Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2 questions: 1. WASD or Point and click? 2. When can we play? (Beta date?)

time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062

Hi, I have two questions:

1.  Is this game point and click or WASD movement?  Please say WASD heheh. (I asked on facebook but didn't get a response)

2.  When can we play and/or when does the beta start?  (I liked the game on facebook so I could get into beta but I dunno the date)

Best regards,

Timetrapper

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.

Comments

• prestodotexeprestodotexe Member Posts: 35
    This is why you need to read what you are clicking around there on that screen of yours :)  Maybe you should try reading their whole website over, then Albions facebook and ya might find the answer you are looking for.

haha presto!

• empaempa Member UncommonPosts: 9

Hey Timetrapper! I'm Emil one of the freelancers working for Sandbox Interactive.

1. Right now we have strict mouse movement, but it may change in the future (At this point of development a lot can change, so we try not to commit to anything that can easily be changed)

However the keyboard keys are used for spells and similar in the current stage, you may feel a similarity to certain MOBA games

2.  We are not sure at this point, we will start doing open test soon(TM) and letting more solo players into the tests :) The absolute best way to assure a spot for the beta is to message us directly on facebook or over at [email protected]

Best regards,

Emil

Freelance team member for Sandbox Interactive currently developing Albion Online.

• ChochChoch Member UncommonPosts: 157
    Originally posted by prestodotexe
    This is why you need to read what you are clicking around there on that screen of yours :)  Maybe you should try reading their whole website over, then Albions facebook and ya might find the answer you are looking for.

Although I agree that people should do some research first before posting but I think you could be a little more polite than this. Maybe he did look on the website and didn't find it? We don't know. It does nobody any benefit to come off as a jerk when you could have easily just answered his questions.

• prestodotexeprestodotexe Member Posts: 35
    I did answer his question and that was as polite as I get :)  When you go to facebook you have to "like" their page and it shows you the email right next to that like button to sign up..  Better?

haha presto!

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062

"I did answer his question and that was as polite as I get :)  When you go to facebook you have to "like" their page and it shows you the email right next to that like button to sign up..  Better?"

To prestodotexe:

You didn't answer my question. Your reply was sarcastic, and you meant it to be witty, don't deny that. Telling me to read their website isn't an answer to my question.  Your initial response is passive aggressive, then when confronted with your rude response you get defensive and claim you were innocently replying to me.  Haha, I seen it happen before with a lot at work, online, and in real life. 

I was reading this website that makes fun of foreigners living in Japan and how rude they are, and its written by a foreigner who has lived in Japan for many years so he sticks his nose up at other foreigners who have just moved there.  Well anyways, the website basically tells a stories about stupid newbie mistakes in Japan then he calls the person in the story "Baka na gaijin", which means "stupid foreigner" in Japanese.  Well some guy got fed up with it, confronted him on his site, posted a well written post that said he shouldn't make fun of foreigners in Japan and that his website was rude, mean, etc and he was once a newbie foreigner, so should be more kind, etc. 

Well anyways, he had the lame response you had, where he was like "what no, I wasn't making fun of foreigners, I was making fun of people, whether Japanese or not, who make do these rude things while in Japan". (even though the name of his website is titled "Baka na gaijin", which means "stupid foreigner")

Well anyways, this guy was caught red handed being a passive aggressive jerk, and still denied that he was doing what he was doing.

This happens a lot with ppl at work too, where you ask someone to do something, they reply with a wannabe sarcastic & witty response that is meant to be passive aggressively rude, then when you confront them, they crumble, buckle, and reply with, what no, I was just .... blah blah.  It happens, even when a person's tone is sarcastic, like yourself.  When you directly confront someone with a sarcastic reply, most likely they will be like, "no, I was being serious, I was seriously trying to blah blah"

Well anyways, grow a spine, own up to your passive aggressive personality bro when confronted with it.  (you just got pwned btw)

Sidenote:  Yes I went on their website when the facebook first launched, and liked their facebook, and asked in a private message, and couldn't find the answer, just as another poster on here mentioned.  And no your response helped in no way, so next time just don't say anything, no one wants to here your snarkish reply.  It doesn't work in real life, or in the work place, just in forums like this.  And even once in a while, someone like me will call you on it in a forum, pwn you, and you will have no response, but just to sheepishly deny your passive aggressive personality that just has to provide wannabe witty sarcastic snarkish remarks at every chance you get. 

Also, another side note, I really hope you aren't affiliated with this game in anyway, as in a moderator or csm, otherwise their customer service is going to be horrible.

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • lightingbirdlightingbird Member Posts: 103

Posters like this bother me.  

Clearly he is probably some kid, teen, or immature forum troll.  Now why do people feel the need to camp forums with these smart mouth responses?  I don't get it.  I've never played this game and f I was looking into it, Id be asking questions as well.  Eh, I just don't see the motivation behind these people who need to say read this, search that, or anything that removes a civil conversation.

• BidwoodBidwood Member Posts: 554

I was always a fan of holding down the mouse to move like in UO. But am open minded.

And just realized I'm the biggest noob after all these years...  could have been clicking on spells/potions with the mouse while moving WASD?

• ChochChoch Member UncommonPosts: 157

Happens to the best of us!

• skamperskamper Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Originally posted by Bidwood

I was always a fan of holding down the mouse to move like in UO. But am open minded.

And just realized I'm the biggest noob after all these years...  could have been clicking on spells/potions with the mouse while moving WASD?

From what it looks like, they're going for moba style movement, which is a really good idea.

• empaempa Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Originally posted by skamper
    Originally posted by Bidwood

From what it looks like, they're going for moba style movement, which is a really good idea.

Yes several MOBA's served as a inspiration for the development team in that regard :)

Freelance team member for Sandbox Interactive currently developing Albion Online.