Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

F2P or P2P

RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Hey,

So I have played both Wizards 101 and Pirate 101, I enjoyed both games quite a bit. I played Piriates 101 and loved the combat system and how you unlocked crew members etc. However at around level 15 I think, the game stops its quest progression. Does anyone know if its the same with both games, where you have to start paying once you hit level 15 to unlock further zones? I was hoping they would change it to full F2P with cash shop options. Anyone know if thats the case or if the game does indeed require a sub or B2P for the zones?

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Originally posted by Wakygreek

Hey,

So I have played both Wizards 101 and Pirate 101, I enjoyed both games quite a bit. I played Piriates 101 and loved the combat system and how you unlocked crew members etc. However at around level 15 I think, the game stops its quest progression. Does anyone know if its the same with both games, where you have to start paying once you hit level 15 to unlock further zones? I was hoping they would change it to full F2P with cash shop options. Anyone know if thats the case or if the game does indeed require a sub or B2P for the zones?

Pretty sure it's the same for both, my little brother used to have to pay the monthly fee for Wizard 101 and I'm pretty sure that was why, or he was just saying that to make my parents pay for it.

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by Panther2103
    Originally posted by Wakygreek

Hey,

Pretty sure it's the same for both, my little brother used to have to pay the monthly fee for Wizard 101 and I'm pretty sure that was why, or he was just saying that to make my parents pay for it.

thanks

• rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

In both games, you need to pay to continue playing content past the initial few quest areas.  Calling it F2P is really misleading, IMO.  It's really a matter of semantics.  You can keep playing "the game" for free, forever, but you'll never be able to progress out of the newbie areas, so what does "the game" consist of, really?  A starter area and mini-games.  Call it what it is - a never ending free trial and flash-based mini-games you can play free forever.

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

if only the starter zone is free, it should be illegal , to use that term

maybe it is, im no lawyer, but then, we need to enforce it more