Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fat Bellys and Small Chests

Comments

• TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827
    Originally posted by nerovipus32

I never play female characters it just doesn't sit well with me, and i have this fear that guys will think i am female and hit on me. /shudders

You should detach yourself a bit more from the character you are playing. Then you don't have to worry about someone hitting on you, they would instead be hitting on the character you are playing.

But don't worry too much about it. I have played a lot of female characters, and it almost never happened that someone hit on me.

As long as you don't pretend to be a female, people often asume everyone is male anyway.

• GholosGholos Member Posts: 209
    I would to see options in customization that allow you to create a really ugly characters, in particular for Ogre and Troll races...for example the possibility to chose really big jaws and fangs, big hands and feet, pot belly body, hunchback and so on

"Brute force not work? It because you not use enought of it"
    -Karg, Ogryn Bone'ead.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Originally posted by TalRasha

I never play female characters it just doesn't sit well with me, and i have this fear that guys will think i am female and hit on me. /shudders

You should detach yourself a bit more from the character you are playing. Then you don't have to worry about someone hitting on you, they would instead be hitting on the character you are playing.

But don't worry too much about it. I have played a lot of female characters, and it almost never happened that someone hit on me.

As long as you don't pretend to be a female, people often asume everyone is male anyway.

I guess i just need to be able to identify with my character and being a female just doesn't work for me.

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457
    Originally posted by TalRasha

I've had the complete opposite experience when playing my female toons (I am male). I never pretend to be female. I just play the game, do my quests, collect my rewards and off I go.

When I do that with a male toon, people rarely interact with me. With a female toon, it's another dynamic entirely. I'll get private messages (I won't even try to recall some of the more "nasty" ones I've gotten), emotes directed at me, people leaping in on my fights, followed randomly, stared at, etc. etc. Most of it is harmless, of course. But it's a marked difference to how my male toons are reacted to.

If "people are assuming everyone is male", I think a good majority of them are hoping for the opposite.

EDIT: To stay on topic: I'm hoping for as much customization as possible for EQN. This is a core requirement for me to really enjoy a game: People gotta look different!

• sado2020sado2020 Member Posts: 112
    I like my characters youthful and vibrant and my wife loves her characters skimpy as possible.  But I know thats not the case for everyone so I say more character creator options the better :)

Playing: TSW, D&D NW, Defiance (more the tv show than game >.> ) LotRO, DCUO

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by craftseeker
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Oh and yes to the limits. At the risk of being offensive, characters in Aion often resembled failed abortions. It really ruined the game for me.

Ok I just have to know evilastro what comes before "purple" when you are counting backwards???

Haha its just a line that I liked from Teen Girl Squad:

http://www.homestarrunner.com/tgsmenu.html

• LorskaLorska Member UncommonPosts: 74

Yeah, I completely agree with having the options.  A lot of people wanna play as 100lb DD hot chicks, but when it becomes the majority of characters it's just tiresome.  I appreciate people like the OP adding the spice of variety. 

On a somewhat related note, I've always wanted to have a VERY robust character creation in an MMO to the point where I could commission someone more artistically talented to make a character for me that looks just like me in reality.  A friend of mine was able to do it for himself VERY convincingly in Mass Effect, but I think the options in that just happened to work very well for him. 

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    Oh and yes to the limits. At the risk of being offensive, characters in Aion often resembled failed abortions. It really ruined the game for me.

so its ok to see it in real life but not in a fictitious game? The only limitation should be each persons lack of creativity. IMO. I would prefer to pretend i never saw that failed abortion character jumping around  rather than not being able to make my own character the way i want it to because the devs wanted to limit customization.

Have you seen the creations in Aion? No, I have not seen them in real life, in fact, they would pretty much not survive birth. See the example below your post.  At launch, every second person I ran into thought it would be hilarious to make the shortest and widest character possible, with flat heads. It was just creepy.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

I love customization options so bring them on. Only thing I hate seeing, is the extreme option of micro-avatars. Like someone mentioned Aion, I hate the little ones running around. It's stupid. I don't mind short characters that are even small by dwarf/midget standards, please do include those, but those tiny ankle sized things are just ridiculous.

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

Yes. Give me the fat guy option and amke him waddle like Stitches from WoW. 

Don't forget the dance animations..he's gotta giggle.  =)  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc_dD_zhPE4

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711

So what, you want a chest slider like FF XIV for a race like the Lallafell that doesn't do anything!

JK

I agree whole 100%.  A robust character customization is a big plus.  I don't want a top heavy female character all the time, or a young Arnold looking male character all the time.

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • TibbzTibbz Member UncommonPosts: 613

lol oP

I do hope they make chars much more customize-able in their size.... Even modern games have very static figures.... adding weight just seems to make them slightly plump.  If i want to make a female human that looks like a troll i should be able to dang it.  this would help making everyone look so much alike.  I dont want to go as far as a 6' dwarf, but give us more body options i say.  

• DejoblueDejoblue Member UncommonPosts: 307
    Very glad to see so much support :)
  • SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697
    I agree, I like to see fat and ugly options as well. Not everyone in the entire world should be a 20-something underwear model.

If possible, yes they should. Imagine how great this world would be.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    As long as fat characters run slower and get tired faster I'm OK with that.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by dejoblue

As you can imagine, when I make a female character I do not go for gianormous chests either, I have one of my own.

RIP Boob Sliders

I'd vote for a CoX level of customization. But I honestly don't expect seeing it anywhere any more.

Four faces, six hairstyles. Welcome to the new age.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• GholosGholos Member Posts: 209
    Originally posted by DMKano
    I always loved playing my boxy fat troll and ogre from classic EQ. I'd love to play some fatties again in EQN.

