Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Question on open beta characters

If I play the open beta, I'd like to play a class I don't currently plan on playing with release. However, in order to do this, I would need to be able to delete the character so I could start over at launch. Does anyone know if this option will be available when transitioning from beta to full release, or am I locked into whatever character I choose?

Comments

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Ul''dah, CAPosts: 1,537Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by separateunion
    If I play the open beta, I'd like to play a class I don't currently plan on playing with release. However, in order to do this, I would need to be able to delete the character so I could start over at launch. Does anyone know if this option will be available when transitioning from beta to full release, or am I locked into whatever character I choose?

You should be able to delete any character you want.

When faced with strife or discontent, the true nature of a man is brought forth. It is then when we see the character of the individual. It is then we are able to tell if he is mature enough to grin and bare it, or subject his fellow man to his complaints and woes.

• rush1984rush1984 essexPosts: 178Member Uncommon

i have feeling you knew the answer to this question but you asked it anyway...

why wouldnt you be able to delete a character in a mmo, is there a mmo in excistence  that has ever denied you this action?

i think not, stupid question

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Alexandria, VAPosts: 4,554Member Uncommon
    I never could find the delete button in the character select screen in phase 3 so im actually curious
  • zinnikeyszinnikeys Chesapeake, VAPosts: 44Member
    Just right click your character name in the selection screen and you get a drop box :)
  • GormogonGormogon Waukegan, ILPosts: 188Member Uncommon

right click the character name on the character select screen for the delete option.

After you confirm you have to sit through a countdown (I believe the UI element here is slightly bugged, but your character will be deleted when the countdown ends).

EDIT: Agh! Beaten to it. 

• OzivoisOzivois Phoenix, AZPosts: 598Member
    Characters will be wiped after beta
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Alexandria, VAPosts: 4,554Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Ozivois

not in open beta

• alkarionlogalkarionlog SPosts: 1,125Member Uncommon
    just a side question if you can learn all classes and crafts why you will want to delete the char?

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.

• HolophonistHolophonist Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 2,086Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by rush1984

why wouldnt you be able to delete a character in a mmo, is there a mmo in excistence  that has ever denied you this action?

It's not at all unheard of to have a relatively long wait for deleting characters... up to like 7 days. I think that's usually in games where you can have multiple characters though. But you never know if the guy would want to keep the same name or something. Not a stupid question.

• SawlstoneSawlstone barrie, ONPosts: 301Member
    Will we be able to make a character in Beta that we can play at launch? If so when?
  • separateunionseparateunion Vacaville, CAPosts: 29Member
    Originally posted by rush1984

I always appreciate snarky responses. They're so helpful.

I haven't seriously played an MMO since I quit WoW three and a half years ago. I think the only MMO I've ever played that allowed you only a single character slot without paying extra was FFXI, and I haven't played that in over eight years. Taking into consideration we're talking about transferring characters from an open beta (something I've never been involved in) to a full release along with the fact that I am unfamiliar with the rules on single character MMO accounts, I'd say my question is pretty valid. Sorry I'm not as with it when it comes to MMOs as you are. Please enlighten us with the wealth of intelligence that your inability to type seems to indicate that you lack.

• MargulisMargulis Glendale, AZPosts: 1,614Member
    Originally posted by tkreep
    Originally posted by Ozivois

not in open beta

well, hopefully not anyway, lol.  There is that bullet point in the notes that said they will wipe if they have to