Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: Fury of the Feywild to be Released August 22nd

2»

Comments

• Maleus666Maleus666 Member UncommonPosts: 75

This game is awesome till you hit 60. Then the queues wont work often, the limit of 3 queues kills the fun because we have to wait a long time till something pops and PvP was killed by bots. And Gauntlgrym is such impossible to me because i play without guilds and all guilds i've made part didn't have enough ppl fot it. So, end game is pretty dead. 

Go to hell!

• DarkagesDarkages Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Originally posted by evilastro

1) No content for another month and a half? How long did they really think Gauntlgrym would last? Also the current endgame seriously lacks challenge.

2) The monetisation is out of hand, the founders packs were fine, but now they are just taking the piss. Will they be having these overpriced packs with every module? Will it be exclusive classes next?

3) It has been well over 60 days, where is Drow?

Just far too greedy. The sad thing is people would have actually spent more cash on the game if the prices were reasonable, like $5 for bags, outfits and companions, $10 for mounts.  

Agree, especially with your last statement about the pricing of their cash shop.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,672
    Originally posted by Ryowulf

Its a ftp game. They need to make money somehow.  You aren't being forced to buy any of this so what's the problem? Wait let me guess, "We want everything free and we want it all right now"

That said, I would like to see races/classes sold by themselves. 

Now we all know there are a range of free to play models. Currently there is possibly the widest range of high profile non-subscription games there has ever been. Some of these appear to have got the model just about right, quoting Rift for example.

Others have put harsher restrictions in the ftp model, or in this case produced a bug ridden, exploit loaded game with an exorbitant cash shop.

It's not a question of everything for free, it is how this one compares to the other ftp games in terms of pricing, content and quality - awful.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by JudgeUK

Some of these appear to have got the model just about right, quoting Rift for example.

I agree that Rift has an awesome model implemented, but there's a difference, Rift is freemium. As in a former sub-only game, switched to free with the option of subscription, so if one wants there's still the way of paying the monthly fee, with benefits that are definitely worth the sub.

Neverwinter was built from the scratch as a f2p game, and there's no subscription, no different account types, nothing. If they want money, they have to "earn" it, constantly. And the players have the option to not buy anything :)

• VlackeVlacke Member UncommonPosts: 155

Frankly i am not surprised at all by any of this.

Neverwinters cash shop is by far the most horrendously overpriced one out of all the games with micro transactions in the market currently.

PWE and Cryptic just nickle and dime at every possible corner while in the meantime they are unable to deliver quality content that this game is in desperate need of.

The fact that they haven't made a single new class even though the new classes are probably the most requested thing, speaks volumes.

• GemmicGemmic Member Posts: 2

I'm playing this game atm, and it's a lot of fun.

You guys act like the world is ending for an optional pack. I haven't spent any money, and I don't think I will.

It's a Free to Play game.

• jshrmstrngjshrmstrng Member UncommonPosts: 13
    I would have to agree with what everyone else is saying.  These guys had me into the game before it was out because I'm a diehard forgotten realms/dnd fan, I HAD to get the $200 founders pack and now I've actually bought all of the packs they currently have and a few hundred dollars on top of that.  I'm am starting to find the lack of content and depth in this game and I was defending the game before but now I'm starting to find that it is pretty much a waste.  I'm hoping Ranger is released soon as well, but I am starting to doubt that anything interesting is going to be put into the game any time soon.  From someone who has thrown about $500 into Neverwinter, I will say now that there is no way I'm going to putting any more money into the game, there just isn't any reason to.  As someone who defended the whole p2w debate that raged on, I have to say I am really disappointed to have to turn around and agree that PWE is really making themselves out to be cheating their paying customers who want to enjoy the game.  Everything is overpriced and unfortunately I doubt that this Cryptic company is going to turn things around.  You will not be getting any more money out of me unless it is WORTH IT.

• Jyd111Jyd111 Member UncommonPosts: 27

I have played to level 60 now without spending a dime and had a ton of fun, but at 60 the fun ended fast!!!!!

Give me back SWG at sunset and keep adding to it and I would pay twice what it was costing.

• vectorianvectorian Member UncommonPosts: 4

Well I bought their founder pack during launch plus several other ZEN top-up but finally I must say they have lost me as a player for good cause I just think they are far too money-minded. Really do not see this game being anymore engaging.

• TSberriTSberri Member UncommonPosts: 5

if you've played any of PWE's other games, you will already be familiar with their F2P concept.  in all actuality,  it would be cheaper to sub their games than use the CS.  if you like the game and like crafting, PWE/criptic aren't that bad.  frustrating as hell with the tiered quality of assets/resources and craftsmen but others like the challenge.

i pre-purchased the $60 pak.  most any game out there at release are costing that much so to me, it was acceptable.  historically, PWE nerfs anything they say will be "rare" or "never available after release"... give them another month and they'll be giving them away in the lock boxes (which you have to CS to get the keys to open them).  go figure.

two of my toons are in the 50's and one in the mid 30's but the game got boring.  i can't imagine the grinding at lv 60.   that seems to be a common theme with PWE too; grind on, McDuff... grind on.  how many portable altars do you have now?  lol.  the last five levels on each toon has been accomplished primarily from just invoking and crafting when i feel like logging in.  both my 50's are at the quest to drive the swords into the temple door.  there really is a balance issue here. lol.

right now, microsoft's mahjong solitare is more exciting to play =(

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    How are those things "unique"?

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!