Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone have sub numbers for Age of Wushu/Wulin or number of active players?

ozmonoozmono Member UncommonPosts: 1,211
I just read someone saying it was bigger than WoW globally and I couldn't find the numbers, so does anyone have the sub numbers for it or the amount of active players worldwide?

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Its a free to play game. Those numbers will be even more made up then the numbers for pay to play mmos. I remember when Perfect World was saying it was over 15 million world wide. image
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Yeah the f2p mmos are hard to gauge. They will count anyone who ever even blinked in their general direction as a lifetime sub. The numbers they tout are nuts. Doesnt maple story claim to have like 60 mil lol

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

The better gauge is to look at their financial statement and how much money the game is making.

LoL has 30M+ monthly active users. That is like 4x WOW.

• ozmonoozmono Member UncommonPosts: 1,211
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Its a free to play game. Those numbers will be even more made up then the numbers for pay to play mmos. I remember when Perfect World was saying it was over 15 million world wide. image

Noted, but even so I would still appreciate the numbers, so long as they are atleast semi accurate.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Ya bc exaggerated those....

Originally posted by nariusseldon

The better gauge is to look at their financial statement and how much money the game is making.

LoL has 30M+ monthly active users. That is like 4x WOW.

I'd be happy if anyone has that information too or instead.

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397

Like others are saying, its hard to gauge numbers in F2P MMO since they never release real information on active players. AoW is no different, I couldn't find the numbers worldwide but in China, it's over 10 million registered users. Source

10 million registered users is nothing for a F2P MMO. I'm also pretty sure the numbers didn't get that much higher when it was released in NA and EU. Even WoW have easily 2 or 3 time this number and it's not even a F2P. WoW are around 8.3 million active subs ATM. Source

So don't listen to the AoW fanboy who said that AoW had more players than WoW and that Snail Games could make more money with their Jet-Li movie than Blizzard could with a WoW movie lol.

Originally posted by SirFubar

Like others are saying, its hard to gauge numbers in F2P MMO since they never release real information on active players. AoW is no different, I couldn't find the numbers worldwide but in China, it's over 10 million registered users. Source

10 million registered users is nothing for a F2P MMO. I'm also pretty sure the numbers didn't get that much higher when it was released in NA and EU. Even WoW have easily 2 or 3 time this number and it's not even a F2P. WoW are around 8.3 million active subs ATM. Source

So don't listen to the AoW fanboy who said that AoW had more players than WoW and that Snail Games could make more money with their Jet-Li movie than Blizzard could with a WoW movie lol.

Thanks.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by ozmono

Thanks.

http://eon.businesswire.com/news/eon/20120606006747/en/Age-of-Wulin/martial-arts/beta

20 million listed here. I've seen something where SnailGames said 15 million. 

edit - here is another  http://finance.boston.com/boston/news/read/21514469/snail_games%E2%80%99_item_sales_opening_day_of_open_beta

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Whatever snail games may say, cut that by 1/3rd for currently playing people. Then half of that for people who pay anything. This number would probably be more accurate.

"With over 1,500 employees, Snail Game has a global presence, with offices in China (Suzhou and Shanghai), Taiwan, Russia and the US, and has localized its games into more than 20 languages."

I didn't know this. 1500 people is a lot. 

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Originally posted by bcbully

"With over 1,500 employees, Snail Game has a global presence, with offices in China (Suzhou and Shanghai), Taiwan, Russia and the US, and has localized its games into more than 20 languages."

Keep in mind that Snail Games is a global company. With offices in 4 different countries. And they've been around for quite a while in China.

• angelknight4angelknight4 Member Posts: 98
    Originally posted by Torcip

Keep in mind that Snail Games is a global company. With offices in 4 different countries. And they've been around for quite a while in China.

You forgot about the big lay off around June. Then SnailUSA basically allocate the majority of staffs for the new game (Black Gold?). It's not like Snail USA has lot of staffs to begin with, but now they barely have enough staffs to manage the game.

On forum, you only see EarthQuake doing occasionally posting and kitchen advertisement bots spamming the forum. In game, it took days for a simple GM Q&A.

I guess after 8 months, there are still people who refuse to tell the truth. Want to know the real truth, go to their official forum and see for yourself, bots/complaint/events not working, then kitchen advertisement are the main posts.

Oh, let's not forget Red Phoenix server, the Shredded Beef recipe for RG 3rd inner still a hot topic and it has been weeks since the problem occur, all those complaint, tickets are getting nowhere at all.

Snail USA has like 9 people. Me, you and a few friends could do just as good lol.
    Snail USA has like 9 people. Me, you and a few friends could do just as good lol.

Based on the listing in May, they did have 9 ppl, but lay off on June, so not sure how many now.

Snail did say they put more staffs on their new game, so even less I guess.

And yes, support is really horrible now. One of my friend got stuck in Tang's order due to her carelessness and she tried to contact GM ingame for 3 days, no answer at all.

Originally posted by angelknight4

Based on the listing in May, they did have 9 ppl, but lay off on June, so not sure how many now.

And yes, support is really horrible now. One of my friend got stuck in Tang's order due to her carelessness and she tried to contact GM ingame for 3 days, no answer at all.

