Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I preordered the game but Gamestop isnt giving any early codes.

DritheDrithe salisbury, NCPosts: 54Member Uncommon

I preordered Final Fantasy 14 a few days ago. I was suppose to get a number to give SquareEnix so I could start 8 days earlier than the rest of humanity. I noticed that I didn't get a code on my receipt. WHen I asked why I was told that Gamestop stopped giving them quite a while back.

Does SE know about this? Is it just Gamestop? What is going on? I cant get a straight answer from Gamestop uppers or SE.

End of line.

• killahhkillahh calgary, ABPosts: 437Member

right from the gamestop /  eb site, i dont see any m,ention of 8 days early, so i assume it was a limited time offer.

though when input into google it does indeed say they were offering it, probobly because its so close now to release...?

Gonada Dahung,over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting....Please Lord, let someone make a game that had all the awesomeness of UO, EQ and EVE...

• Thunder073Thunder073 Amherst, NYPosts: 69Member Uncommon
    Should not buy through Gamestop, should always directly purchase from developer or these things happen.
  • striderbobstriderbob Sheboygan, WIPosts: 174Member
    It amazes me that people still go through Gamestop
  • kabitoshinkabitoshin Posts: 758Member Uncommon
    Never ever go to gamestop for PC, they screwed me on 2 early access codes.
  • rykim86rykim86 winnipeg, MBPosts: 236Member
    Originally posted by striderbob

Never had a problem with the one I go to.  Ordered every single collectors through them and it's been a solid experience.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Aurora, ILPosts: 2,656Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by striderbob

At the Gamestop I go to I actually know the people working there (helps that I'm a console gamer), so I have no issues with any of my pre-orders

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• Kayo45Kayo45 Neverland, AKPosts: 293Member
    Yeah I have zero tolerance with Gamestop ... no code on reciept, no preorder. I support them now and then because I hate all this digital crap thats going around but they screw up ... a lot.
  • Br3akingDawnBr3akingDawn a City, CAPosts: 1,367Member Uncommon
    I think i heard that early access was limited, and they ran out. :|