Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kartuga: Development Ceases

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 17,160MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Ticking Bomb Games has announced the closure of the studio and the cessation of development on Kartuga, a pirate themed MMO. According to the press release, the cross-platform development goal of InnoGames led to the decision.

“Kartuga had a lot of potential, the exciting setting and high-quality graphics stood out especially, but the closed beta and player feedback showed that it wouldn’t fit the companies’ goals for the future. Now InnoGames can focus even more on cross-platform projects currently in development in-house,” Klindworth said.

See more on the Kartuga site.

Associate Editor:
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

• PurutzilPurutzil East Stroudsburg, PAPosts: 2,939Member Uncommon
    Well I'll admit, I've never heard of the studio or this game ever. None the less, sad to see a studio having to close down.
  • KonfessKonfess Dallas, TXPosts: 979Member Uncommon
    I hate seeing "Tall Ships" being depicted as maneuvering like this. 

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.

• IchmenIchmen Winnipeg, MBPosts: 1,228Member
    never heard of this game or studio but looking at the trailor makes me glad the game is dead... cause ship of the lines do not turn on a dime or speed around like a formula one car... looks like a game purely created for wow factor and money grab then any serious style game for nautical pirateish  games

CPU: Intel Core i7 CPU 860 2.8GHz
    Evga GeForce 670 FTW
    Evga P55 SLI

• DeanGreyDeanGrey Fresno, CAPosts: 154Member Uncommon
    Looks like it would work as a fun arcade game.