Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Payment model - Box Sales & Subs more or less confirmed

13»

Comments

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

You know what? I hardly ever say this but i think i would really like this to be B2P.

I don't however think they will pass up the opportunity for weekly raid content to be gated behind a subscription.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• WildaboutwildstarWildaboutwildstar Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by Kratier

this is hilarious, this game obviously did not cost 100 million to make

its a budget f2p game with a massive pr spin to it

no it did not take 8 years to develop thats hilarious

this whole thing reeks of failure, they are going to try to do what every mmo in the past 6 years has been trying, make as much money as they can off of hype, then cash out

theyve clearly said they have no plans post-launch, expect failure

Everything you said is plainly false, especially that last comment. 

The devs have said, on numerous occasions, that they have a whole year of content planned post launch.

I can only assume you are trolling.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

If development costs are as high as stated by the OP, I think they might do the "smart" thing and go sub to earn back their investment, and then go B2P or F2P to get the inevitably dropping numbers back up.  This is good for the company, but if they end up being like EA, they'll just make their money back and then start slacking off or add an intrusive cash shop, or both.  Let's hope Carbine is better than that.

I don't like subs, but if the game impresses me, I'll pay for a few months at least until I see if it has legs.

• daveyjonezdaveyjonez Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by Nitth

You know what? I hardly ever say this but i think i would really like this to be B2P.

I don't however think they will pass up the opportunity for weekly raid content to be gated behind a subscription.

It will be B2P with a sub option and a cash shop selling only aesthetic items.

• MathadarMathadar Member UncommonPosts: 23
     If a sub only gets you shop cash and minor upgrades, who would ever sub?
  • EzbeeEzbee Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by Mathadar

People who play WoW.

• jesusjuice69jesusjuice69 Member Posts: 276
    Originally posted by Mathadar

I am sure there will be other perks.  Idk what though.  I just hope it doesn't go freemium like SWTOR!