Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Taun Tauns Headed to SWTOR

13»

Comments

• Heretic451Heretic451 Member Posts: 69

How about instead of a new mount, you let us sit down in f***ing chairs?

I suppose that ability would be placed on the Cartel Market, too...

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    Originally posted by ignore_me
    Originally posted by Kalstark
    Originally posted by Ehliya

I have been unsubbed from SWTOR for awhile, but I still remember the excitement leading up to launch.  By the Force, what happened?

Original SWG had a devoted following.  Then they destroyed their own creation. They tried again with one of the greatest IP in world history.  With SWTOR had the name and reputation of Bioware behind the work.  Now it is in the Cash Shop Masquerading As A Game death spiral.

It is like reverse alchemy - turning gold into lead.

Actually swg fans ruined swtor cuz it wasnt swg2. Swtor was awesome and if anything the worlds were too big took forever for world pvp. Only bad thing about the game was alts cuz u did all the quests before. Sad tho swg was never ever considered a success but now the few 100 ppl who played it come on these forums all the time and just talk about how wow is horrible and going free to play swtor was worst game ever created and sandbox are the only real mmos 

lol how did 100 people ruin a game that cost hundreds of millions of dollars to make? That's hilarious

Just before SWTOR went free to play it had ~250k subscriptions, just before SWG went CU/NGE it had ~200k subscriptions.  I suspect that ~200k is the number of SW fans that will put up with anything to play a SW mmo.  BTW I was one of these SW fans that continued to play SWG even after WoW came out.

I have Kotor 1 & 2 presently installed on my HD, and have played them both every year since they came out.  But I never luved them, I only liked them.  Did I want BW to make an MMO that was essentially Kotor 3?  No, if they had made it a single player game with a Peer to Peer co-op multiplayer I would still be playing it today.  Do I think the 200k+ SWG cause SWTOR to fail?  No, because I think SWTOR may in fact be the most successful MMO since the release of WoW in terms of highest number of sales, subscriptions, and retained subscriptions and profitability.  I think the cost of production, and over expectation of subscription potential is what makes EA so displeased with SWTOR.  Investors expected subs in the multi-millions like WoW. 

The game sold ~2.5M total units, and had a max average monthly sub of ~1.0M.  Eventually the number dropped to ~500k subs before settling at ~250k before going to f2p.  What do these numbers mean?  SWTOR is the #2 MMO, behind WoW.

It is not the game that so many people were looking for, but it is not a failure.  But more people are play and paying for this game, than any other.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• Demmi77Demmi77 Member UncommonPosts: 229

more cartel items.

bioware/ea charges people for a sub + cash shop. people try it for free, buy stuff till they hit 50 and move on.. ignore this game unless you havent played it. if you havent , yes it is worth it. the game is amazing for the leveling/storyline portion.

warning: don't invest to much into it though as it's a p.o.s after you hit max level.

everything that is anything is in the cartel market. so just level, have fun and move on. nothing else to see in this game.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Kalstark

Actually swg fans ruined swtor cuz it wasnt swg2

I am quite sure a lot of players who never played SWG -or heard of it- were throwing up when they entered Swtor lol.

Personally, I love the graphics, but as much as I despise WOW, imo WOW -being a themepark from start to finish- offers way more freedom then swtor.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

I am guessing on how Tuantuans will be delivered to the players....

Through some long, convoluted quest that also has a high legacy requirement although players will have the easy option to buy it right away through the Cartel market.

OR

Available through the Cartel Lottery Loot Packs....with possible rare colors and run speeds. image

Well, I jest about colors and run speeds, but I put nothing past Bioware when it comes to developing schemes to fleece the players. image

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by Demmi77

more cartel items.

bioware/ea charges people for a sub + cash shop. people try it for free, buy stuff till they hit 50 and move on.. ignore this game unless you havent played it. if you havent , yes it is worth it. the game is amazing for the leveling/storyline portion.

warning: don't invest to much into it though as it's a p.o.s after you hit max level.

everything that is anything is in the cartel market. so just level, have fun and move on. nothing else to see in this game.

Well someone hasn't played SWTOR in a long time. The stories are indeed very good and the new end-game is very good too obviously you need to purchase RotHC to get to 55 , but lots to do at end-game now it's even stopping me playing on my lower level characters quite often now. You never know you might even like the end-game now , but please stop talking about SWTOR version 1 as it is now at version 2 , it is very different.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

to stay in the SW 'lore', how fast will they go?

Can't imagine them going as fast as a speeder so you would be downgrading in travelspeed riding that thing.

If it is as fast, then it would bring back memories to SWG NGE Benny Hill movement speed lol.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"