Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SOE Releases video of "The Black Box" where the game is being made

NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
That's just wrong...

Comments

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680

Don't they mean AUG2 ?    Could August 6th be the start of some (beta)  ?  Because the reveal is august 2nd/3rd

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812
    That's real funny and typical hype by SOE they know how to annoy folks that's for sure. I just hope they done good or they going to be flamed to death.

Asbo

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960
    Originally posted by William12

Don't they mean AUG2 ?    Could August 6th be the start of some (beta)  ?  Because the reveal is august 2nd/3rd

We will get the video tour of the development on August 6th.

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815

I love this comment on their Facebook page. 

Nicholas Bernier  - Well that's retarded. Lets make the community come together to release some neat but pointless information and then basically give them the finger and then give them a date which doesn't match previously given dates. Bloody brilliant!

• Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401

Great video! lol...

NOT! :)

Now to take it apart, frame by frame when he opens that door to see if anything actually did leak! image

Just kidding! image

• VhayneVhayne Member UncommonPosts: 632
    Somebody with skills needs to slow down the audio that's sped up like chipmunks while he's walking down the hallway.  :)
  • isslingissling Member UncommonPosts: 162
    LOL, love the video but I think it makes him look a little chunky:)
  • mjr727mjr727 Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Little baffled that they would make a completed pre-announcement stretch goal be released AFTER the August 2nd reveal.  Where's Francis?
  • HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Love it.

Right out the CCP book.

Its for their entertainment. Trust me, its just so they could see all the raige-whining.

So has anyone bothered to see what he was saying when it was sped up?

Im hoping it more or less was "LOL fuckers"

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Originally posted by mjr727
    Little baffled that they would make a completed pre-announcement stretch goal be released AFTER the August 2nd reveal.  Where's Francis?

I have the feeling that they expected the stretch goals to be reached after August 2nd...

But that video is nice trolling...

• xxxxxx1xxxxxx1 Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Interesting... August 6th is on Tuesday. Usually new products release on Tuesday.
  • TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Guys, don't expect it to be anything more than what it says. "The Black Box Opens August 6th" meaning they open that door on august 6th and show us around. It's pretty common now for devs to release behind the scenes videos.  We'll get the first look at the game the 2nd, then get see some behind the scenes development going on the 6th.
  • superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

HOLY HELL!

I GOT TO SEE WHERE THE MAGIC HAPPENS IN THE FORM OF A BLACK SCREEN!

Such a comprehensive 50 second clip managed to satisfy my curiosity entirely!

• saxifrsaxifr Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by xxxxxx1
    Interesting... August 6th is on Tuesday. Usually new products release on Tuesday.

This was what jumped out at me too

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

• NagelRitterNagelRitter Member Posts: 607
    This is freaking hilarious.

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

• roninprogramroninprogram Member Posts: 4
    I just slowed it down. He says, "You actually spent the time to slow down the audio looking for an easter egg? I can't believe you did that. They told me you would. I'm impressed. Well, here you go: That thing in the painting is actually a kobold."
  • DraedzDraedz Member Posts: 47
    Hilarious.  Its like poking ravenous wolves with a stick.

This is what they have posted on FB:

The EverQuest Next social site stretch goals have been met! You all were so excited that you met the goals before we even finished filming the video!

Here is our launch schedule for the assets you've unlocked:

July 29 - Early Sketch of Gabor Szikszai's work
    August 1 - SOE Live Poster Art
    August 6 - Full "Inside the Black Box" Video

Also, remember to tune in at 11:00am Pacific Time to Twitch TV on August 2 for the livestream of the EverQuest Franchise Keynote address from SOE Live, including the debut of EverQuest Next!

While you wait, here's a quick sneak peek of what we've filmed for the "Inside the Black Box" video: http://youtu.be/wuuRIVm3YGg

Thanks!
    ~Dexella and Amnerys

So that's a week of waiting before ANY of the unlocks are released. Kind of dodgy if you ask me but then again, they're pretty much useless unlocks anyway.

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Now that was funny!!!

Originally posted by roninprogram
    I just slowed it down. He says, "You actually spent the time to slow down the audio looking for an easter egg? I can't believe you did that. They told me you would. I'm impressed. Well, here you go: That thing in the painting is actually a kobold."

Slowed it down too. By FAR the best part of the video.

Thanks!

• TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001
    After all Smed's Twitter antics, Dave's innuendos and teases and now this abject trolling..  All I have to say is that the Reveal better be amazing or all this is going to be some serious fuel for a community that will light a bonfire of epic proportions to flame them.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Lol, nice...

It's not like they were going to release anything about the game so it's like that moment in Cribs where they go into the bedroom, "this is where the magic happens"... Okay cool but it's not happening right now so it's just a room...

I found the video amusing.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    I feel like ive been Rick Rolled
  • MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    Originally posted by William12

Interesting that he mentioned "going to need all of your help" in that video.  Definitely sounds like beta perhaps

• VocadiVocadi Member UncommonPosts: 205

More speculation to fuel the fire. I admit I did pause the video during his walk down the final hallway and took a look at some of the colored paintings on the wall. They appear to be EQ classes. I noted a seated bard playing a lute and a warrior in another.  Nothing really informative or telling.

Ugh look what Sony has reduced me to, freeze framing a teaser video in the hope of a glimmer of info. Sad.