It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.
Originally posted by -Zeno- Can't wait! Few more hours and selling and buying items gets a ton easier to do. I think this is a critical patch that was needed as far back as DF1.0.
Not sure if a market is really needed. I'll have to think more into it.
But as for now :
- Their is only so many ways to up your prowess and gathering and crafting is important to this. So everyone will have to do both anyway.
- With buying everyones materials all the time you will not up your prowess like needed and complet your feats.
- Crafting should be done to max anyway to repleace your gear as you loose it from getting ganked, and to get your crafting feats to up your prowess even more.
- Gold will be more important. Before it was only 25% as important as materials.
- With an auction you can prop your dog or cat to sit down and cut trees for two months and have 100 K prowess and 100 K gold and do nothing but sell your dogs mats ( hay, you may even be able to teach him that ).
- Also look at this on a very large scale.......Say someone gave you one hundred thousand gold to buy everything from the auction needed for the game. How will you get your prowess up ?
The bottom line, everyone should do all their own stuff. Sure some times you may fall a little short, and need a trade, but a full market ?........Like I say I have to think about this more. What do you think ?
Nice, one step closer to WoW.
Ed Citron feel like home. shiney graphics, classes, big reticle so he notice who to hit and just a few specials instead of the promised 500 skills to not confuse his simple mind, and now global AH to make an end on any sense behind warfare.
well done AV for this Wowification of a once as sandbox promised game.
-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------$OE - eternal enemy of online gaming-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!
"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)
Still one of the few full loot games out there. The patch (which is delayed until Tuesday) will have more than just the market. I think a safe zone adjustment (nerf) will be in it too.
Being able to buy crafted gear off the market is a godsend for solo or new players. This market makes the game more like EVE Online instead of WoW.