Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Last episode convinced me...

2»

Comments

• r3dl4ncer3dl4nce Member UncommonPosts: 114

Defiance - first season is over and I'm sad because now I have to wait for the second season.

The first season really was a nice sci-fi/western show (like Firefly) with a mix of Terranova-like life in a city. The vast and well written background of the project (tv show + game) is there and every episode more and more interesting information are being revealed, with just the common episode style of "case of the day" (except last 2 episodes).

The tem behind the TV show has a precise direction where to go with the show and with the crossover with the game, just a lot of people are too lazy to go and inform about the background, about some events of the past or simply are not interested in a western/scifi show and they only think sci-fi = robots + spaceships...

Yes, I'm a fan of the Defiance project and really I am happy that the tv shows has been announced for a second season. So everyone who is saying that Defiance is a fail can only shut up :)

• stalker989stalker989 Member UncommonPosts: 34

Not everyone can or will be pleased with shows that they watch or of which they have high expectations. That being said, it seems to me that most people miss the point of television. It is strictly there for entertainment. I am sure people can go back to watching reruns of 90210 or Jersey Shore if they feel that Defiance is not living up to their expectations. I for one am happy with the first season and glad Da'Tak is (hopefully) going to get his punk a$$ whacked.

I beta'd the game and it is generally fun with some issues; my biggest gripe is that the console layout is definitely designed for console players. I am looking forward to season 2 and seeing how things progress. As for making things up as they go, here's a thought, "the whole show is made up". They are taking on a unique concept of matching a game with a tv series simultaneously, which in my opinion, give the creators (game and tv series) a solid B for their effort.

• MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643

How much did you pay?

9$?

30$?

60$?

These things affect your review.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Show definitely seems to be more popular than the game. I know a lot more people watching the show. But I do know a few that are into the game as well. Mostly on Xbox or PS3

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Zydari
    I have enjoyed the show so far but never had an urge to play the game. 

Tried the game in open beta, didn't like it much. Thought it might had to do with not having seen the series. Never went back to the game since. But have watched all eps now of the tv show, sort of like the show. I do see potential. And it also filled the sci fi scene as there isn't much tv show wise.

But last weekend since I have seen the show now thought to try out the game again. At first it was entertaining, but for some reason I just can't stand my character Visuals and movements, while it's not that much different compared to Firefall I still like Firefall allot more. Thought by seeing the tv series I might enjoy the game allot more. Unfortunaly the game didn't click with me.

• AcorniaAcornia Member UncommonPosts: 275

Defiance could be taking a page from BBC's early 80s tv show Blake's 7 where at the end of each season they kill off all the main characters.  Then they are all somehow alive in the start of the next season's  show.

Only episode 1 of season 2 will tell us if they stay dead when they finally broadcast it.

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669

I enjoyed my time in the game. About 120 hours, give or take. I feel like I got my moneys worth. I'll pop back in from time to time, but overall, I really enjoyed it.

The show on the other hand, I just don't like. I only watched the first 4 or 5 episodes, so perhaps it got better after that. I also felt like Grant Bowler (Nolan) was trying to channel Han Solo but wasn't quite hitting the mark, and Stephanie Leonidas (Irisa) was essentially a semi-attractive, more moody, Chewbacca. Perhaps my expectations were too high, and perhaps I should give it another go.

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    Originally posted by Nephaerius
    That's how TV show writing has always worked.  Lost, Battlestar Galactica, etc. many of the most popular shows out there were actually written in said fashion despite popular belief.  That's why you see many plot threads started in those shows that are then never followed up on in the future.  There's other ways of writing television too obviously but this one is very popular especially in said genre.

I always thought lost had a lot of loose ends because of the writers strike that happened, the length of the show got cut in half, from 24-26 eps a season down to 12 or 13 about half way thru

• 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    The tv show is terrible period end of story, or rather lack there of.  Its just a low budget cop drama with "aliens" every week a new "bad" guy to thwart its so bad, no originality or uniqueness just cheap drama for dramas sake.