Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Linda "Brasse" Carlson: "Highly unlikely that EQN will launch in 2013"

2»

Comments

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Originally posted by Justsomenoob
    Originally posted by jdnyc

Does this need yet another thread? 

So they're covering their ass that it might not launch this year?  This matters how?

They're close either way.

That's about all anyone should take from it I think, that they're covering their ass.

Presumably they've kept things under wraps all this time so other companies can't swipe any ideas.   As such, if they're revealing it now they must feel pretty good about releasing it relatively soon.

I remember this tweet when it came out.  I am surprised that no one else has pointed out that it was said at the time, by Brasse herself, that she did not have detailed knowledge of what was happening in the EQ Next team, and at that stage, really had no idea about the release date.

Since then no one else has commented about a release date, so we are left with the vague "playable version" and not a beta statement from Smed.

• AshenmooreAshenmoore Member Posts: 3
    Test.
  • CamoebCamoeb Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Originally posted by dejoblue
    I got an email saying EQN is an EVE clone and well be going to Luclin on spaceships.

Who wouldn't want to tear up Grimling Forest on a space ship!

• Gallus85Gallus85 Member Posts: 1,092
    Originally posted by Justsomenoob

Does this need yet another thread? 

So they're covering their ass that it might not launch this year?  This matters how?

They're close either way.

That's about all anyone should take from it I think, that they're covering their ass.

Presumably they've kept things under wraps all this time so other companies can't swipe any ideas.   As such, if they're revealing it now they must feel pretty good about releasing it relatively soon. 

Exactly this^

Legends of Kesmai, UO, EQ, AO, DAoC, AC, SB, RO, SWG, EVE, EQ2, CoH, GW, VG:SOH, WAR, Aion, DF, CO, MO, DN, Tera, SWTOR, RO2, DP, GW2, PS2, BnS, NW, FF:XIV, ESO, EQ:NL

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960

What's with digging up old conversations that have been discussed before?

Why would Brasse know when they plan to release? That's the EQN's team decision and of which she admitted is not privy to any of it. She didn't even know about the interview where Smedley said we would get a release late this year.

• KhayotixKhayotix Member UncommonPosts: 231
    Originally posted by dejoblue

The OP is actually from Feb 7.

That same conversation continues where she tells us to interpret it as we wish.

Here that same day in reference she says that even she doesnt know what they will be showing at SOELive with EQN.

Here that same day she says she has been proven wrong before to someone named Khayotic, the previous posts were to Khayos, I assume the same person but I could be wrong.

I think she didnt know back then and was just doing her job.

Yea I was the OP, I go by Khayos, Khay, Khayotix. my Twitter is @Khayotix but my display name is Khayos. :) Just wanted to tell you that you were right, I am in fact one in the same person she was talking to :)

• bexinhbexinh Member UncommonPosts: 69
    It's good that people being optimistic. I hope EQN is coming early next year too. But come on lets get real, the game hasnt been on even closed beta yet... it means its gonna be awhile before the actual release. Eventhough i cant wait to put my hands on the game but... there is no way the game is playable by the end of this year.
    Originally posted by bexinh
    It's good that people being optimistic. I hope EQN is coming early next year too. But come on lets get real, the game hasnt been on even closed beta yet... it means its gonna be awhile before the actual release. Eventhough i cant wait to put my hands on the game but... there is no way the game is playable by the end of this year.

John Smedley said that we were getting on hands on the game this year (And he continued with "and I don't mean a beta")

Also, nothing stops a company from doing in house alpha/beta testing.  Many companies do it actually.  This would also fit the type of development they've been doing (Keeping everything a secret).  It would make no sense for them to keep everything a secret, do a big tell all reveal at SOE live, then not launch for 7-12 months lol.

Everything points to the fact that they've done their own internal testing, SOE Live will be the start of an open beta, and EQN will be live before Xmas this year.

Legends of Kesmai, UO, EQ, AO, DAoC, AC, SB, RO, SWG, EVE, EQ2, CoH, GW, VG:SOH, WAR, Aion, DF, CO, MO, DN, Tera, SWTOR, RO2, DP, GW2, PS2, BnS, NW, FF:XIV, ESO, EQ:NL

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by Gallus85

John Smedley said that we were getting on hands on the game this year (And he continued with "and I don't mean a beta")

Also, nothing stops a company from doing in house alpha/beta testing.  Many companies do it actually.  This would also fit the type of development they've been doing (Keeping everything a secret).  It would make no sense for them to keep everything a secret, do a big tell all reveal at SOE live, then not launch for 7-12 months lol.

Everything points to the fact that they've done their own internal testing, SOE Live will be the start of an open beta, and EQN will be live before Xmas this year.

What I love is the assumption that the game needs to be tested extensively with the public before 'release.'  The game is F2P.  They could drop it on the masses and have issues and adjust.  What are people going to do?  Ask for a refund?

Originally posted by Gallus85

What I love is the assumption that the game needs to be tested extensively with the public before 'release.'  The game is F2P.  They could drop it on the masses and have issues and adjust.  What are people going to do?  Ask for a refund?

Exactly.  I mean, you don't want to release something that is unplayable because it would give the game a bad wrap (Vanguard style).  But your point is well made.  Companies as big as SOE can afford in house beta (which is what I assume they've done anyway, making them all sign NDAs and such) so they can keep the game ideas a secret like they wanted.

The game is going to be ready this year.  People need to relax and wait just another 21 days and we'll all get to see it in action and get a solid date to get our hands on it.