Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Guild Wars 2: Bazaar of the Four Winds

124»

Comments

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

No point in arguments, especially when they involve people who seriously wouldn't play GW2 no matter what the game does...

It's a pride thing, seriously, this update is llooking to be great, and they are getting better especially in terms of how people get things, no chest from cash shops to get skins , and to note these skins aren't even ugly especially mixed with right armor.

More stuff to do, and here I see people trying to bring out the lore issue out the ass as if they truthfully care about getting back into GW2(Let's be real and honest here), to be fair though, that can be an issue, but in all honestly the people arguing in this thread except for a [few]...and when I say few I mean 2, really and honestly only care, cause the rest don't give two shits what GW2 does but have a need to spark issues they could care less about seeing as they been against this game vocally for the past months. Cause that would fuck up their pride, very rare do we have people who let go of their pride and just admit to stuff on these forums.

Hell you got people to this day who find it hard to honestly say something that really is successful...successful, and it's pride and envy.

Now like I said a few do care and really have an issue, especially with the lore stuff, obviously not a big issue. A-NET is doing their own thing spite the naysayers, I swear this game might not be for y'all, some of you guys know this, yet continue, your better off playing each update till done, and never returning until the next, most of you guys are going to play, like I said awhile ago, naysayers will literally cut themselves on the wrist if doing so would mean the game the really dislike...fails, sad but true. In other words, they will hate and hate a video game that for some reason each month they claim to try the latest update, come back and complain some more, I still don't believe that is healthy lmao, but what do I know.

Anyway see you guys([naysayers] and fans) in game rofl. image

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,865
    Originally posted by RizelStar

No point in arguments, especially when they involve people who seriously wouldn't play GW2 no matter what the game does...

It's a pride thing, seriously, this update is llooking to be great, and they are getting better especially in terms of how people get things, no chest from cash shops to get skins , and to note these skins aren't even ugly especially mixed with right armor.

More stuff to do, and here I see people trying to bring out the lore issue out the ass as if they truthfully care about getting back into GW2(Let's be real and honest here), to be fair though, that can be an issue, but in all honestly the people arguing in this thread except for a [few]...and when I say few I mean 2, really and honestly only care, cause the rest don't give two shits what GW2 does but have a need to spark issues they could care less about seeing as they been against this game vocally for the past months. Cause that would fuck up their pride, very rare do we have people who let go of their pride and just admit to stuff on these forums.

Hell you got people to this day who find it hard to honestly say something that really is successful...successful, and it's pride and envy.

Now like I said a few do care and really have an issue, especially with the lore stuff, obviously not a big issue. A-NET is doing their own thing spite the naysayers, I swear this game might not be for y'all, some of you guys know this, yet continue, your better off playing each update till done, and never returning until the next, most of you guys are going to play, like I said awhile ago, naysayers will literally cut themselves on the wrist if doing so would mean the game the really dislike...fails, sad but true. In other words, they will hate and hate a video game that for some reason each month they claim to try the latest update, come back and complain some more, I still don't believe that is healthy lmao, but what do I know.

Anyway see you guys([naysayers] and fans) in game rofl. image

Spot on.

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Originally posted by Volkon
    Originally posted by MindTrigger

PLAYERS make that kind of content with gameplay systems, IMO.  Making transient story content while simultaneously alienating both potential new players, and players who stopped playing a while, is not the same thing. 

Here's another question for ya.  What about re-rolls?  Do you know that a lot of people re-roll to experience content from different perspectives?  What happens when large part of that content "expires"?

In my opinion, one of the things WoW got right as a themepark, was accumulating massive amounts of content over many years.  Themeparks offer little else but story content, so what's the point of putting all that effort into make it transient?

Rerolls? Hell, I missed the whole 1950's and the birth of Rock and Roll. Should I be outraged? My kids have missed the 1900's in their entirety, how can they possibly be enjoying life now?  Rerolls are new characters. Their experiences in time begin when they do. You remember the past you experienced, hear tales of the past you didn't, and live for the future.

Real life/video game. Lol at those comparisons.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    Originally posted by Soki123
    Originally posted by Volkon
    Originally posted by MindTrigger

PLAYERS make that kind of content with gameplay systems, IMO.  Making transient story content while simultaneously alienating both potential new players, and players who stopped playing a while, is not the same thing. 

Here's another question for ya.  What about re-rolls?  Do you know that a lot of people re-roll to experience content from different perspectives?  What happens when large part of that content "expires"?

In my opinion, one of the things WoW got right as a themepark, was accumulating massive amounts of content over many years.  Themeparks offer little else but story content, so what's the point of putting all that effort into make it transient?