No one there over the weekend. She will probably get a reply tomorrow. I got stuck once, a day later the GM popped in behind me and said "Hello Hemlock." and gave me the thing I needed. 

If need be have her PM me in game, I might be able to help, if not I can probably find someone.

No one there over the weekend. She will probably get a reply tomorrow. I got stuck once, a day later the GM popped in behind me and said "Hello Hemlock." and gave me the thing I needed. 

If need be have her PM me in game, I might be able to help, if not I can probably find someone.

It happens last week during weekday during their work hours, she keep getting in line for hours and then nothing after. She already pass that quest and is now working on lv 31+.

And yes, I also asked her to send email to support, but besides the auto-reply, nothing after.

It happens last week during weekday during their work hours, she keep getting in line for hours and then nothing after. She already pass that quest and is now working on lv 31+.

And yes, I also asked her to send email to support, but besides the auto-reply, nothing after.

Since she was able to make it past, it probably wasn't a bug. They usually don't reply when someone is just "stuck".

Thanks.

http://eon.businesswire.com/news/eon/20120606006747/en/Age-of-Wulin/martial-arts/beta

edit - here is another  http://finance.boston.com/boston/news/read/21514469/snail_games%E2%80%99_item_sales_opening_day_of_open_beta

Like other f2p games you know those don't mean they have that number of players actively playing.

Originally posted by Kuppa

Thanks.

Like other f2p games you know those don't mean they have that number of players actively playing.

Wushu is sub with a free to play option.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Oh, let's not forget Red Phoenix server, the Shredded Beef recipe for RG 3rd inner still a hot topic and it has been weeks since the problem occur, all those complaint, tickets are getting nowhere at all.

While I don't question the gravity of the issue, to those of us not versed in AoW gameplay, that reads rather humorously.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Originally posted by Loktofeit

While I don't question the gravity of the issue, to those of us not versed in AoW gameplay, that reads rather humorously.

Aaah thanks for highlighting this. 

Shredded beef is a really rare chef recipe that drops in the first instance. Royal Guards need shredded beef in order to progress their third internal. This is no bug, just like Scholars need a poem called Legend of Mr. Wului, which is transcribed by lucky calligraphers. I happened to be one of the maybe 5 people who can make the Mr. Wului. Each one takes 3-5 mins for me to physically craft if I don't mess up.

The "Problem" he is speaking of is a problem of him not wanting to buy them from the lucky chef who can make them :p No two crafters are the same in age of Wushu. There's some really rare shit out there.

Originally posted by Kuppa

Thanks.

Wushu is sub with a free to play option.

So all the f2p games with sub options that as well?? You can't just change words around when it's the game you like bc...

Regardless of what it is they are counting both. And you can be sure the majority is using the "f2p option".

Shredded beef is a really rare chef recipe that drops in the first instance. Royal Guards need shredded beef in order to progress their third internal. This is no bug, just like Scholars need a poem called Legend of Mr. Wului, which is transcribed by lucky calligraphers. I happened to be one of the maybe 5 people who can make the Mr. Wului. Each one takes 3-5 mins for me to physically craft if I don't mess up.

The "Problem" he is speaking of is a problem of him not wanting to buy them from the lucky chef who can make them :p No two crafters are the same in age of Wushu. There's some really rare shit out there.

And you are lying again. For weeks, people in Red Phoenix spent hundreds upon hundreds of run on TV and yet it never drop. However, in Blue Dragon, my guild mate got it drop several times here. So tell me again how is that not a bug?

Some of my friends who moved to RP server and they never got it drops despite non-stop farming. And I remember saying again and again I am playing on Blue Dragon, yet you just have to paint negative picture on people who point out the problem with the game.

As for "No two crafters are the same". Sound like advertisement when they want you to play the game, it's called randoms.

I bet you don't play much game with random stats on equip. It's all luck and yet several time you intentionally misleading people with this statement. Perhaps try Aion to see for change, it has random tuning, random HQ to get better equipment and random recipe as well, sound like AoW? Oh, that's right, it's not since AoW crafting is so unique it has NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE *roll eyes*

And you are lying again. For weeks, people in Red Phoenix spent hundreds upon hundreds of run on TV and yet it never drop. However, in Blue Dragon, my guild mate got it drop several times here. So tell me again how is that not a bug?

Some of my friends who moved to RP server and they never got it drops despite non-stop farming. And I remember saying again and again I am playing on Blue Dragon, yet you just have to paint negative picture on people who point out the problem with the game.

As for "No two crafters are the same". Sound like advertisement when they want you to play the game, it's called randoms.

I bet you don't play much game with random stats on equip. It's all luck and yet several time you intentionally misleading people with this statement. Perhaps try Aion to see for change, it has random tuning, random HQ to get better equipment and random recipe as well, sound like AoW? Oh, that's right, it's not since AoW crafting is so unique it has NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE *roll eyes*

On BlueDragon, the orginal server, there are no more than 10 people who have that recipe. Over the course of 7 months, 10 people at most. The calligraphy one I have only 5 and one of those people doesn't play anymore. Again over seven months, and thousands of runs. It's real rare. If there was a problem beyond this, I do not know. 

No two crafters are the same, from their recipes to the talent.  No two fully enchanted items are the same, the stats are all random. Are you debating this?