Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I the only one?

I've been hovering through the forums for months now and decided to finally join in and ask... am I the only one really excited for this game? I looooooove PvP and always dreamed of being able to show off my khajiits gear to my friends, explore dungeons with them (instanced? Even better! ) and then go out and pvp. I love everything zos is doing with ESO and I am sooooo excited for the game day 1 purchase. I know there will be those who love the direction the game is taking and those who hate it. But, am I the only one who loves everything about it?

Comments

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

i don't love everything about it but i am exited to try it for sure. crafting, the pvp system, and the amount of content it sounds like they will have at release seems pretty good to me.

we will see though.

• adjm303adjm303 Member Posts: 1
    Yes i do agree. I have loved all the TES games even the dos ones but i have always wanted to play it with a friend. im getting the day one release too.  i cant think how to continue this statement so i will wait for someone to continue it.
  • UchihaJoelUchihaJoel Member Posts: 6
    Im glad there are a few of us not hating on the game... people now a days take things too serious. So many long posts just complaining. It's going to be fun and no doubt the haters and lovers alike will buy it 100%
  • keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Guys, do not use these forums as a guage regarding excitement or no excitement. There are specific people here that continously bash the game because of course they are only trying to help the developers lol.

2nd, there are a lot of old timers here, me included, that really are just slightly tired of the same formula (Rift, LOTOR, AOC, Allods Online, etc) and want a little more freedom or sense of exploration. I think this game seems to offer more freedom then some competitors, but its hard to tell because we haven't played it. To some who don't like the game, it will not offer the freedom they are looking for because it does have faction restrictions, it does have leveled creatures which will probably keep you out of certain areas, etc...but I prefer this model as long as the zones are very very big and I can still walk just about anywhere even if it means I will get killed. Maybe I can still do something productive (crafting) while avoiding certain NPCs. I can't tell yet whether this game feels a constricted as SWTOR, or a little more open. For me open in a themepark would be a little more open than games such as WOW or LOTRO. Some will state Vanguard as an example of how open the game should be, though that game paid the price and was a technical disaster at release and for a couple of years after release. Anyone denying this is not being honest.

Third, you have the jaded Sandbox folks. enough said there lol.

Finally, you just have those who really don't treat games on their own merits and nitpick every minor thing and then take the smallest complaints and twist them into these game breaking conclusions and then spout words like 'fail'...zzzzzzzzzzz lol.

Regardless, its like this with just about every game. There are more people cautiously optimistic or excited than these threads would lead one to believe. Also, even in these forums, don't forget, a lot of folks just come here to visit. They don't post. I'm excited, there are a few things I hope change before release, but if you treat these game on its own merits and stop comparing it one to one to everything Skyrim, a non-online game, it looks like its heading in the right direction. Trust me, this games huge beta response is a good indication of the excitement and even those who spout fail will most likely be playing at release.

I'm not thrilled about the way Zenimax is keeping everything so closed and sort of filtering out the controversial questions or being extremely vague on others, but you can't hide from open beta so eventually we will get the answers we are looking for

There Is Always Hope!

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    Originally posted by UchihaJoel
    I've been hovering through the forums for months now and decided to finally join in and ask... am I the only one really excited for this game? I looooooove PvP and always dreamed of being able to show off my khajiits gear to my friends, explore dungeons with them (instanced? Even better! ) and then go out and pvp. I love everything zos is doing with ESO and I am sooooo excited for the game day 1 purchase. I know there will be those who love the direction the game is taking and those who hate it. But, am I the only one who loves everything about it?

The game is going to be fine, many people will play it and it will have a successful shelf life.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782

I am excited about it, but I am not over hyped either. I plan to do a Let's Play once the game is out. Currently doing one of Skyrim.

I will admit, there are going to be features not everyone likes in ESO, but that doesn't mean you can't look passed those features. I feel it will still be a fun game either way.

The other reason why I am excited for it is because I at least am pretty sure it will have more going for it then any current mmo out during it's time. No offence to all the other MMOs XD.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Am I the only one?

Nope. Never.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    If you read the forum, you know you're not the only one. However, public displays of love are frowned upon around here image
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    The best kind of love is shown by pointing the end of a promethium flamer straight at your topic and blasting it until nothing remains but the hard facts.

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

You're not the only one, I love the way things are looking in ESO.

But in case you haven't noticed, there's a lot of jaded members here who find it hard to be excited about anything anymore. They just don't want to set themselves up for disappointment.

That being said, I almost think it's better ESO has fallen somewhat off the hype meter. Because then when it comes out, it will surprise people by exceeding their expectations.

• UchihaJoelUchihaJoel Member Posts: 6
    I'm sure there will be more ppl who enjoy it vs those who don't. I know me and my friends are going to love it, now all I need is a damn beta invite >.<
  • DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    everyone will buy it anyway
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by DocBrody
    everyone will buy it anyway

Pretty much.  Even I plan on buying nad playing, but how long will it keep me is the big question, as of right now I will go into this the same way as I did going into SWTOR, a game to be played till I hit the level cap and fin all the exploration/questing content.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• GrymGrym Member UncommonPosts: 301
    I'll be playing.... if I'm still breathing when they finally release.

