Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO is PvE going to be EPIC?

well is it? or is it going to be a bunch of boring health watching for the healer cause i plan on rolling a healer.

can someone fill me in on the info about PvE?

ever sence oblivion i have wanted to group up with my buds to rome the game with and conquer enemies together now the time has finaly come will it be as great as we all hoped.will you group up with friends and do heroics i  just dont get how its going to work. the worst thing that comes to my mind for this game is piss easy NPC's and bosses!

Thank you.

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

There are very few targeted heals (perhaps none.) They're all AOE, cones, proximity, reactive (you place a buff on the target and anyone attacking it gets healed,) etc. And everyone has some self-heals and mitigation. Although it sounds like it will be trinity-based, healers won't be just healing.

One nice thing they're doing is that one of the properties heavy armor is + healing received in addition to extra mitigation and health regen. Anyone wearing all or most heavy armor--i.e. tanks--  just gets more healing automatically.

Google a site called elder souls. they have quite a bit of info about abilities.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• jimprounerjimprouner Member Posts: 142
    Originally posted by zeusypoofs

well is it? or is it going to be a bunch of boring health watching for the healer cause i plan on rolling a healer.

can someone fill me in on the info about PvE?

ever sence oblivion i have wanted to group up with my buds to rome the game with and conquer enemies together now the time has finaly come will it be as great as we all hoped.will you group up with friends and do heroics i  just dont get how its going to work. the worst thing that comes to my mind for this game is piss easy NPC's and bosses!

Thank you.

Hate to break this to you, but the 'adventure zones' are not real raiding.  They have said it countless times, but we just ignored them and hoped it was more than what they said.  When I think back about it I realize just how stupid that hope was.  Games always over hype their features, yet the devs were pushing gimmicks like lockpicking and FPV hand animations more than raiding.  Recent announcements, interviews & trinity & consoles, makes it clear that the adventure zones are merely zergfest like in GW2.

With that said, if you liked Skyrim, then you will like Skyrim online.

It is essentially a single player ES game with some elements of multiplayer.

• zeusypoofszeusypoofs Member Posts: 24

seems like its taking a wierd turn and catering to RPers and single players, which i dont get. what about the 4-5 man dungeons are those pretty decent

• jimprounerjimprouner Member Posts: 142
    I haven't played so I can't be certain of anything.   I would imagine that the 5 mans that are instanced are decent.  Not holding out much hope for the open world dungeons though.
  • keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    I thought they were only doing 4 man for instanced? I actually prefer 5 because it feels more social, but 4, whatever, no big deal.

There Is Always Hope!

• NoLifeNerd20NoLifeNerd20 Member Posts: 15
    I might dabble a little in pvp, but pve (I hope) will be challenging and engaging. On TES games like skyrim I would always play master difficulty. Half the time I died but, the self satisfaction of beating that difficult boss. Who wiped you out a dozen times is a great feeling.