Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

archeage has a feature that other sandbox dont have

waterwarfare203waterwarfare203 Member Posts: 10

if your a crafter then archeage has a feature that other sandbox dont have.

Craft cars and then you can craft submarines!!!!!!! wooooo

lol take that. SUBMARINES!!! how cool is that? thats something no other mmo or sandbox has

http://feature.mmosite.com/archeage/2013-06-28/kr_july_patch_submarine_swimsuit_and_underwater_dungeon.shtml

Comments

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by waterwarfare203

lol take that. SUBMARINES!!! how cool is that? thats something no other mmo or sandbox has

http://feature.mmosite.com/archeage/2013-06-28/kr_july_patch_submarine_swimsuit_and_underwater_dungeon.shtml

Well, still not out in the US - so we don't know what features we will get. Can we wait and see?

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848

Well, Eve can craft spaceships! So take that! Oooooh....burn....

:-)

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    It's still just craftable vehicles, which isn't new. Also the cars are..... meh.
  • waterwarfare203waterwarfare203 Member Posts: 10

i hope it can be used in water warfare, not just ship but also submariens too!

:D

i think there was a trailer where the submarines got involved in ship battles.

ooooooo the possibilites are endless.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627

I am skipping this title and I don't skip many... I may try it a few years down the road... Too many better games coming out I won't have time for this one. I place it on my C- Shelf along side Vanguard.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• naZchoconaZchoco Member Posts: 82
    Crafting your own subs for war is neat. As far as vehicles - firefall is allowing you to craft your own cars. And 4 years ago on WoW i crafted a magic carpet :P
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

I agree OP and whether we have seen what Trion have to offer is a silly answer to your post. Trion are not going to bring AA to us lacking some of the key features.

One thing that ArcheAge doesn't have is Age Of Wushu offline system which imo is one of the most innovative feature to come out in a MMO since MMO's began. If a western dev had this feature we would never hear the last of it, in fact Age Of Wushu is another hybrid with some great features.

Oh and ArcheAge and Age Of Wushu/Wullin are sandpark mmo, they are not true sandbox MMO's.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    I was hoping for an actual sub... kinda like the ones that kept sinking during the american civil war... not a underwater jetski.

• waterwarfare203waterwarfare203 Member Posts: 10

naval battles for control is going to look epic.

Originally posted by botrytis

Well, still not out in the US - so we don't know what features we will get. Can we wait and see?

If you want to wait then don't comment in the thread, it's pretty obvious that Trion will bring most if not all of AA features that make up the game. Some might come later but you must be dreaming if you think we are going to get a dumbed down version of the game.

One thing i do know, it will be a lot more entertaining than that mess called image

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon

If you don't like the thread then don't comment, it's pretty obvious that Trion will bring most if not all of AA features that make up the game. Some might come later but you must be dreaming if you think we are going to get a dumbed down version of the game.

One thing i do know, it will be a lot more entertaining than that mess called image

mees called? SWTOR, TSW, RIft, WoW? what? spill the beans.

Not buying into the hype as again, been burned by hype machines. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

I also like the fishing vessel which are ultra cool imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDer1HpY9Bg

If you don't like the thread then don't comment, it's pretty obvious that Trion will bring most if not all of AA features that make up the game. Some might come later but you must be dreaming if you think we are going to get a dumbed down version of the game.

Not buying into the hype as again, been burned by hype machines. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

You missed out GW2 which doesn't surprise me.

• KoroshiyaKoroshiya Member UncommonPosts: 265

as someone playing Archeage right now in another country, I can tell you that Archeage is not  A) A sandbox, but instead a B) Themepark that introduces you to possible sandboxy idea's.  Nothing about Archeage is sandboxy.  There is a leveling treadmill with quest leading you to one area to another, no real point to exploring, crafting is swg'ish in nature but I can't just create whatever I want.  in PVP levels mean everything, then when levels are equal gear is the next best.  Skill has minimal to low importance.

To me a sandbox hasn't been created yet.  Closest thing we have is Darkfall and that game is well, darkfall.  I will say though Archeage is one of the only theme parks I actually semi enjoy playing.  As for the Trion changing stuff, yea right they aren't going to change anything.  Until the first person at 30 gets perma stun locked and can't react until he is dead.  Then the average player in the US is going to cry and whine and it will get changed up to be more casual/easy.  Or someone loses their first load because a rogue was waiting on the side of the road and they get ganked for not having support with them on their run.