(My son speaking to his Japanese Grandmother) " Sorry Obaba, I don't speak Japanese, I only speak human."

• SawlstoneSawlstone Member Posts: 301

I am very excited. I am also cautiously optamistic.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    I've been taking a cautious interest in the game, as I've gotten hypes up about games in the past that turned out to be big fat stinky turds.  Then I got into the last beta weekend.  You, Good Sir OP, are most certainly not the only one.
  • RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426
    This is actually one of the few games I still plan to buy after playing beta. I am looking forward to it so much I limited my beta time so not to retract from the fun of opening day.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
    be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

• thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368

I predict that I along with many others will be done with the game within 1 to 3 months. The problem with most recent MMOs has been the longevity. People will burn through the story content and find out that the end-game has not really changed in the past 10 years. 

Games that aim to grow player base after the first year either have to change business model or create more dynamic content in the first place. Most have opted the former.

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

The industry has let the bar fall so low since 2004, that ESO would have to actually hire people to make it not be at least better than what's been processed on the mmorpg treadmill, cash shop, free 2 play nightmare of make a quick buck off the bored monopoly of gamers before they run off to the next big thing to hate.

I can't wait for this.  I'm tired of fighting people who are my race and class.  So lackluster - so NOT epic, no matter how many signs they hang on some new title - it's still just a variation of same class race cruddy flag capture pvp.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by Brabbit1987

The other reason why I am excited for it is because I at least am pretty sure it will have more going for it then any current mmo out during it's time. No offence to all the other MMOs XD.

Okay the above is your opinion but i would like to know how you came to it. Now, you are obviously talking about the games features so let's here why you think the above. Please don't say the combat or skills system because there are other mmo that let you wear any armour and use any weapon. A prime example is Archeage which also has 120 available classes to each player. You want to be a wizard wearing plate armour, you can. Obviously certain weapons and armour are better suited to certain roles but it's way more flexible than TESO. So now we have the combat skill system out the way, what next. Please don't say the pvp.

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Not alone. But I'm far less excited by the game than I should be. But I have been playing since arena came out so I will at least give it a go. But the more I find out tu less I look forward to seeing it.
  • BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

I was excited to see that there is a nice new looking first person mode, on the same hand I was disappointed to hear that it is "optional".

I mean seriously, the people that are going to most want this game are going to be Elder Scrolls fans and the fact that being in third person will pretty much be required to be competitive is just mind numbingly retarded. If someone complains that there is no third person mode and Bethesda listens then obviously they aren't going after the core fanbase which I see as a major problem.

Wake me up when I can sneak up behind someone and pickpocket them.

• Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon
    Originally posted by Brabbit1987

Okay the above is your opinion but i would like to know how you came to it. Now, you are obviously talking about the games features so let's here why you think the above. Please don't say the combat or skills system because there are other mmo that let you wear any armour and use any weapon. A prime example is Archeage which also has 120 available classes to each player. You want to be a wizard wearing plate armour, you can. Obviously certain weapons and armour are better suited to certain roles but it's way more flexible than TESO. So now we have the combat skill system out the way, what next. Please don't say the pvp.

Really, it is as you said, it is my opinion. That is why I said I, as in myself. How I came to the conclusion? Personal opinion. That is the only answer you will get. XD Because really, it would be pointless to even go into "why", because again it's my opinion and you simply will just disagree with me. I will say though, it has to do with bunch of the features as well as it being elder scrolls. They may not be the best features available, but it's the first time I can find many features I like in 1 single game.

It's been a while since that happened ... well actually I don't think it really ever happened. ESO certainly isn't exactly what i am looking for either, but it's the closest.

Edit: Though keep in mind all that can change real quick. It mostly depends on how development of the game goes.

Originally posted by azzamasin
    Originally posted by DocBrody everyone will buy it anyway
    Pretty much.  Even I plan on buying nad playing, but how long will it keep me is the big question, as of right now I will go into this the same way as I did going into SWTOR, a game to be played till I hit the level cap and fin all the exploration/questing content.

it will take a while to go through all the content from the sounds of it, unless you are a power gamer.

if that is the case then i would say no themepark mmo is going to be for you in terms of longevity.

but if they follow through with the claims they have made so far, there will be a lot of content at least.

Originally posted by Braindome
    I was excited to see that there is a nice new looking first person mode, on the same hand I was disappointed to hear that it is "optional".I mean seriously, the people that are going to most want this game are going to be Elder Scrolls fans and the fact that being in third person will pretty much be required to be competitive is just mind numbingly retarded. If someone complains that there is no third person mode and Bethesda listens then obviously they aren't going after the core fanbase which I see as a major problem.Wake me up when I can sneak up behind someone and pickpocket them.

pvp in first person? no thanks.