Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a goof gaming mouse

RattenmannRattenmann Member UncommonPosts: 613

Hello!

I have been looking for a mouse that fits my needs for quite a while now. But i feel like i am looking at the wrong spots.

What i want:

• Programmable buttons, at least 8 easily reachable (so not at the top front of the mouse where no finger ever reaches lol), more prefered
  • Small-Medium sized mouse
  • LIGHT, not 120+ gramms
  • Buttons should be pressable without going to the gym and should not wake up my girlfriend next door,...
I am basically looking for a mouse that is as light as a Naga, feels like a Cyborg and has a button layout / shift function / 4d wheel like the Kone.

What i tried:

First real gamer mouse was a Razor Naga. Great mouse actually. Exactly the size and weight i liked, but i hold the mouse with my fingers only (thats considered claw grip, right?), so i was unable to use all the buttons on the thumb. Actually i could barly reach the 6 last ones, and never ever used the first 6 ones.

The second mouse was a Razer Naga Hex. I only ever reached 6 buttons anyways and the hex has a nice empty spot in the middle of those buttons, so i could hold it there and reach all 6 buttons. This mouse actually has no REAL disadvantage but feeling "wrong". Can't describe why, but i just always felt like i wanted something different.

The third try went to the MadCatz/Cyborg Rat 7 MMO edition. Amazingly handy mouse, fits perfectly in my hand (well after adjusting everything, but thats a selling point of this mouse after all). This mouse sadly had the most drawbacks: Laser was crap. Simple as that. Curser jumping all over the screen. The buttons for the thumb where nice, but not perfectly placed and it feeled like i had to use real muscles to actually push them. Razer mice had soft and easy going buttons,... also the Cyborgs buttons where kinda loud.

My current mouse is a Roccat Kone XTD. EasyShift and a 4d mousewheel are the biggest seeling point for me. 20 buttons right there where the fingers should be on a mouse. Since i also own a Roccat Isku FX i can even use the easyShift key on my keyboard and have even more buttons free on the mouse. Pure win?... sadly no.

The Kone is LOUD. And i mean really loud. My girlfriend can actually hear me click trough 2 closed doors (no joke!). During the day we have musik turned on and stuff, so it is not that obvious, but during the night i don't want to have this kind of noise level around. And i am a night person, so i am mainly playing and working at night :-/ Also the buttons need what feels like 2kg pressure to actually be pressed. After just 3 hours of playing my hand started to feel very unconfortable.

Again: I am basically looking for a mouse that is as light as a Naga, feels like a Cyborg and has a button layout / shift function / 4d wheel like the Kone. Does such a wonder exist?

Please,... anyone tell me about a mouse i might have missed. *prays*

MMOs finally replaced social interaction, forced grouping and standing in a line while talking to eachother.

Now we have forced soloing, forced questing and everyone is the hero, without ever having to talk to anyone else. The evolution of multiplayer is here! We won,... right?

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

The mouse you seek does not exist. In theory you could build one, but that's a lot harder than it sounds. Even if it sounds really hard, it's harder than it sounds.

If you haven't tried the Logitech G600 MMO mouse, you might want to try it. Similar to the Naga, but with Logitech's ergonomics. It might be close to what you are looking for.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Let me know when you find one.

I prefer a heavy mouse, but aside from that, have similar problems using forward-sitting buttons because i tend to claw the mouse more.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

I have a G600 Logitech gaming mouse and love it to death. It has...well it has all the buttons youll need. 

While abit heavy, and not very useful for a 'claw grip', its been the best mouse ive owned by far. If you can get out of the clawing habit and turn the uh..pointer speed thing...up, the weight does nothing to effect it. Maybe if you are doing fine touch intensive stuff, like...i dunno, drawing a picture with the mouse. But for mmo gaming, this thing has been the bomb diggity. I use all the buttonz for my skills and my other hand does WASD for movement solely.

That's my opinion!

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

When they release for general consumer use, a BCI will be the best mouse around.  You could even replace your keyboard with it!