“The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off , why should I. Light up the darkness” – Bob Marley

• GoriomGoriom Member UncommonPosts: 9

So much misinformation going around on these forums, it's sickening.  First off the game is not a themepark.  Its certainly not a sandbox, but its not a themepark either.  Its more of a hybrid.  A Sandpark? Themebox?  

Also I hear a lot of people say that the game is "failing" because it went "F2P"  People need to realize that there are cultural differences between South Korea and other places.  Tons of  big titles out in Korea are F2P and doing very well.  Archeage wanted to be more competitve against titles like Blade and Soul, Aion, and the Original Lineage.  This "F2P" is just a scheme to make more money...  The game is doing fine in Korea.

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,556

Cool navel battle

http://youtu.be/lYv1DOL5aBs

Originally posted by Goriom

So much misinformation going around on these forums, it's sickening.  First off the game is not a themepark.  Its certainly not a sandbox, but its not a themepark either.  Its more of a hybrid.  A Sandpark? Themebox?  

Also I hear a lot of people say that the game is "failing" because it went "F2P"  People need to realize that there are cultural differences between South Korea and other places.  Tons of  big titles out in Korea are F2P and doing very well.  Archeage wanted to be more competitve against titles like Blade and Soul, Aion, and the Original Lineage.  This "F2P" is just a scheme to make more money...  The game is doing fine in Korea.

I am playing the game, its a theme park.  There are quest hubs, and the primary way of leveling is to follow the quest hubs from place to place. Those same quest hubs lead you into new leveling areas where you grind out the remaining quests until it moves you to a new place.   There are predetermined plots of land you can build on, you can't just build anywhere you have to buy the plot where the devs decided to put them.  Boats don't make a game a sandbox, 3 class trees and job changing isn't a sandbox, FFxiv isn't a sandbox and it does that already.  

Here is the only thing I guess you can consider sandbox:

You can be a magic user who wears plate and has a bow.  Congrats, but your skills are still based on the core classes you pick and the skills in them you spend your skill points on.   The potency of those skills are soley based on the primary stat for them (STR, DEX, INT, WIS) considering though that only the stats matter and not the fact that its cloth or leather or plate since none of it slows you down, hinders movement or offers differences based on the type of equipment it is.

Everything else in the game is exactly the same thing you will find in any other theme park game like Aion, WoW, GW2, EQ2 etc.  And btw, have fun when you are stun locked for the entire fight, or 3 shotted by Grim Reapers!  I don't think some of you understand what you are getting hyped up about.  I enjoy the game, its why I play it, but it is not even close to a sandbox. 

“The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off , why should I. Light up the darkness” – Bob Marley

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Originally posted by Koroshiya

To me a sandbox hasn't been created yet.  Closest thing we have is Darkfall and that game is well, darkfall.  I will say though Archeage is one of the only theme parks I actually semi enjoy playing.  As for the Trion changing stuff, yea right they aren't going to change anything.  Until the first person at 30 gets perma stun locked and can't react until he is dead.  Then the average player in the US is going to cry and whine and it will get changed up to be more casual/easy.  Or someone loses their first load because a rogue was waiting on the side of the road and they get ganked for not having support with them on their run.

Darkfall is not a sandbox game. Darkfall original had potential to be one but with DF:UW  AV has WoWified the game.

DF is a arena action game with not much features to interact and shape the world, everything is predifined with not much freedom.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• GoriomGoriom Member UncommonPosts: 9

I am playing the game, its a theme park.  There are quest hubs, and the primary way of leveling is to follow the quest hubs from place to place. Those same quest hubs lead you into new leveling areas where you grind out the remaining quests until it moves you to a new place.   There are predetermined plots of land you can build on, you can't just build anywhere you have to buy the plot where the devs decided to put them.  Boats don't make a game a sandbox, 3 class trees and job changing isn't a sandbox, FFxiv isn't a sandbox and it does that already.  

You can be a magic user who wears plate and has a bow.  Congrats, but your skills are still based on the core classes you pick and the skills in them you spend your skill points on.   The potency of those skills are soley based on the primary stat for them (STR, DEX, INT, WIS) considering though that only the stats matter and not the fact that its cloth or leather or plate since none of it slows you down, hinders movement or offers differences based on the type of equipment it is.

