Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Replayability?

I am planning on buying TSW on steam for half price to give it a try. As an Age of Conan player since launch, I was always hesitant to get into another Funcom game, as the games seem to be addicting yet horribly managed. I'm now willing to give it a shot.

Just a question I had: Is there a need to make alts? Or do you get everything with one character?

I guess I don't understand exactly how the mechanics work. I would like to make alts and take different paths, but with the customizability, I'm wondering if it's pointless to go through the game again with a different character. If any veteran can explain the exact mechanics I think I could get an idea if an alt is a viable option.

Thanks.

±MeDiC±

Comments

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

There is no need to make alts. Everything can be done on main character. Only reason to make an alt is if you want faction specific uniforms / costumes or experince storyline from prespective of other factions.

All missions are replayable excepet for main storyline (and few other investigation missions) and although for many doing raiding is end game to get 10.4 QL gear for me it is about maxing out the skill wheel.

It gets pretty boring after a while though because it is only so many times you can keep repeating same missions over and over again.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• chopstix906chopstix906 Member Posts: 60

Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    There is no need to make alts. Everything can be done on main character. Only reason to make an alt is if you want faction specific uniforms / costumes or experince storyline from prespective of other factions.All missions are replayable excepet for main storyline (and few other investigation missions) and although for many doing raiding is end game to get 10.4 QL gear for me it is about maxing out the skill wheel.It gets pretty boring after a while though because it is only so many times you can keep repeating same missions over and over again.

Is there at least unique character creation for each faction? Like Dragon as more Asian characters in creation and so forth?

±MeDiC±

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by chopstix906

As an Age of Conan player since launch, I was always hesitant to get into another Funcom game, as the games seem to be addicting yet horribly managed.

I'm a fan but even I have to admit the truth in that line :) (on their favor they're improving during the years)

For the question, Doogie's right, you have 3 char.slots and that's more than enough. One character (to rule them all :) ) can do everything in the game (and this comes from an avid altoholic...). So yep, there's barely no point to have multiple alts besides the faction outfits and your place in pvp, if you're interested in that.

Oh, and of course the mission briefings are different, and there are slight differences in the infos you can get from npc's - but nothing important, really.

Edit: to the next one: not really, you can have an asian-looking templar if you want, or anything else :) the character creation is not that faction-separated as in AoC.

• chopstix906chopstix906 Member Posts: 60

Okay thanks for the replies, guys. They helped. I think I'll toy around with character creation and make a few and then decide on one to pursue.

±MeDiC±

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    yeah 1 character is all you need but the stories, lore and vibe or so interesting I think you will enjoy for these reasons alone. Well worth the couple bucks it's going for these days.