Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

POLL: Do you want Weapon's Skills in EQN?

2»

Comments

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988
    Originally posted by Storm_Cloud

Weaponskills in the form of "EQ1" style.

That is, if you haven't used a sword before and you find this awesome sword, then well, you gotta start using it to train up the skill.

That style of weaponskills I will say yes to.

Definently this way, have it determine accuracy/speed/fumble kind of stuff or whatever.

The guild wars 2 method basically shoves a build/play style down your throat based on whatever weapons they decide to let you use, taking away half of your characters customization potential. I don't like the idea of being stuck with the same 5 skills the entire game either.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Wolfenpride

That is, if you haven't used a sword before and you find this awesome sword, then well, you gotta start using it to train up the skill.

Definently this way, have it determine accuracy/speed/fumble kind of stuff or whatever.

The guild wars 2 method basically shoves a build/play style down your throat based on whatever weapons they decide to let you use, taking away half of your characters customization potential. I don't like the idea of being stuck with the same 5 skills the entire game either.

Your not stuck, you can change your weapons on the fly to use other skills and on top of that you have plenty of utility skills.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988
    Originally posted by tkreep
    Originally posted by Wolfenpride

Your not stuck, you can change your weapons on the fly to use other skills and on top of that you have plenty of utility skills.

The weapon you choose basically determines how you fight/traited in GW2. It decided half your build/skill bar for you and "plenty of utility skills" was only a choice of three and the one half decent elite for your class.

I did not find this a fun/interesting way to customize your character. If they had done similar to GW1 and given each weapon a pool of skills to choose from, that might have been nice in giving each weapon variety in playstyles, but for whatever reason they decided to bottleneck everyone into the same 5 attacks. Coupled with the usual FOTM nerfing/buffing, it felt like a very limited system.

I'd gladly take EQ/EQ2's AA system over this, as you are completely free to experiment/pick and choose what you do and don't want in your build/rotation without being limited by gear choice/prefered cosmetics.

• onlinenow25onlinenow25 Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Originally posted by Piiritus
    I don't want to see nothing from GW2 in EQN. Please.

So you want to see stuff from GW2 in EQN?

• tbrocatotbrocato Member Posts: 10
    Yep...def. should have weapons skills.