Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open beta

ImpsyImpsy Member UncommonPosts: 53

When does Open Beta officially start?

Is it true that characters made in open beta will not be deleted for release?

Sorry if I'm asking the same questions, and thanks for your feedback!

Comments

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785

End of July, begining of August.

No, they won't if everything goes well.

• SkaioverrideSkaioverride Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Open beta is a few  weeks after this last closed beta but there is no set date yet, and yes,  characters created during open beta will not be deleted and will carry over to release (if everything goes well and without any major complications.)
  • koalakkoalak Member Posts: 75
    How do you join the open beta do you have to preorder or something?
  • NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Originally posted by koalak
    How do you join the open beta do you have to preorder or something?

No, but registering for beta couldn't hurt.

• koalakkoalak Member Posts: 75
    how do i register for it
  • SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    Originally posted by koalak
    how do i register for it

https://secure.square-enix.com/enqt/e/FF14RBETAENTRYN/html?

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259

There is currently a bug in crafting that people say may be big enough for open beta characters to not roll over. I'm not sure I can give the details but it seems serious  enough that can cause issues with the market place prices. I hope it gets resolved but they have not acknowledged it yet =/.

Super excited for Open Beta to start though =)

• BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562
    Originally posted by angerbeaver

There is currently a bug in crafting that people say may be big enough for open beta characters to not roll over. I'm not sure I can give the details but it seems serious  enough that can cause issues with the market place prices. I hope it gets resolved but they have not acknowledged it yet =/.

Being able to 100% hq things without issue is a huge bug lol. I'm sure they'll have this fixed before phase 4.

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    Originally posted by Blazeyer
    Originally posted by angerbeaver

Being able to 100% hq things without issue is a huge bug lol. I'm sure they'll have this fixed before phase 4.

When I read about it this morning it was still not acknowledged as a bug though and it had been reported in a previous week and still not acknowledged so people are just worried it is not being addressed. I agree it seems obvious it needs fixing but we'll have to see.