Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Got called a cheater in PVP?

porkbutt00porkbutt00 New York, NYPosts: 1Member

During a PVP match today some guy pm'ed me to say I was a cheater, or at best I was explointing a bug, and he was going to report me, and have me banned, yata yata.

I'm obviously not a cheater.  My question is about bugs.  It was a level 39 match (I was 39, not bumped up to it) and I did well, 10 kills, 1 death.  (I'm a GWF, btw) A couple matches ago I noticed that I was doing more damage, not like one shotting people, but ripping it up nicely.  It told me a wizard was granting me prestigitation to boost my stats, so great.  

I continued doing well in other matches without the wizard.  I figured it was my gear.  Since I mostly play PVP, I re-up my gear every level at the auction house.  I have a badass sword, and I figured other people just had bad gear, weren't skilled, etc.

Have people heard of bugs like this?  Believe me, I've gotten destroyed in PVP plenty of times, but as i say, the past few matches I've been kicking ass.  While I'm sure this guy was just kind of a choad, I also want to know if this is a real thing and how it works - 'bugs' that seem to affect one character.  

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Austin, TXPosts: 360Member
    Nope didn't encounter anything like this.  Its a nice bug to have for sure :-)

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• evilastroevilastro EdinburghPosts: 4,270Member
    The only bug is that Cryptic made GWF stupidly overpowered because all the bad players whinged. As long as you aren't rolling your face on the keyboard its pretty hard to lose as a GWF right now.
  • kiernkiern Madison Heights, MIPosts: 435Member

I saw something the other day on the official forums where someone said a trickster Rogue was using some exploit related to using some ability and other things they were doing. Someone later in the thread claimed that it was actually a GWF exploit, not a TR.

I tried to find the thread, but it was probably deleted, since they don't allow exploit talk on the forums.  It is possible that you may have been using an exploit without knowing it.  It is also possible that the other person sucked and they needed something to blame for doing poorly.  :)

• TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless Columnist Posts: 2,177Member Uncommon

2 things.

1. When you enemies claim your cheeting, and you know your not, it's a compliment to your abilities.

2. If your aint cheetin, you aint trying hard enough.

• aesperusaesperus Hamshire, NVPosts: 5,130Member Uncommon

1) It's not a bug. You are just using better gear than most opponents at that lvl, and gear makes a BIG difference in this game. At lvl 60 it does spell the difference between 1 shotting people in PvP or getting 1 shotted.

2) Neverwinter has HORRIBLE scaling mechanics, especially at the lower tiers. There was a bug for a while (dunno if it's been fixed) for lvls 38 and 48 where you would inexplicably do 40% less damage than you should be. It was retarded.

3) PvP in this game is garbage, to put it bluntly. It's some of the least balanced, least diverse, and least dynamic PvP I've ever played. I have fun with it for short doses, but I can't stand PvPing in Neverwinter for very long (and I usually really enjoy PvP in these types of games).

Most of the people who PvP in this game, unfortunately, seem to be some combination of terrible and idiotic. I'm guessing the person who PMed you fit at least one of those categories as well. The only way to get decent players seem to be via Premade, with which the PvP becomes so facepalm easy it gets boring.

- Point being, I wouldn't listen to most of the players you meet in PvP. I've lvled 3/4 toons through PvP exclusivesly. I think I met a total of 4 players I'd consider good (both combining my own team AND the enemy). Until this game has better designed PvP it's just not worth worrying about random people threatening to ban you over speculation.

** Keep in mind, if people make too many false claims in this game, THEY will get banned from it, not you. Abusing the report feature in NWN is considered a bannable offense. **