, also alpha-tested the game. It had a lot of promise before Open Beta, but the developers did their typical song and dance and ruined the base points in the game fixing stuff to prevent exploits (many of which existed in the games prior, and several of which were reported in Alpha, repeatedly).

They drove off some of the best content creators I've seen in a while with how they handled the Foundry (few people played the stuff save as an AD reward, so their longer and more involved storylines wouldn't get playtime. The rewards from Foundry are laughable at best, and attempting to level in Foundry content takes five times longer than the dev-made storyline, making it useless. It's also useless for level 60's due to scaling issues for the mobs and trap damage, as well as almost no reward.

Of the 200 friends I had from alpha, three of them still play (and may just be logging in for pray-AD). Of the 300 guildmates, 14 are still active within the last 20 days. Again, some of those are pray-AD types.

And now they're begging me to return to the game with promises of items and stuff, if I return before the Feywild expansion hits. That's not something a healthy game does (especially since the stuff they are giving away, while trivial, is stuff they sell in their shop). I'd be willing to bet that they have a player base (actually active) of around 10,000. Most of the areas are ghost-towns. There have just been so many broken promises with the game by the developers themselves (new class 1 month after release! Drow 60 days after launch! Foundry will give rewards equal to dev-made content! Regular content updates! And the list goes on) that your cash cows just moved onto something not so...

Broken.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Originally posted by lizardbones

According to this video, two million people have played Neverwinter. That has to be some kind of record for a Cryptic game. :-)

Great Jorb Guys!

Maybe not. I might have borked the video link. The video is from Cryptic BTW, not some random individual.

Sure, I think two million people have played Neverwinter. However, I think about 20K are still playing Neverwinter. So good on them for finding a way to paint a positive penny after the a-bomb dropped.