Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Omeed's cryptic tweet 7/31

ZarriyaZarriya Member UncommonPosts: 446

/facepalm....discuss

It shows the empty wall where the Gabor Szikszai painting was and Omeed tweets "For people who are paying VERY close attention, this is relevant. "

Comments

• ZarriyaZarriya Member UncommonPosts: 446
    ty nadia i was editing as you posted
  • ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

zomg, they threw the painting in the garbage based on all the feedback and have designed EQN to look normally instead of that cartoony s**t!

or more likely - painting will be given away at SOE Live.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• DeolusDeolus Member UncommonPosts: 392

Maybe putting the bow string on the correct side of her arm as they have done on the official site.

• DudehogDudehog Member Posts: 112
    It's a board with a list of all the new and innovative ideas that will be in EQN.
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

EQN = blank slate where players will decide what the game is like!

EQN = a hanger which metaphorically speaking will allow people to hang all types of coats onto!

EQN = just like the picture that was here has now been scrapped and we're starting over!

EQN = after seeing what people are speculating we've realized that the MMO player base will never be pleased with anything so we give up and are shutting down. Picture will be on ebay after tomorrow's announcement!

EQN = A beacon of light in the darkness and is the savior of MMOs!

EQN = a board game! The future is tabletop suckas. #dealwithit

EQN = someone vandalized our lobby, and that's not cool. You know who you are, turn yourself in.

EQN = has relocated a bunch of their stuff because they're getting ready to reveal EQN!

• LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417

Their cleaning firm, together with NACSA - North American Cleaning & Sanitation Agency, is currently on a strike which resulted in a temporary cleaning solution. Due to lack of space, essentially the EQNext team had to move down two floors effective immediately. Naturally, they couldn't just leave their favorite painting behind. No fear though, they'll get back their floor in a week or two, or so they've been told anyhow..

As for the actual meaning of the tweet, there is none. It's entire reason is to spook with all of the fans who are closely watching their countdown timers to the reveal.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Is it the light at the end of the tunnel ?
  • DudehogDudehog Member Posts: 112

In the beginning of EQN Black Box teaser video you can see what looks like the same wall with the bottom of a poster showing. I can't make out the writing on the poster, so I have no idea if it's relevant or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuuRIVm3YGg&feature=player_detailpage&t=8

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by Rusque

EQN = a hanger which metaphorically speaking will allow people to hang all types of coats onto!

EQN=a hanger from which SOE or its fans will find themselves hanging with so much speculative rope.

*fixed.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• munx4555munx4555 Member Posts: 169
    Blank Canvas to represent a true sandbox mmorpg?
  • TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    This is where the wild goose goes.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    They downsized and one of the guys who got let go took it with him?
  • BearKnightBearKnight Member CommonPosts: 461

After the outrage from the "Artwork" they burned it in a sacrificial ceremony. The ashes will be presented for fans to pee on at SOE Live.

Just speculation of course.....    c:

• mos0811mos0811 Member Posts: 173
    So here's my take: they have taken down the scripted madness from EQ1 & EQ2 and they are leaving a blank slate for players to create their own masterpiece.  Gone are the days where someone paints a picture for us.  Live on open world PvP.
  • Afro-ThunderAfro-Thunder Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Originally posted by Dudehog
    It's a board with a list of all the new and innovative ideas that will be in EQN.

I lol'ed

Seriously, I think its because the painting will be given away at SOE Live...

• ZarriyaZarriya Member UncommonPosts: 446

I love the ideas! I am laughing @ some of the humorous ones too!

All I know is that SOE must have some sick type of inside promotion on who can tweet the most twistedly teasing message. ;)

• StilerStiler Member Posts: 599

Perhaps it's a nod to people being able to change the art-style of the game? (Like how in EQ2 you could choose to use the anime-style character models).

So perhaps EQ2 is going to have both a "Cartoony" graphical setting, that will be more welcoming to people with older computers. Then perhaps it will have a more realistic style that pushes the graphics harder for people that want that style.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Tabula Rasa?
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• OzivoisOzivois Member UncommonPosts: 598

It's relevant because they need to make room for the new EQ Next game poster. I think it signifies that they are about to let the world in on the game details now.

• BearKnightBearKnight Member CommonPosts: 461

I'll flip my desk at work, breaking four monitors in the process, if it looks anything like WildStar, WoW, or EQ2.

Seriously, i've had enough of that "Stylized" nonsense :I

• KarbleKarble Member UncommonPosts: 750

Pretty sure this is where a sketch, art, or world map was previously.

They are indeed saying a few things with this.

We are leaving for Vegas to start the set up and party time.

We are going to give away whatever was on this wall to a lucky SOE convention goer.

This new world we created will allow players to forge their own path in a sandbox style with factions and pvp elements and no instances.

• AdrazahnAdrazahn Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by Dudehog

In the beginning of EQN Black Box teaser video you can see what looks like the same wall with the bottom of a poster showing. I can't make out the writing on the poster, so I have no idea if it's relevant or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuuRIVm3YGg&feature=player_detailpage&t=8

It says "Untold Legends" which is another SOE published game. Nothing to do with the EQ franchise. 

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Looks like their is something in the middle of the board, but no way in hell you could read it, or see what it is.

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by arieste

zomg, they threw the painting in the garbage based on all the feedback and have designed EQN to look normally instead of that cartoony s**t!

This, I hope.