Seriously, though, just find a mouse you like and stick with it.  The market for gaming mice is so small that the only way the companies do well is by spending more of their budget on advertising and less on creating a quality product.  I'm looking at you, Razer!

• RattenmannRattenmann Member UncommonPosts: 613

Hmm, the G600 looks interesting. Kinda a Naga clone, but with 4d wheel and "g-shift" functionality.

Will look into it some more and see how that works out. Not a big fan of the looks... but all the good looking mice seem to have major drawbacks that influence the handling, which is more important.

Any Ideas of a good alternative, besides the g600,... if i either leave out the "need" for a 4d wheel OR a shift funktion? I guess both would be overkill anyways, since all current MMOs seem to be dumbed down console / 6 skills max anyways ;-)

Edit: Oh and anyone have first hand experience how loud the g600 is? preferably compared to one of the above mentioned mice, so i can get an idea. Not sure if our local shops have one to test and id hate to just buy more mice from amazon and return all,...

MMOs finally replaced social interaction, forced grouping and standing in a line while talking to eachother.

Now we have forced soloing, forced questing and everyone is the hero, without ever having to talk to anyone else. The evolution of multiplayer is here! We won,... right?

• KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130

G600 is a nice mouse, but it's not small by any means, it's a big big heavy mouse. You will not be able to claw grip a G600 unless you are a gorilla.

I don't think a small light mouse with 8 programmable buttons exists.

So i went to the store and checked out the g600. While it sounds kind of nice, it feels and looks very clumpy. Does not compare to the nice Naga design at all.

So i guess i am out of luck and it is either the Kone with the high noise level, or the Naga Hex with alot less options.

Thanks for your Input all!

• disownationdisownation Member UncommonPosts: 243

I have the G600 mouse and been using it for about 6 months now. I concur with Toxia, I love it to death.

I've used both the Naga and the G600 so can compare. While the G600 is bigger than the Naga, you tend to get used to it after awhile. But there is a slight learning curve time period. Especially if you use the claw grip. To start, I disabled the "shift" mouse button. It may get in the way at first. But after getting used to the G600 feel, I can honestly say I love the LMB, RMB, Shift function.

As far as "loudness" is concerned. I feel its no more louder/quieter than the Naga. Its pretty quiet, actually. And in terms of side buttons, I prefer the G600's over the Naga's. As they are angled in (as opposed to flat on the Naga) and makes it a lot easier to identify where you are quickly. Again, side mouse buttons are quiet. More quiet than the Naga's, in my opinion, but not by much.

Out of the two, I prefer the G600 over the Naga. I've felt that lately Razer's quality has gone down hill a bit. My last Naga only lasted a couple months before crapping out. Its possible I could have just gotten a lemon. But my Naga prior to that lasted 4+ years. So far, the G600 has had no problems. Had it for about 6 months. And I can tell its made of good quality.

I actually like the 4D mouse wheel. More buttons are always better. Even though, as you say, most newer MMOs are slimming down their UIs to 10 buttons, extra mouse keys allows you to bind things like bags, maps, run/walk, crouch/prone, cycle weapons, etc. So I prefer more buttons than less. Just my opinion tho.

Well, that is my experience and thoughts. Best of luck in finding a mouse you love.

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    Love my G600 :)

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022
    I have a cooler master inferno, which right now, for gw2, is nice, and is not tiresome, as i too use claw grip. you can bind keys by combining them.

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

Originally posted by disownation

Well, that is my experience and thoughts. Best of luck in finding a mouse you love.

Nice review disownation!

Might have to check out the G600 again. Maybe ill just order it on amazon and test it out for a few weeks and just send it back if i dislike it ;-)

Right now i tried to get along with the Kone. Actually it is quite perfect for what i want, if it was not for the loud 4d wheel. The pther buttons are not louder then my other mice, but they have another sound, "piercing" trough doors :-/

The Shift funtionality is really awesome, but the G600 has the same, so... ill go and order it!

• MdpatsMdpats Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Couldn't be happier with my G600!
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    I have a G700 I love.
    Chamber of Chains