Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance: 72 Hour Trial Offered

2»

Comments

• ErindalErindal Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Originally posted by Toxia
     the other poster who complained about EGO levels-

Ego level only affects the perks you can equip, you can be level 1 and run all the way to other side of the map and still be just fine. Weapons do not increase in DMG with level, you only get minor(x1.03, yeah .03% difference in dmg) from mods added.

So much misinformation in this thread already. Should look into a game before running your mouth off about it, eh?

Have to agree about misinformation. 100% = 1 so x1.03 = +3%. 

Some had to visit school more often. 

• akronakron Member UncommonPosts: 38
    A time-limited trial that starts as soon as you sign up? Pretty bad. I'd say any decent trial should start from the first login into the client, or after creating your first character. Cut people a bit of slack.
  • dorugudorugu Member UncommonPosts: 184
    aint it possible 2 dl th client n patch it up b4 registering fer trial?
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by DwarfZZZ
    Originally posted by Dakeru
    AND I expect the game to go f2p within the next 6 months anyway.

The game is buy to play.

I'm talking about a cash shop income though. If they already have to lower the price to 10 bucks a box then they are better off luring as many people as possible with a f2p model.

Harbinger of Fools
  • SoulStainSoulStain Member Posts: 202
    Originally posted by Krighton
    Originally posted by Rhonen

On Steam the price of this game recently dropped and now they are giving away free 72 hour passes.  Could be wrong but it seems like they are in dire need of people to play this game.  If this did not involve PvP then I might have given this a go but....

Ratero.

They are. it's was DOA, launch day.  It will run with a skeleton group of niche players that have little taste. Younger console kiddies with a little "Puter" experience. "Push button ..go!"

This time next year, it'll be shutdown.

Was this launch day on a UK server or something? Just asking because there were plenty of players when I was playing on the US server on launch day. Granted I have ADD and played for about three weeks then started to drift around per normal. I recently went back 3 days ago and am enjoying myself. I was surprised by the number of players now (because I'm so used to new multiplayer games/MMOS dropping pop until nearly a ghosttown in a month or so) but the steam sale and now this 72hr trial seems to explain that. I hope they stick around for a while.

Stil...for $13.99 on steam...and maybe even to go lower by the end of the sales...I dont see how anyone cant get their moneys worth unless one just doesnt like FPS/TPSs.

• AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178

Look guys.

I loved defiance.

Loved in the way that it was awesome.

However Trion time and again breaks their game so badly. So horribly.  Even I as a fanboy can tell you this.

Just play the trial. Please for the love of god do not buy this game and support their disaster in design choices.

It was a good game. It's not this game where you use an Infector and spray until your "bugs" auto kill something.

Enemies have PERFECT aim to make up for lack of AI (They never miss...ever)

That and quite frankly the amount of enemy types is pathetic.

I highly suggest not buying this game until Trion starts making it right with it's base. Play it and experience on your own by all means. But do not get suckered in. After 4 days the bugs will get to you. There are MANY MANY bugs.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Not interested.

Trion make sure you do a good job with Archeage, no one cares about hybrids like EON and Defiance.

People want to play MMORPGs

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Well its a good deal. You can finish the main storyline and side missions in 72 hours. After that no reason to buy the game.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• TzykiraTzykira Member Posts: 13
    I would love to enjoy the trial, but im getting error's while installing the game so ya, thats a no for me
  • DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by Tzykira
    I would love to enjoy the trial, but im getting error's while installing the game so ya, thats a no for me

When patcher is that bad (since release) it should tell you something about the game.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• TzykiraTzykira Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    Originally posted by Tzykira

When patcher is that bad (since release) it should tell you something about the game.

Thats why i stopped trying to make it work

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    A 3 day trial is smart, because it takes precisely 4 days to get bored with Defiance.

Joined - July 2004

• Aldous.HuxleyAldous.Huxley Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418
    Originally posted by Demmi77
    Originally posted by Kleptobrainiac
    This game is shallow. If you're looking for a game to play for a few weeks, this is it. Personally, it's not worth the time it takes to download & set up an account. Be warned.

oh dude, did you enter your 100+ arkfall codes?

Ahem... no comment...

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    They might as well make it f2p trial forever. Then charge you to go further if you aren't bored yet.
  • SmimonSmimon Member Posts: 62
    serien sög spelet sög
  • S4ndurS4ndur Member UncommonPosts: 19
    So I tried the game. Didnt get past the bugged patcher after several fix attempts and reboots. Worst game ever. Screw it. I dont even want to try it anymore.

Catch you on the planetside!