Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For those worried about Firiona without a staff...

2»

Comments

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960
    Originally posted by Gallus85
    Originally posted by ice-vortex
    I think the most likely scenario is that Erudites don't exist which is why they are missing from the latest artwork.

By that logic, 50% of the game's classic races are missing along with them. lol

Not a chance.

The artwork it was a tribute of has all of the original EQ races. I believe that this artwork represents every race that will be playable.

• KarbleKarble Member UncommonPosts: 750
    Originally posted by William12
    Originally posted by dejoblue
    Originally posted by bobfish

She isn't the same person in EQ2 as EQ1, so I would expect her to be different in EQnext as well.

Though I'm not sure Ranger is the right move, it isn't considered a High Elf class. I'm actually wondering if they've consolidated High Elves and Wood Elves into one race.

I think High Elves and Wood Elves were originally one race until they divided.

If EQN is a prequel or rather in a  time before EQ1 and or EQ2, albeit in its own universe, and judging by the artwork so far Firiona looks really young, perhaps this is a time before the elves split and as such there is now one race and room for another such as Orcs or Kobolds etc.

You can tell it predates EQ1 because no valshir, no erudite in the art.   The Val Shir came after the Erudites went to war with each other and  a clan of the kerran were transported to the moon who became the val shir.   The art has the kerran which would mean that never happen so the erudite haven't left qeynos.   Which would mean EQN starts a few hundred years before EQ.

Kerran and vah shir are the same thing.  It's like the difference between French and English.  They're the same race, just in a different tribe.  

I am going to have to agree with you and disagree.

Kerran were quite short with totally different body and facial type. It's almost like saying that monkeys are the same as apes since they both belong to the same style of species. Once Kerrans went to the moon they obviously evolved due to less gravity growing into a larger more lion looking version of the Kerra Isle version. The Kerra Island version looked more like a cross between a small bobcat and a lemur.

• Zen_BladeZen_Blade Member UncommonPosts: 106
    Originally posted by Dizey

It's been said already that it will be a parallel universe.

J.J. Abrams is on the team! Yesssss!

• Zen_BladeZen_Blade Member UncommonPosts: 106
    I think the most likely scenario is that Erudites don't exist which is why they are missing from the latest artwork.

Not a chance.

The artwork it was a tribute of has all of the original EQ races. I believe that this artwork represents every race that will be playable.

No Iksar. =(  Probably the best lore of a race in the EQ universe...

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    Originally posted by Masterfuzzfuzz
    Originally posted by dejoblue
    Originally posted by bobfish

She isn't the same person in EQ2 as EQ1, so I would expect her to be different in EQnext as well.

Though I'm not sure Ranger is the right move, it isn't considered a High Elf class. I'm actually wondering if they've consolidated High Elves and Wood Elves into one race.

I think High Elves and Wood Elves were originally one race until they divided.

If EQN is a prequel or rather in a  time before EQ1 and or EQ2, albeit in its own universe, and judging by the artwork so far Firiona looks really young, perhaps this is a time before the elves split and as such there is now one race and room for another such as Orcs or Kobolds etc.

You can tell it predates EQ1 because no valshir, no erudite in the art.   The Val Shir came after the Erudites went to war with each other and  a clan of the kerran were transported to the moon who became the val shir.   The art has the kerran which would mean that never happen so the erudite haven't left qeynos.   Which would mean EQN starts a few hundred years before EQ.

It's VAH SHIR and it doesn't predate EQ1. EQN is a parallel universe that takes place at the same time as vanilla EQ. They've already said that.

No they haven't said when it takes place they said its a parallel universe.  Just because it happen in EQ doesn't mean it will happen in EQN.    If you assume its starting at EQ1 then you can make other assumptions like the Kerran in the poster if its not Vah Shir that means the erudites never went to Odus. 

Why would you assume this, since things can have happened quite differently in the parallel universe.  Maybe the Kerrans and Erudites are allies that banded together against a great evil this time around.

You can't make any assumptions of the story based on original EQ.

You argue just to argue don't you ? 

The parallel universe had to start somewhere and the art is evidence of where. 

• krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589

Not a chance.

I sure hope your wrong because that artwork is more of an insult not a tribute to the original artwork, and that's taking into account the races didn't really look like the artwork in EQ1, and that's also taking into account the limited graphical capabilities at the time.

T he impression I get is the artwork is a piss take of what EQ1 art would of looked like if Blizzard had taken control of Sony's EQ1, and on the final note, Frogloc's  missing, I aint going to lose sleep their lore was F-ing pathetic and clearly a shoe in to fit job, but No Iksar, there better be or the only crapping of pants on reveal day is because I need something to throw.

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

At least it's another medieval styled weapon.

What if it was Firiona with a rocket launcher?

Wait that would be awesome

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Iadien

They fixed her bow and made other changes:

before: http://i.imgur.com/xrcfvMt.jpg

after: http://i.imgur.com/i2CZc8d.jpg

What are those other changes other than now string.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• IadienIadien Member UncommonPosts: 638
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    Originally posted by Iadien

They fixed her bow and made other changes:

before: http://i.imgur.com/xrcfvMt.jpg

after: http://i.imgur.com/i2CZc8d.jpg

What are those other changes other than now string.

Minor changes. Spell effects around the bow are different and everything is less blurry.