Everything else in the game is exactly the same thing you will find in any other theme park game like Aion, WoW, GW2, EQ2 etc.  And btw, have fun when you are stun locked for the entire fight, or 3 shotted by Grim Reapers!  I don't think some of you understand what you are getting hyped up about.  I enjoy the game, its why I play it, but it is not even close to a sandbox. 

A sandbox MMO is a game that drops you into a player driven world (creation is not  the only tool, politics is also a big feature of a sandbox).  Players are given tools, and sand, and they get to make things (to a certain degree).  

Again, this is not a sandbox game, but it is neither a themepark.  It is definitely somewhere in the middle...

Also, you are not the only one outside of Korea currently playing the game.  

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527
    I've been noticing some of the more odds and ends stuff in Archeage that breaks immersion for some people , I myself enjoy weird bizzare things , the only thing that has me worried now is how item decay and synthesis was removed in the Korean version which was met with negative reaction, XL Games wanted to scale back and cater to players once again that already has a market of games they have heavily available to them but seemingly only have 1-2 hrs a week to play, they continue tweaking and going for mass appeal by the time this games hits American shores it will be DOA before it is allowed to garner an audience it was truly intended to be for, not ultra casual players that shouldn't be playing MMOs to begin with.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

I can't believe it happens to people once let alone more than once.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

A sandbox MMO is a game that drops you into a player driven world (creation is not  the only tool, politics is also a big feature of a sandbox).  Players are given tools, and sand, and they get to make things (to a certain degree).  

Again, this is not a sandbox game, but it is neither a themepark.  It is definitely somewhere in the middle...

Also, you are not the only one outside of Korea currently playing the game.  

nothing in this game is permanent, nothing is really changed by the playerbase.  Its a theme park with carnival games.  There is nothing about the game is sandbox, sorry!  The housing is predetermined plots unlike SWG where you can pretty much build anywhere another city has not taken up.  Nothing in the game is player driven or created.  Sandboxes, even Sandparks have SOME player generated content.  Crafting RNG gear, placing plots on predetermined lots and open world pvp are not sandbox features.  Sandbox would be allowing a player to pick up a sword and get better with that sword, or a wand and a book and getting better at the skill they are using.

In this game you have Rifts class system with less options and the same amount of "alpha" classes that EVERYONE plays.  There is no diversity because being tied to stats and a level to be powerful.  I know you want it to be a Sandpark/box but it just isn't.  I did too. 

Please list me one feature that is considered a sandbox in this game.  NOTHING is player generated from scratch, it either has a dev decided spot to build, or a recipe you already had created for you by the devs, farmville is not sandbox either because if I cut down a tree, another one will eventually pop up in its place regardless if a human plants it.  I can't steal open world crops that are in a farm either, and I can't fully destroy anything just bring it down to its last upgrade point.

Nothing I do in Archeage affects the overall Archeage world.

• dandurindandurin Member UncommonPosts: 498

nothing in this game is permanent, nothing is really changed by the playerbase.  Its a theme park with carnival games.  There is nothing about the game is sandbox, sorry!  The housing is predetermined plots unlike SWG where you can pretty much build anywhere another city has not taken up.  Nothing in the game is player driven or created.  Sandboxes, even Sandparks have SOME player generated content.  Crafting RNG gear, placing plots on predetermined lots and open world pvp are not sandbox features.  Sandbox would be allowing a player to pick up a sword and get better with that sword, or a wand and a book and getting better at the skill they are using.

In this game you have Rifts class system with less options and the same amount of "alpha" classes that EVERYONE plays.  There is no diversity because being tied to stats and a level to be powerful.  I know you want it to be a Sandpark/box but it just isn't.  I did too. 

Please list me one feature that is considered a sandbox in this game.  NOTHING is player generated from scratch, it either has a dev decided spot to build, or a recipe you already had created for you by the devs, farmville is not sandbox either because if I cut down a tree, another one will eventually pop up in its place regardless if a human plants it.  I can't steal open world crops that are in a farm either, and I can't fully destroy anything just bring it down to its last upgrade point.

It seems like you are just being argumentative.

AA is more sandbox-y than 95% of MMO's out there, therefore calling it a themepark makes the term "themepark" pretty much meaningless.

If you build a house on a plot then I can't build one there myself.  Therefore "something you do in Archeage affects the overall Archeage world".  Farmville isn't sandboxy?  Says you and... nobody.

And what about castles?  Their wall structure isn't pre-determined right?