Rerolls? Hell, I missed the whole 1950's and the birth of Rock and Roll. Should I be outraged? My kids have missed the 1900's in their entirety, how can they possibly be enjoying life now?  Rerolls are new characters. Their experiences in time begin when they do. You remember the past you experienced, hear tales of the past you didn't, and live for the future.

Real life/video game. Lol at those comparisons.

Dude, that's what ANet is trying to do. Give us the illusion of a moving world where you CAN miss out on things. Drawing comparison to real life isn't farfetched.

• GODGANONDORFGODGANONDORF Member Posts: 59
    I love GW franchise and i like gw 2 indeed but as a hardcore gamer of this mmo i really feel sad for this tempoary aditions i would prefer permanent stuff, is not like the game really changes at all all gw 2 players now the game have an evnet cycle and its fun like that, doing this temporary stuff just strees players to play everyday in worrinyg of losing something forever instead of actaully enyoying it, in my opinion is not healthy for new players to come and see they missed everything because they werent there 15 days to play everyday to get the stuff, even for me who work and have school is very stressing to play thinking i could miss something just because all new stuff is temporary, i wish they reroll alll theese evnets so all players can enyoy them at their hytm and not in hush sick hurriyng race, imo is bad idea and i hope they rethink it

DARK AND LIGHT I GOVERN BOTH

• RubrubgrrRubrubgrr Member UncommonPosts: 75

Played GW2 through beta and left after 3 months but really enjoyed my time their. I love the concept of the living story, totally awesome imho, good to see a company trying new things. All this new content is great BUT so much of it is temporary or seasonal which means if i miss a seasonal installment  i have to wait 12 months for it to come around? If thats how it works that kinda blows. With the living story however, is that seasonal? idk, any info would be welcome.

oh and plz OH PLZ stop quoting each other with the obnoxious walls of txt FFS! ur making ma eyes bleed! :P I know its a public forum but hey other people would like to actually read the constructive comments which are drowned out by the 4 way shite slinging match between the same 4 or 5 posters thread after thread zomg moderators PLZ moderate. ty have a nice day :)

• verenovverenov Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Originally posted by Ganksinatra

Calling this an update is like calling SWTOR content "updates". This is all fluff, hardly any content.

WOOOO Beetle racing, ONE PvP map (in a PvP centric game), and vendors on a ship! That's WAY better than many more PvP maps, or some actual palatable endgame that might bring some players back, or some other PvE things to do (again, to bring back the players who loved the game leveling, but hated the PvP endgame). Nah, just give them shinies to look at. The GW2 fanbois will call it the best thing since sliced bread and claim their game actually has "content" upgrades every 2 weeks.

LOL

Content is content.  Whether YOU like it or not is irrelevant. 

1) Beetle Racing = Beetle Racing Content.  I've not tried it yet, but many in my guild have and seem to enjoy it.  This is *something* previously NOT in the game that is NOW in the game. This is content.

2) PVP Map = PVP Content.  Once again, this is a map that was not previously in the game that is NOW in the game.  This is content.

3) Endgame = Not for Raiders.  This was made abundantly clear before launch.  This is not a game for the hardcore, or even casual, raiders as the game is more about appearance than many other hardcore gear-dependent MMOs.  I'm not saying whether one is better than the other. I'm saying that if you're playing GW2 hoping for an endgame that has raiding that allows you get uber-gear that allows pwnage on an extreme level, then you're probably in the wrong game.

4) Shinies = Monies.  I like shinies almost as much as Skritt like shinies (well, not really).  GW2 is about the shinies.  The gem store is mostly about making your character LOOK good anyway.  The gem store is how ArenaNet/GW2 continues to be able to release NEW CONTENT.  There has been new content just about every 2 weeks for the last couple of months.  Whether you like the Living Story or not is irrelevant.  What IS relevant is that Anet HAS been releasing content like crazy this year.  Also, keep in mind that this game HAS NO MONTHLY FEE.  We are getting ALL this content literally free-of-charge.

5)  Bazaar of the Four Winds = Awesome.  I believe that this has been my personal favorite of the content released thus far.  And, you're right, it's mostly visual or *fluff* if you will.  It's jumping puzzles, scavenger hunts, mini dungeon, etc... However, the actual zone is just amazing, not to mention the absolute massive airship in the game.  The story behind it is really good, too.  It's not an epic tale by any means, but not all stories have to be.  *shrug* What can I say?  I really have enjoyed it and hope to get all the achievements for it, not to mention the new weapon and armor skins.

6) See? There is content!

God bless ya, man.  Maybe GW2 just isn't the game for you if what they're doing isn't fulfilling your gaming needs.  There are other MMO's out there. Maybe one fits you better than this one.  Good luck finding it!

"I am handicapped...I'm psychotic."