Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question on open beta characters

If I play the open beta, I'd like to play a class I don't currently plan on playing with release. However, in order to do this, I would need to be able to delete the character so I could start over at launch. Does anyone know if this option will be available when transitioning from beta to full release, or am I locked into whatever character I choose?

Comments

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Originally posted by separateunion
    If I play the open beta, I'd like to play a class I don't currently plan on playing with release. However, in order to do this, I would need to be able to delete the character so I could start over at launch. Does anyone know if this option will be available when transitioning from beta to full release, or am I locked into whatever character I choose?

You should be able to delete any character you want.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • rush1984rush1984 Member UncommonPosts: 371

i have feeling you knew the answer to this question but you asked it anyway...

why wouldnt you be able to delete a character in a mmo, is there a mmo in excistence  that has ever denied you this action?

i think not, stupid question

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    I never could find the delete button in the character select screen in phase 3 so im actually curious
  • zinnikeyszinnikeys Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Just right click your character name in the selection screen and you get a drop box :)
  • GormogonGormogon Member UncommonPosts: 224

right click the character name on the character select screen for the delete option.

After you confirm you have to sit through a countdown (I believe the UI element here is slightly bugged, but your character will be deleted when the countdown ends).

EDIT: Agh! Beaten to it. 

• OzivoisOzivois Member UncommonPosts: 598
    Characters will be wiped after beta
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Ozivois

not in open beta

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    just a side question if you can learn all classes and crafts why you will want to delete the char?
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Originally posted by rush1984

why wouldnt you be able to delete a character in a mmo, is there a mmo in excistence  that has ever denied you this action?

It's not at all unheard of to have a relatively long wait for deleting characters... up to like 7 days. I think that's usually in games where you can have multiple characters though. But you never know if the guy would want to keep the same name or something. Not a stupid question.

• SawlstoneSawlstone Member Posts: 301
    Will we be able to make a character in Beta that we can play at launch? If so when?
  • separateunionseparateunion Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by rush1984

I always appreciate snarky responses. They're so helpful.

I haven't seriously played an MMO since I quit WoW three and a half years ago. I think the only MMO I've ever played that allowed you only a single character slot without paying extra was FFXI, and I haven't played that in over eight years. Taking into consideration we're talking about transferring characters from an open beta (something I've never been involved in) to a full release along with the fact that I am unfamiliar with the rules on single character MMO accounts, I'd say my question is pretty valid. Sorry I'm not as with it when it comes to MMOs as you are. Please enlighten us with the wealth of intelligence that your inability to type seems to indicate that you lack.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    Originally posted by tkreep
    Originally posted by Ozivois

not in open beta

well, hopefully not anyway, lol.  There is that bullet point in the notes that said they will wipe if they have to