Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PlanetSide 2: Player Studio Launches

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 17,614MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

PlanetSide 2 players now have the ability to create and sell in-game items thanks to the addition of Player Studio. Goods created by players can be sold for real-world cash. This feature has been present in EverQuest 2 for some time.

Players now have access to a level of customization never before present in the PlanetSide universe. With Player Studio, players can create decals, hood ornaments, camo patterns, vehicle canopy overlays and helmets, allowing for an infinite number of possibilities of cosmetic appearances for both players and vehicles. Select items will then be placed in the marketplace, and the player creator will receive a check from SOE every quarter for a portion of the revenue from their items' sales.

Find out more on the PlanetSide 2

Associate Editor:
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

• ReizlaReizla AlkmaarPosts: 3,384Member Uncommon

Looks like SOE devs are getting lazier by the day. All MMOs from their own house have the player studio already.

With that said, I wonder what the added value for a player studio is for a MMO-shooter..?

AsRock 990FX Extreme3
    AMD Phenom II 1090T ~3.2Ghz
    GEiL 16Gb DDR3 1600Mhz
    ASUS GTX970 3x HD monitor 1920x1080

• IncomparableIncomparable KuwaitPosts: 887Member Uncommon
    Would have been better to allow for hosting small servers of custom maps using the engine for a variety of things including halo/cs style maps or other possible custom map scenarios.

An mmofps needs a bit of a complete package for an increase of customization to be well recieved. At least this is done by players and is treated as a cash shop item. Its basically a fluff item in a cash shop but with player creation.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• CaldrinCaldrin CwmbranPosts: 4,505Member Uncommon
    Its a good option for people who like doing that kind of thing..
  • crasset15crasset15 TallinnPosts: 183Member
    I like doing that kind of thing, but sadly it is limited to US users only. Too bad. Was going to get the game just for this, but now I'll pass
  • Apollymi452Apollymi452 San Digeo, CAPosts: 17Member Uncommon
    Don't they have something similar to this kind of thing in that game Second Life?