Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Funny tidbit from old school EQ...

2»

Comments

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

My moment was when I first played as a wood elf toon and I kept falling out of the trees and dying.  Then I kept wandering into zones too high level for me.  Now it is funny, but man it used to frustrate me to no end!

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687
    As a troll in Black Burrow, you block the door leading into or out of the lower parts of the dungeon. It was very entertaining when someone started a train in the lower levels and was trying to zone.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

[quote][i]Originally posted by evilized[/i] [b]turning in enough crushbone belts and killing enough orcs to get "regards you warmly" in kelethin on my iksar shadowknight.  [/b][/quote]

This is something that I truly hope will be carried over into EverQuest Next. Factions were such a large part of EQ1 that almost no other MMO to date has done properly.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • munx4555munx4555 Member Posts: 169

-.- you people are reminding me just how much I miss the good old days!

hope some of that joy will be returned with eqnext.

• DeolusDeolus Member UncommonPosts: 392

I used to love working on gaining faction with various races so was pleased when I finally achieved ally status with Veeshan.

So off I went to explore Skyshrine, home of the drakes/dragons and made my way all the way up to the top floor where I found the boss Lord Yelinak..

..who promptly chewed me up and spat me out as he was on a different faction to the rest of the zone.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Originally posted by bobfish
    Wiping in the depths of a dungeon and spending the next seven days begging Necromancers and Rogues to help get your corpses back :)

If you have a coffin on you I can help with that =-)

Always bring more then one coffin. More then once deep in a dungeon someone who find me for a corpse summons and give me a coffin to do so and it always sucked when it would summon a naked corpse and they would need to run back to the vendor to buy another coffin.

• Sleepy-SleepeeSleepy-Sleepee Member Posts: 5

After spending almost 4-5 weeks in Unrest leveling and deleveling and releveling  my cleric again, I saw the Ghost for the 1st time. If only I had known what Divine Aura actually did back then I would have saved so much more XP, think I was lvl 24 when I figured out what it did.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

Starting playing EQ1 2 days ago, me and a new friend got chased all the way to the slave pit by the Overlord and his pals and ran around it for ages, gathering more gnolls after us, and I dead due to laughing so hard...

I guess you had to be there.

The point it, there is something funny about a boss that has a reeeeeally long aggro range.

• ReznechekReznechek Member Posts: 11
    Running my level 7-10 (?) Iksar SK from Cabilis to Blackburrow near Qeynos in a two day journey to meet up with a friend that introduced me to the game. I refused to make a human w/ him since I would only play as a lizard man. I traveled from Warslick Woods (died multiple times from giants)  > Overthere (one shotted multiple times trying to get on that boat guarded by dark elf patrolmen) > Timourous Deep (died here too) > Antontica (died a couple times here, but luckily was able to get invisible from friendly PCs when I need it most on the times I did make it). Anyhow after I'de say 15 or more attempts I finally did it and was able to join my friend in all our gnoll genocidal glory, but boy was I sweating and my heart was racing like a speed horse. Now that was an adventure. Imagine doing that on an Oculus Rift with no RL views to keep your head bound in reality. Now that would be something.
  • bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679
    Originally posted by Reznechek
    Running my level 7-10 (?) Iksar SK from Cabilis to Blackburrow near Qeynos in a two day journey to meet up with a friend that introduced me to the game. I refused to make a human w/ him since I would only play as a lizard man. I traveled from Warslick Woods (died multiple times from giants)  > Overthere (one shotted multiple times trying to get on that boat guarded by dark elf patrolmen) > Timourous Deep (died here too) > Antontica (died a couple times here, but luckily was able to get invisible from friendly PCs when I need it most on the times I did make it). Anyhow after I'de say 15 or more attempts I finally did it and was able to join my friend in all our gnoll genocidal glory, but boy was I sweating and my heart was racing like a speed horse. Now that was an adventure. Imagine doing that on an Oculus Rift with no RL views to keep your head bound in reality. Now that would be something.

Its that sense of wonder and accomplishment I want back from EQN, I don't care what they game is or what features it has or how they make money from it... just let me feel like I'm more than a mouse on a treadmill!

• NadiliNadili Member Posts: 197

I fell off Kelethin and survived somehow to tell the tale 5 mins into the game, my friend showing me the game couldn't believe I somehow lived.

A week later lost my body zoning into BB took the GM's a week to find me.

• KankanKankan Member UncommonPosts: 55

Not so much a tidbit, I have all the same great memory's of trains in karnors and the froglek zone in the swamp. Remember camping the AC and leveling my swimming to max in that ten hour camp.

My best memories are of the many cool people I met and the friends I made. People were helpful and friendly. It's a shame we'll never find another experience like it.

Kankan

E Marr

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Fansy
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by bobfish
    Wiping in the depths of a dungeon and spending the next seven days begging Necromancers and Rogues to help get your corpses back :)

or at newbie levels

begging necros / bards to find your corpse if you died outdoors

unless you had access to a chipped bone rod