The most feature rich mmorpg on the market will continue to grow. Play it now or later, it doesn't get any better, unless you like spaceships.
What you're watching is a preview of the new clan system, which Cname was so kind to outline
There are a total of 6 new playable faction clans in the new Chinese AoW expansion (which can be translated as “Upheaval”). One can also play a school-less, non-faction clan affiliated character.
Note that joining certain faction clans would cause your character to be automatically marked as enemies by hostile NPC factions.
Out of the 6 faction clans, 3 are publicly known and 3 are “hidden”.
The three public clans are:
- Golden Needles Family Clan – a chivalrous neutral faction of healers skilled inusing golden needles as long range projective weapon. Members can also gain exp by performing correct diagnosis and healing sick NPCs.
- Villa of the Beast – a neutral good faction based near the Beggar Clan. Members can tamed animal companions and are skilled in fighting with bare-hands.
- The Xu Manor – a chivalrous good faction who use a measuring rod (ruler) as their primary weapon. They can use Emei weapons instead of rulers but with a 30% penalty. Members have additional perks in living skills.
The three hidden clans have more stringent requirements for joining and their bases are not reachable by outsiders under normal circumstances:
- Peach Blossom Island – a neutral evil faction located on a island. They have skills of disguise and changing faces and use a flute as their primary weapon and musical notes attacks. They can use a sword in place of a flute but with a 30% penalty.
- Palace of the Moving Flowers – an almost exclusively female neutral “lunatic” faction. Weapon are finger protectors (nail guards) and members have evasive skills and the ability to redirect damages deal by opponents back against the attackers.
- The Rootless clan – a sinister evil faction consisted almost exclusively of castrated males with an underground palace as its HQ. Skilled in both melee and long range attacks using a sword.
Beside the new playable clans the Upheaval expansion also implemented a dynamic weather and day/night system and (at least for the Chinese version) added voice acting to some of the NPCs and cut-scenes.