Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

LF F2P players to interview

Seat_LordSeat_Lord asdasdas, NVPosts: 3Member

Hello,

I'm looking for F2P players for an article I write.

If you are a F2P player who encountered a technical problem and recieved no satisfactory service from The Old Republic support team due to not being a paid customer and you are willing to talk about it, I'd like to hear what do you have to say.

Please send your stories and some info about yourself (name, age, country) to the following address:

adi.p (at) vgames.co.il

Thank you! :)

Comments

  • jarretjarret north las vegas, NVPosts: 9Member
    It doesn't sound like your really trying to write an article as oppose to bash a game. Why are you only looking for people with negative experiences.If you want to write a valid article seek everyone who dealt with customer service there good or bad.
  • Seat_LordSeat_Lord asdasdas, NVPosts: 3Member

    There is a reason I'm looking for the negative exp, but if you have a rly interesting positive story then I'm all ears. 

    BUT you still have to be F2P!

  • ImperialSunImperialSun WorcesterPosts: 212Member
    Originally posted by jarret
    It doesn't sound like your really trying to write an article as oppose to bash a game. Why are you only looking for people with negative experiences.If you want to write a valid article seek everyone who dealt with customer service there good or bad.

    All sounds a bit disingenuous to me :(

    If youi are prepared to share your reasons for only including poor service in the article then I may be happy to share my experiences wih the support team.

    Based on your OP it sounds nothing more than a thinly veiled attempt at bashing the game. I am more than happy to contribute but will only be involved with a balanced and rational peice of writing and the fact you come to THIS particular forum seeking feedback makes it look even more suspect.

    Driz

  • Seat_LordSeat_Lord asdasdas, NVPosts: 3Member

    The thing is, I noticed TOR's tech support is very discriminating towards F2P players, they barely have any way to contact support in case they encounter a bug or need any kind of help at all.

    Compared to other MMORPG games, the other games allow free players at least posting privilege once in a time in the official forums, while TOR F2P can only read existing topics. And I'm not even talking about sending in-game support tickets...

    In a nutshell, F2P players in TOR don't have any online way to get support when needed, their only way to get help is by calling Bioware's support centers by phone, but for players in other countries this call might cost a lot, making it unworthy finnancialy.

    My article's aim is to expose this problem worldwide, hopefully make Bioware fix this wrong situation by letting F2P players to post in the official forum like all the other major MMORPG games.

    I'll appreciate any help given :)!

     
  • BadOrbBadOrb ManchesterPosts: 791Member Uncommon

    I thought that the skype call to customer service was free ? Anyway eirc mentioned why F2P players cant post on the forums and I quoted him in my post ( no 36 ) in the following thread. I see his point the forum would be full of spam then they would get banned then make another spamming account , not everyone would but a mess it would become ( I'm sure I'm starting to actually type in Yoda speech these days , very odd ).

    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/367/view/forums/thread/387378/page/2

    Cheers,

    BadOrb.

    PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

  • danwest58danwest58 Cincinnati, OHPosts: 974Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Seat_Lord

    The thing is, I noticed TOR's tech support is very discriminating towards F2P players, they barely have any way to contact support in case they encounter a bug or need any kind of help at all.

    Compared to other MMORPG games, the other games allow free players at least posting privilege once in a time in the official forums, while TOR F2P can only read existing topics. And I'm not even talking about sending in-game support tickets...

    In a nutshell, F2P players in TOR don't have any online way to get support when needed, their only way to get help is by calling Bioware's support centers by phone, but for players in other countries this call might cost a lot, making it unworthy finnancialy.

    My article's aim is to expose this problem worldwide, hopefully make Bioware fix this wrong situation by letting F2P players to post in the official forum like all the other major MMORPG games.

    I'll appreciate any help given :)!

     

    Why waste your time?  A business is not going to care about people who want something for Free.  They are there to make money and if you dont help them make money they will ignore you.  

    image

  • ShrewdDuckShrewdDuck Long, MIPosts: 21Member Uncommon

    Is someone does not have enough money to pay for a service or make a phone call, then maybe they should be more focused on finding a job rather than playing video games?

    SWTOR f2p should be seen more as an extended trial imo, which is most likely the intent of the company. If someone doesn't like their f2p model and still want to play the game, then maybe they should fork over some cash to play. Just my opinion though.

  • leojreimrocleojreimroc Toronto, ONPosts: 371Member
    Originally posted by ShrewdDuck

    Is someone does not have enough money to pay for a service or make a phone call, then maybe they should be more focused on finding a job rather than playing video games?

    SWTOR f2p should be seen more as an extended trial imo, which is most likely the intent of the company. If someone doesn't like their f2p model and still want to play the game, then maybe they should fork over some cash to play. Just my opinion though.

    There's a big problem with your reasoning.  Preferred players also get no support.  These players do spend money on the game and don't "need to get a job" as some people so eloquently say.

    Now I haven't played for a while, but when I did, I did get some serious issues with the game that no GM or any of the phone support staff could help me with.  I lost items (even cartel items that I bought) and no one could help me.  It took a BBB report to finally get something done.  It shouldn't come to that.  There are some serious issues with support for this game and people who aren't subscribers have absolutely no voice.  I'm glad that the OP is doing this.

    To the OP, it's very important that you mention that not only f2p but preferred players also get no support.  These are in fact paying customers.

Sign In or Register to comment.