Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What was your biggest MMO disappointment?

Comments

• LycaerixLycaerix Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Originally posted by Torque2484
    You know what honestly I have never been disappointed with any MMO I have played and I have played a lot.

Haha... I think you're the gamer every MMO developer hopes to lure in :)

• Torque2484Torque2484 Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Originally posted by Ulvenkai
    Originally posted by Torque2484
    You know what honestly I have never been disappointed with any MMO I have played and I have played a lot.

Haha... I think you're the gamer every MMO developer hopes to lure in :)

Maybe but I do research before I play any game and if I seem to like it well then I am going to play it.  Actually I have been in a lot of beta's and I am able to see what the game is like then so, the games I play I have more likely played before I pay for them.

• bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087
    WAR... so much potential wasted. 
  • madnosmadnos Member Posts: 84

For me ,

Vanguard

AoC

Gods and Heroes  , Lol.....(Twice)  :D

• TyranusPrimeTyranusPrime Member UncommonPosts: 306

Addendum to my previous post..

I think I have to alter my last posted statement.. There IS one game that did disappoint me very seriously.. Tera.. Sure, this game had plenty of eye candy.. but, I don't think I have ever seen a game more heavily "on the rails" than this one.. Almost no latitude at all to venture off to another zone other than where you had to be.. Even the much vaunted "action combat" was a pale shadow of DC Online's more fluid style..

..because we're gamers, damn it!! - William Massachusetts (Log Horizon)

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Icewhite

The shutdown of CoX.

Hadn't played it in a good long time, but I will definitely always miss it. Up yours, NCSoft.

I want to agree with this but also feel like I should include a launch title which would be SWTOR just so much wasted potential. Warhammer and Vanguard get a shout out as well.

Nothing was more gut-wrenching and just plain sad than NCSoft taking City of Heroes out back with it's puppy dog eyes and giving it the Old Yeller when it could have been saved.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• BoardwalkerBoardwalker Member UncommonPosts: 388
    None really. I enjoy every MMO that I play, to one degree or another. My biggest disappointment is that I don't have time to play them all.

They can adjust a game all day, but they can't help the issue between the keyboard and the chair.
    Played: UO, DAoC, AC, WoW, EVE, TR, WAR, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, GW2, TSW, ESO, Elite:D
    Play EVE for free for 21 days

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Mine has to be MMO development on consoles , well actually lack there of. 

True Fantasy live on xbox - cancelled 

Huxley on xbox - again cancelled and sold to an Asian company.

The Agency on PS3 - cancelled

Phantasy Star Portable 2 infinity - No Western release , even though the game was the best incarnation of PSU and was on a handheld console for gods sake ! Yes I am bitter. You could design your own maps damn you SEGA!

Phantasy Star Online 2 - again no western release , yet , 1 year on from the Japanese release.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• MasterfuzzfuzzMasterfuzzfuzz Member Posts: 169
    Originally posted by tixylix

EQ - Luclin and PoP ruining the game

EQ had its highest subs during PoP. I thought it was the last good expansion.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Distopia
    The CU and NGE "upgrades" to SWG.

Yeah when NGE came and basically killed the Trials of Obiwan expansion I was pretty disappointed. The rest of the mmos I've played and have gotten my money's worth.
    Its the only time I have ever requested a refund on a video game.

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

Dark and Light (Or what it was meant to be)

And Vanguard

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
    Originally posted by Masterfuzzfuzz

That is surprising..  I loved the Kunark, and SoV expansions (BEST  ever in any game) but Luclin was ok.. I liked that they added starting zones and gave us all a horizontal path as well as vertical.. However there were parts that pissed me off.. Luclin was the start of the end for kiting for druids (so many mobs were snare resistant).. But in all, I would give Luclin a B grade.. Now as for PoP.. YES I whole heartily agree that was a D grade start of the end of EQ as we know it.. PoP cause many more problems within the community and gaming experience then any benefit that came from it..  It wasn't long after that I hung up my EQ boots and moved on.

• ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757

probably WISH being canceled while still in beta.

a close 2nd though, is the SWG CU/NGE changes

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    All Points Bulletin -_-

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• JeyhuJeyhu Member UncommonPosts: 90
    I'd have to go with GW2. It was so promising but the lack of skills, mixing classes, no rewards after level 80, and pseudo action combat really wasn't what I thought it was gonna be. No sub so worth the purchase but it felt very average.

I can agree with lack of skills, the weapon sets needed to be more.  Devs have said they are adding in more skills and traits, eventually weapons to solve that.  Mixing of the classes was a huge part of the imbalance of GW1, so I'm glad that's gone.  No rewards after level 80?  That's complete BS though.  If you mean no gear treadmill that changes 4 times a year then ya I agree.  However, I've received tons of new weapon skins, armor, and other items that are rewards I got as a level 80.

Just because something doesn't have a +2 attached to it, doesn't mean it's not a reward.

Biggest let down for me was SWTOR, biggest future let down will be ESO.

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

EQ2

Huge fan of the franchise, but was sorely disappointed when none of my abilities 40+ worked at launch. In fact, the first time we killed vox she dropped level 10 common loot.

SWTOR

As I told them in beta when characters were getting stuck in memory leaks for days and characters could get a virus not letting them enter instances, I wouldn't play this game if it was free. Coincidence?

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by MindTrigger
    Originally posted by Hatefull
    Originally posted by eccoton
    The switch from SWG to SWG-NGE. What the hell were they thinking! For me a game at release that I was very disappointed with was LOTRO. While I think it is a good game and I played on and off for years, it was not the sandbox that I hoped it could be. I really would love a LOTR sandbox game in the way SWG was. I want to live in the Shire and be a gardener!

SWG - to SWG-NGE for me as well.

and SWTOR...what were they thinking?  Waste of an IP, a terrible waste.

To be honest, if we had an updated version of the NGE right now, it's still a thousand times more interesting a game than most everything else on the market, IMO.  I'd prefer a modern version of pre-NGE of course.

Agreed, even considering NGE was the greatest blunder this side of ET IMO.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    The NGE, Planes of Power, Wrath Of The Lich King, Lord Of The Rings Online. sigh......
  • tman5tman5 Member Posts: 604

SWG:NGE

To this day, it is a major reason I cannot enjoy a another MMO.  That, and most other MMOs suck.

STO

Kinda of like the JJ Abrams films: Take a random sampling of Star Trek terms and trivia, add some lens flare and noise, shake thoroughly and hope no one notices they really don't understand Star Trek.

Originally posted by Rydeson

That is surprising..  I loved the Kunark, and SoV expansions (BEST  ever in any game) but Luclin was ok.. I liked that they added starting zones and gave us all a horizontal path as well as vertical.. However there were parts that pissed me off.. Luclin was the start of the end for kiting for druids (so many mobs were snare resistant).. But in all, I would give Luclin a B grade.. Now as for PoP.. YES I whole heartily agree that was a D grade start of the end of EQ as we know it.. PoP cause many more problems within the community and gaming experience then any benefit that came from it..  It wasn't long after that I hung up my EQ boots and moved on.

Luclin is still to date the worst expansion for me. The only good things were beastlords, graphics and AAs. I hated everything about that stupid ass moon.

PoP had the best raid progression I've ever played. I played the most then

• sui2ksui2k Member UncommonPosts: 30
    The Shutdown of Tabula Rasa .. still makes me wanna cry :/ 
  • Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809

Luclin is still to date the worst expansion for me. The only good things were beastlords, graphics and AAs. I hated everything about that stupid ass moon.

POP was the start of the end for a lot of old time EQ players. The portals to pretty much anywhere in the world ruined it. It was in its raw form the start of what we call lobby games. 

Originally posted by Zeppelin4

POP was the start of the end for a lot of old time EQ players. The portals to pretty much anywhere in the world ruined it. It was in its raw form the start of what we call lobby games. 

I can agree with that. Honestly, if they took out that travel system, pop was a great expansion. PoTranquility was perfect. So many places to go.