Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Bobby Kotick Leads Buyout of Activision-Blizzard

13»

Comments

• DarksulDarksul Member UncommonPosts: 8
    The day walker scares me....

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    WoW, A/B are now the hot indie developer on the street.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by sodade21
    Originally posted by coretex666
    Originally posted by Skuall
    Originally posted by Kaerigan
    Great news for Blizzard. I was worried about their future considering the plans of their current owners.

Kotick's pretty much Satan himself so I doubt it'll get any better from here on out.

Lesser of two evils. In this scenario, they will at least have enough funds to keep developing triple A games.

like D3? , the new Card game? or Titan?

What are you implying here...that you do not like their games?

Well this is not about you. I am talking about Blizzard as a company.

D3 sold how many...10m+ copies? I did not really check the numbers for the card game, so I cannot comment on that.

From financial point of view, the AAA games they produce generate enough profit for them to meet the "going concern" and keep existing as a profitable company.

Whether you or me like their games is not really relevant in this case.

No he means that D3 was a crappy Game not an AAA game at all. the fact that it sold many doesnt make it a good game. From a financial POV it was success. But in the Gamers POV was the Fail of the century. and that will effect the future releases aka the financial as well

Well...D3 was "fail of the century from the gamers POV" 5 mill sales in...it went on to sell an additional 7 million copies after that, so your logic doesn't really make sense from a "ya but ppl wont buy their games moving forward" standpoint. Let me stop you before the "ya but how many of that was due to the WoW 1 year sub deal"....the answer is only 1 mil...

• jimdandy26jimdandy26 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by supbro

Because they used the great Diablo name to sell a garbage sequel. If you put horseshit in that D3 box it still would have sold millions. Consumers wont be burnt again though.

Really? If the game was so terrible then why are more than enough people playing to run up the nearly ~$70m its making on a monthly basis? You cannnot honestly be saying its still selling nearly a million boxes every month. You may not like it, and a significant amount of the playerbase may not like it, but clearly a significant number of people do and continue to a year after launch. The claims that the game is "dead" are clearly exagerated.

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

• strykr619strykr619 Member UncommonPosts: 284
    LOL A-B is now officially a Chinese pharm factory now. They must have been desperate if they let Tencent in.....