Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Gold Bussines Model

2»

Comments

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by rojo6934

No subscription, No cash shop and no limitations. 

a pay wall.

I don't get it.

who built the wall. the f2p'ers, the b2p'ers or the p2p'ers ?

Roger Waters built The Wall.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by Myrdynn
    Originally posted by Tuchaka
    Ya I stopped playing AOW because of the way they run their cash shop, not because its a bad game. Looks like I won't be playing this game either, players need to avoid games like Black Desert or we are encouraging worse and worse cash shop policies.

this is Black Gold, dont confuse it with Black Desert

So glad you pointed that out.  

Made the same mistake myself.  

• falkonasfalkonas Member Posts: 1

P2W fail.  Enough said. 

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Actually, that model is for the chinese version.

This is the version we are getting: http://bg.snailgame.com/news/view/25

Basically, we get what equates to unlocked lockboxes with random loot (based on a table) that can be opened once every hour.  Depending on what we do, the table improves and we can get better loot, and we have the option of not opening the box in order to do more stuff and get better loot (I think).  We can do it twice a day for free, but for people who play more, in order to get more boxes, we need to pay.

A much better system if you ask me, but I have no idea if it will work.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by MadDemon64

Actually, that model is for the chinese version.

This is the version we are getting: http://bg.snailgame.com/news/view/25

Basically, we get what equates to unlocked lockboxes with random loot (based on a table) that can be opened once every hour.  Depending on what we do, the table improves and we can get better loot, and we have the option of not opening the box in order to do more stuff and get better loot (I think).  We can do it twice a day for free, but for people who play more, in order to get more boxes, we need to pay.

A much better system if you ask me, but I have no idea if it will work.

Wanted to follow up on this. That is basically how the system works, and to clarify you DO get all of your actual loot drops from mobs & treasure chests. This system is just for some additional items.

As you kill mobs, do quests, loot treasure chests, etc you build up something called Treasure Points. Each hour the game saves and allows you to purchase a Sands of Time item which has a quality dependant on the nuber of treasure points you earned. It works in tiers where X treasure points moves you up to the next grade of sands of time. Higher tiers give higher level & quality items. For example the lower tiers give level 13 equipment, the next tier gives level 21, then 30, then 40. If you get high eough you will be able to get items called prototypes, which are used for upgrading end game equipment to better versions with improved stats.

You also have the option of either getting the equipment / items mentioned above, or refining the sands of time for different types of items like gems to put into sockets of your equipment to increase their stats.

Also, each time you purchase a sands of time, you also gain a bit of the currency called Black Gold. which is used for things like exchanging for Carrier Points ( to fuel, repair, and upgrade your mechs / beasts), trading through the auction house, recharging points used for the teleport system, and a few other things.

I'd say the system is definitely not P2W as it is now considering as I mentioned, actual drops do not need to be unlocked using this system. The only thing you need to use it for end game really is to get the prottypes for upgrading, which you can still get 2 of per day for free. So may take slightly longer than a paying player, but can be done fairly easily for free.

• Ragnar1337Ragnar1337 Member CommonPosts: 70
    Either way this sounds like a dumb system. Either it is a complete pay to win or if it can be successfully done for free easily how the hell do they make any money off of this? Sounds like a lose/lose situation to me. 
  • Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    Originally posted by Myrdynn lol, that is awful, snail games sucks already  
    Snail games sucks balls and so does their Wushu.. One thing is for sure though, If you say something bad about Wushu, Bcbully will report you..

Oh god he'll report you if you say anything bad about any game he posts to.

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by BadOrb Originally posted by Robokapp Originally posted by rojo6934  No subscription, No cash shop and no limitations.  a pay wall.
    I don't get it. who built the wall. the f2p'ers, the b2p'ers or the p2p'ers ?
    Roger Waters built The Wall. Cheers, BadOrb.
    If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

You, yes you behind the grey shed, stand still laddy!

• LyrithLyrith Member Posts: 3
    This game totally rips of other games, as well. A good number of the hairstyles come directly from Aion lol.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Paying for your loot. I just can't believe that crap. It was bad enough it is open world pvp. Take about i crash and burn game before its released.
  • SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560

Firstly, I think it is a good thing that newer games are pushing the boundaries and dynamics of monetization, whether it is CREDD or Save files or PLEX or what-have-you.

"Save files are purchased from in-game credits (bought from real-life money). Snail Games however, have implemented an interesting “lucky draw” system. There will be two separate buttons: you can buy the save directly, or select “try your luck” to have a chance at reducing the credits required or even obtain loots without any cost! This is a fun little option to maximize player benefits." (from "A New System Awaits" by SnailUSA )

I think the "try your luck" option is nice for those people, who don't want to make a purchase, but I also think it would be nice if there was a way to earn in-game credits through gameplay of some sort.  Of course, this would threaten profits, so I see why it's not implemented.

I'm a little confused by the longer explanation above in the thread.  It talks about how this applies to only certain lockbox drops, etc.  SnailUSA says the system will apply "for rare materials and high level equipments: Basic materials and equipments can be looted immediately without purchase."

I've only coasted through the first ten levels or so of the game, and I'll withhold my judgement on the game itself.  I will say that in-game, the system is not very clear.  I almost feel this system should have a separate instanced tutorial, introduced before game-play begins.  A "Hey-this-is-what-you're-getting-into" segment.   I'll probably play through to level 20 or so, and maybe I'll have a better feel for the system by then.

Until then, can anyone clarify or verify about which items this system applies to.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• cerulean2012cerulean2012 Member UncommonPosts: 492

While I applaud them for trying something new with the pay system, I am also worried about it.  Pending on how much it works out costing for these items could make the game even more expensive then the 15.00 a month a normal sub rate is.

Part of me wants to give it a shot but I most likely will wait until some hard data comes out on true costs.