I agree, so i think you refer to the first Ogre and Troll skins (the better for my taste)...if i could make an Ogre like the classic EQ would be great.

"Brute force not work? It because you not use enought of it"
    -Karg, Ogryn Bone'ead.

• IridescentOrkIridescentOrk Member Posts: 157
    good luck with that...hope to make a character that looks like a man with or without belly

gameplay > graphics

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

so its ok to see it in real life but not in a fictitious game? The only limitation should be each persons lack of creativity. IMO. I would prefer to pretend i never saw that failed abortion character jumping around  rather than not being able to make my own character the way i want it to because the devs wanted to limit customization.

Have you seen the creations in Aion? No, I have not seen them in real life, in fact, they would pretty much not survive birth. See the example below your post.  At launch, every second person I ran into thought it would be hilarious to make the shortest and widest character possible, with flat heads. It was just creepy.

I sort of took it as "it's a magical world and therefore all types of beings can exist, especially Daevas".

worked for me.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Gallus85Gallus85 Member Posts: 1,092
    Originally posted by DMKano

I ran an exclusive mutant guild in Aion, it was awesome. I really dislike the uber perfect pretty girl tough guy look that is 99.9% of all MMOs, injecting some abnormality in the mix is a good thing.

Hooray for ugly!

Well all I can say is, more freedom is always better.  But I hope there's a happy medium between character customization and blatant trolling.  Well, if anything, the nasty characters in Aion were always good for a laugh.

Legends of Kesmai, UO, EQ, AO, DAoC, AC, SB, RO, SWG, EVE, EQ2, CoH, GW, VG:SOH, WAR, Aion, DF, CO, MO, DN, Tera, SWTOR, RO2, DP, GW2, PS2, BnS, NW, FF:XIV, ESO, EQ:NL

• SoulStainSoulStain Member Posts: 202
    Good points Allein. I would like to see weight controlled in game via food intake. Age is tricky though, not everyone wants their character to age. Maybe make aging the default and add a chronomancer who can alter your age or freeze it for a fee.

I think the more customization the better. COH, Champions Online , STO and AION have/had some of the best imo.Progressive aging is tricky though. I remember when Fable came out and I thought my character aging was cool..initially. Then as my guy got crusty and creepy looking everyone else in the world looked the same. The whole world must have been loaded and able to regularly donate at the temple to maintain their youthful vigor and appearance.Until they can get down a way to age and replace NPC's with their children or different people( maybe the store was bought after the original NPC passed or left to a relative or friend in a will)..then I think ageing will remain a bit tricky to fully pull off just for a single player game. Add MMO into the mix and it is pretty much impossible seeing as most people start add varying times whether new or alting.

• PigglesworthPigglesworth Member UncommonPosts: 260

I would definitely prefer a large bellied character. Its the design I want for my name.

SWTOR was a start, but even that model was more on steroids than big bellied. If you look closely, you can clearly see the ripped abs, even on the fat model.

What I want is an actual fat character. Of course, the next thing I want is appearance armor that can allow me to look shirtless and flaunt my belly while dancing. LOL.

But, I have to disagree on the petite woman thing. All women models should look like stacked barbarians. The new Dark Elf in the reveal image is perfect.

@PigglesworthTWR on Twitter

Pigglesworth @ EQNForum.com, MMORPG.com, EQNextfans.com, ProjectNorrath.com, & EQNFanSite.com

Malcontent @ EQNexus.com & EQHammer.com

• ClassicEQClassicEQ Member Posts: 145
    Originally posted by Pigglesworth

I would definitely prefer a large bellied character. Its the design I want for my name.

SWTOR was a start, but even that model was more on steroids than big bellied. If you look closely, you can clearly see the ripped abs, even on the fat model.

What I want is an actual fat character. Of course, the next thing I want is appearance armor that can allow me to look shirtless and flaunt my belly while dancing. LOL.

But, I have to disagree on the petite woman thing. All women models should look like stacked barbarians. The new Dark Elf in the reveal image is perfect.

You should be able to modify your character within certain limits set by their race. For instance, humans can have a "belly" to a degree, but High Elves wouldn't have the genetics for that.

I was always bothered that you could make High Elves "tan" in EQ2. I like races to stay true to their lore. They have a certain appearance because of how the Gods/environment has effected them over the years.

• Gallus85Gallus85 Member Posts: 1,092
    Originally posted by ClassicEQ
    Originally posted by Pigglesworth

You should be able to modify your character within certain limits set by their race. For instance, humans can have a "belly" to a degree, but High Elves wouldn't have the genetics for that.

I was always bothered that you could make High Elves "tan" in EQ2. I like races to stay true to their lore. They have a certain appearance because of how the Gods/environment has effected them over the years.

Find me the Everquest lore that states that elves by their very nature can not* get fat.  Also show me the lore that states that an elf can not sunbathe and get tan because their skin is unaffected by the sun.

I'd like to read it.

Or are you just making up in your head what you think elves should be like?

Legends of Kesmai, UO, EQ, AO, DAoC, AC, SB, RO, SWG, EVE, EQ2, CoH, GW, VG:SOH, WAR, Aion, DF, CO, MO, DN, Tera, SWTOR, RO2, DP, GW2, PS2, BnS, NW, FF:XIV, ESO, EQ:NL

• NoLimit5401NoLimit5401 Member UncommonPosts: 20
    If SWG did it 10 years ago (skinny, fat, tall, short, muscular, lean, large chested, small chested, wrinkles, freckles, speckles, blah blah...) these modern games should be able to have more options for character customization.