Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Neverwinter: Foundry Focus with Rob Overmeyer

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

During our last Neverwinter live stream event with Rob "Grakulen" Lashley, we spent time chatting with Cryptic's Rob Overmeyer about all things Foundry. It was a great time that you won't want to miss. Check out our synopsis write up, watch the video and then head to the comments to chat.

Can you imagine using the internet without a search engine? Pretend all the great content that is currently available is still out there but how would you ever find any of it? Sure you could use forums, bulletin boards, and word of mouth, and this may lead you to find some of what you are looking for, but the bulk of what you really want to find would probably go unnoticed. This is similar to what is currently going on in the foundry. One of the reasons I created the NFF is to recognize content creators that for one reason or another are not necessarily being spotlighted by Cryptic for their contributions but who are creating quality content.

Read more of Rob Lashley's Neverwinter: Foundry Focus with Rob Overmeyer.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• neurojameneurojame Member Posts: 26

The foundry comes so close....

The one thing that they could change with the foundry which would change the whole game would be to enable branching story-lines. They already allow branching lines of dialog. If they could just do the same for the story lines.... Having non-linear quests could make a big difference with this game.

It would also be nice to have the ability to have an element of randomization within the storylines as well.

One bug I've noticed is that when a map is copied, If one object has interactions on the original map all of the objects in the copy of the map will have all of the interactions from the original map.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    I would like to see improvements in the search engine for foundry quests. I find that window UI very chaotic and it takes a lot of time to see what quests you already played before. Especially because the game leaves it up to the quest creator on how to describe the quest.