Granted, Wurm Online is MORE "sandboxy" since your houses and fences are free-form and you can terraform and it's classless, but if ArcheAge isn't a "sandpark" then the term shouldn't exist.

You complain about everything being pre-built by the devs, but since it has as many or more ship models as any other game, I guess there are zero "sandboxes"?

Originally posted by dandurin

It seems like you are just being argumentative.

AA is more sandbox-y than 95% of MMO's out there, therefore calling it a themepark makes the term "themepark" pretty much meaningless.

If you build a house on a plot then I can't build one there myself.  Therefore "something you do in Archeage affects the overall Archeage world".  Farmville isn't sandboxy?  Says you and... nobody.

And what about castles?  Their wall structure isn't pre-determined right?

Granted, Wurm Online is MORE "sandboxy" since your houses and fences are free-form and you can terraform and it's classless, but if ArcheAge isn't a "sandpark" then the term shouldn't exist.

You complain about everything being pre-built by the devs, but since it has as many or more ship models as any other game, I guess there are zero "sandboxes"?

it's not argumentative its stopping you people from selling the game as something its not so when players get into the game and are disappointed they all frigging leave in the first month.  Quit selling the game as something its not so people won't be pissed when they actually play it and find it outs NOTHING like what you guys here have been trying to sell it as: a Sandbox.

It isn't.  I do stand corrected though, I guess you could consider writing down a couple bars of music and being able to play it in game is sandbox.  So its a themepark with a sandbox music system.  Better now?  I think the more important question is, why are you wanting me to sell the game as something its not?

A sandbox is just that.  A big box of sand that you can mold and shape.  You can not mold and shape the Archeage world.  Sorry you think that sandbox just means more things to do, but it doesn't.   That doesn't mean it CANT have Theme park idea's in it, just means that at least a portion of the game should be designed in a way that the player can shape the world around him with things that affect the sandbox.

The reason the term is used SANDBOX is because a sandbox in real life is a box with a bunch of tools in it to build and create something around you, and if you want, you can destroy and rebuild that world in different ways.  You can not do this in Archeage with ANY system.  And no, just because there are ZERO real sandboxes out there on the MAINSTREAM market doesn't mean there aren't sandbox type games out there.  There are a few indie ones, and a couple more coming.  But lets say for the sake of argument that those titles ARENT there, or ARENT coming out, how does the amount of or validity of those same titles being sandbox in the mmo genre have ANY effect on if THIS particular game is considered a sandbox or not?  Also curious, how does the amount of "models" that each ship has?  Do you even understand what Sandbox means?

It doesn't so stop trying to compare apples and oranges.  Also I find it funny that as someone who is playing the game, enjoying it you are still arguing with me like I am trying to hate on the game, not hating on it.  Its good fun!  If you want a mix of DAoC and WoW this is the game for you!  But it sure wasn't what I thought it was going to be by reading this forums, which was a niche sandbox with "SOME" theme park elements.

• dandurindandurin Member UncommonPosts: 498

The reason the term is used SANDBOX is because a sandbox in real life is a box with a bunch of tools in it to build and create something around you, and if you want, you can destroy and rebuild that world in different ways.  You can not do this in Archeage with ANY system.  And no, just because there are ZERO real sandboxes out there on the MAINSTREAM market doesn't mean there aren't sandbox type games out there.  There are a few indie ones, and a couple more coming.  But lets say for the sake of argument that those titles ARENT there, or ARENT coming out, how does the amount of or validity of those same titles being sandbox in the mmo genre have ANY effect on if THIS particular game is considered a sandbox or not?  Also curious, how does the amount of "models" that each ship has?  Do you even understand what Sandbox means?

It doesn't so stop trying to compare apples and oranges.  Also I find it funny that as someone who is playing the game, enjoying it you are still arguing with me like I am trying to hate on the game, not hating on it.  Its good fun!  If you want a mix of DAoC and WoW this is the game for you!  But it sure wasn't what I thought it was going to be by reading this forums, which was a niche sandbox with "SOME" theme park elements.

Not sure why you are so wound up about this semantic point.   Whenever I look around this forum I see people calling AA a sandpark not a sandbox.

The most I see is people saying it is "more sandboxy then mainstream MMOS".  I don't see the sales job here that you claim to see.

I don't even PLAY AA as it's not ported to NA yet, I just study the videos, player guides, and boards because I think I might try it when it comes out.

Having played Wurm Online, yes I am very much aware that there are games that are significantly more sandboxy than AA.